Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #2,192 of 4,743
Fellas,

if you are looking for a very good mini-desktop amp that can drive IEM's and HPs with relative ease, check out the Cavalli Liquid Carbon (on sale right now at their website). They are running a limited edition of 500 such amps at $599 (plus shipping). Amp will come in 4 months later. Cavalli is as good as it gets IMO. Yep, I ordered one.

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,193 of 4,743
  Fellas,

if you are looking for a very good mini-desktop amp that can drive IEM's and HPs with relative ease, check out the Cavalli Liquid Carbon (on sale right now at their website). They are running a limited edition of 500 such amps at $599 (plus shipping). Amp will come in 4 months later. Cavalli is as good as it gets IMO. Yep, I ordered one.

Sadly most of us are super poor, Even my salary is just over that $599 mark. Most of us can dream about it. I do at times. One day i dreamt about an earphone, huge one, 12 drivers per side!! Had it in my hand, and when i woke up, i was looking for it.
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,194 of 4,743
  Fellas,

Looking forward to your impressions.

Sadly most of us are super poor, Even my salary is just over that $599 mark. Most of us can dream about it. I do at times. One day i dreamt about an earphone, huge one, 12 drivers per side!! Had it in my hand, and when i woke up, i was looking for it.
redface.gif

LOL you reminded me of Noble Kaiser 10. Now I'll start having those dreams again
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #2,195 of 4,743

redface.gif

+1

Haha.... that's why I keep ordering low costing chinese IEMs. Ever since I joined head-fi my dream of buying a Royal Enfield keeps going distant from me ~ been saving for the bike since some time but recently the head-fi syndrome ate up a lot and couldn't save as I planned T__T

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #2,196 of 4,743
 Sadly most of us are super poor, Even my salary is just over that $599 mark. Most of us can dream about it. I do at times. One day i dreamt about an earphone, huge one, 12 drivers per side!! Had it in my hand, and when i woke up, i was looking for it.:xf_eek:

Haha! You said it, my friend.
On the other hand, we could all contribute and arrange for a weekend's hotel stay for our good friend Mr Ganesh, on the condition that he brings his audio gear with him. This would essentially translate into the biggest head-fi meet to be ever organized in our country thus far! :D

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #2,197 of 4,743
  +1

Haha.... that's why I keep ordering low costing chinese IEMs. Ever since I joined head-fi my dream of buying a Royal Enfield keeps going distant from me ~ been saving for the bike since some time but recently the head-fi syndrome ate up a lot and couldn't save as I planned T__T

Similar here, i am buying a bike soon, already booked one, it wasnt easy.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #2,198 of 4,743
Haha! You said it, my friend.
On the other hand, we could all contribute and arrange for a weekend's hotel stay for our good friend Mr Ganesh, on the condition that he brings his audio gear with him. This would essentially translate into the biggest head-fi meet to be ever organized in our country thus far!
biggrin.gif

Fellas,

I am not even sure that the airlines will allow my equipment to be checked in. It is really sad that we are spread out with 2 -3 people in Chennai, 2 in Bangalore, 3 in Mumbai and so on... (numbers are approximate of course). I am looking at the guys in the US having these mini-meets and at least 30 of them show up in cities like SF, LA, NYC etc. 

If you guys can find your way to Chennai on a weekend, I will get all of my equipment into my office (we don't work weekends) and we can have a day-long meet. Let me know.

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #2,199 of 4,743

Similar here, i am buying a bike soon, already booked one, it wasnt easy.

Hehehe .. I am selling my Royal Enfield though .. Don't ride much now. I have Classic 350 Maroon ...
  +1

After buying Royal Enfield, Forget spending moolah on audio gears :) .. Buying enfield is like Marrying, You can't take things for your own but happily buy things for your better half :D

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #2,201 of 4,743
Hehehe .. I am selling my Royal Enfield though .. Don't ride much now. I have Classic 350 Maroon ...
After buying Royal Enfield, Forget spending moolah on audio gears :) .. Buying enfield is like Marrying, You can't take things for your own but happily buy things for your better half :D

I'm planning for STD500 forest green. Oh I am aware of the fact! Ready to spend but the happiness would be immeasurable.

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,203 of 4,743
Apr 16, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #2,204 of 4,743
  Fellas,

I am not even sure that the airlines will allow my equipment to be checked in. It is really sad that we are spread out with 2 -3 people in Chennai, 2 in Bangalore, 3 in Mumbai and so on... (numbers are approximate of course). I am looking at the guys in the US having these mini-meets and at least 30 of them show up in cities like SF, LA, NYC etc. 

If you guys can find your way to Chennai on a weekend, I will get all of my equipment into my office (we don't work weekends) and we can have a day-long meet. Let me know.

Being in Chennai, I will be interested in the meet to see your impressive inventory :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #2,205 of 4,743

Being in Chennai, I will be interested in the meet to see your impressive inventory :)

VB, you got to take the lead in rounding up a few people. I know Jagan was active till recently and he lives near Chennai (Pondy I think or Cuddalore). He bought my HE 500. If you want to hear the Stax line up, its got to be at home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back