Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,162 of 4,743
  Thanks again Suman.
By the way, how does the Xduoo X2 sound? How does it compare to, say, the Sansa Clip series?

Its a nice sounding player, but i dont have a sansa to compare, Still the word is that its better than those sansas. And for its price X2 has to be the best player, but the Ui needs some serious polishing. May be they can add a back button, and Should tackle that error with some FLAC files.

Its fun sounding, with some upper mid emphasis which makes some instruments shine unnaturally, and extension at both end seems a bit lacking. For the sake of finding faults. But it has some serious power.

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #2,163 of 4,743

Its a nice sounding player, but i dont have a sansa to compare, Still the word is that its better than those sansas. And for its price X2 has to be the best player, but the Ui needs some serious polishing. May be they can add a back button, and Should tackle that error with some FLAC files.

Its fun sounding, with some upper mid emphasis which makes some instruments shine unnaturally, and extension at both end seems a bit lacking. For the sake of finding faults. But it has some serious power.

Thanks for that bit of info Suman.

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #2,164 of 4,743
Back to my amp requirement, I'm looking at FiiO E12A currently; so if anyone's interested in helping this poor soul fund a purchase, and in buying an E07k 'Andes' (in near mint condition, no less) to help said soul achieve that without a mini financial crisis hitting in, do please let me know. 

Cheers

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,166 of 4,743
@EISENbricher
 ; 
How does the Topping NX1 sound? How does it alter the sound of the source device/ DAP? Could you give some comparisons with stock sound of Sansa clip series or any other references that you know of?

Thanks

I have no comparison to provide.. But surely can tell you that NX1 is a very neutral amp. You won't notice any change in sound signature, just that it pulls down sub bass just by a tad bit. I'd say NX1 is slightly cold. Peter123 has frequency graph of NX1, he had it posted somewhere back but I can't find it now. You may refer to it as well.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #2,167 of 4,743
I have no comparison to provide.. But surely can tell you that NX1 is a very neutral amp. You won't notice any change in sound signature, just that it pulls down sub bass just by a tad bit. I'd say NX1 is slightly cold. Peter123 has frequency graph of NX1, he had it posted somewhere back but I can't find it now. You may refer to it as well.

Thanks for the info, will look into it.
Cheers

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2,169 of 4,743
Does anyone have any experience with Trinity Engineering?

I am interested in the Hyperion.

Considering selling my Dunu Titan1.

regards,

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,170 of 4,743
@EISENbricher,

Got the new pair of Havis? I see a change in your signature list.

Is the new pair so different from the defective old pair to make such a difference? IIRC you told me only about the channel imbalance..

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,171 of 4,743
@EISENbricher

Got the new pair of Havis? I see a change in your signature list.

Is the new pair so different from the defective old pair to make such a difference? IIRC you told me only about the channel imbalance..

Not actually, I recently found that it was a fit issue and I had bit of listening problem in my left ear that lasted about a month. I found perfect tips for Havi thankfully and now I'm able to enjoy its 'true' sound. Reassessing their SQ I now see them in high regard.

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #2,173 of 4,743
  Does anyone have any experience with Trinity Engineering?

I am interested in the Hyperion.

Considering selling my Dunu Titan1.

regards,

@sardar17, sardara, lapetlo hosake tou.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,174 of 4,743
So I made it to Mumbai. Still bouncing through friends' places before I can find a flat.

Would love to audition some of the lovely gears of fellow head-fi'ers in this wonderful city.

I brought my own gear too and they are currently being lugged around in my luggage as I jump from place to place. :p

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,175 of 4,743
So I made it to Mumbai. Still bouncing through friends' places before I can find a flat.

Would love to audition some of the lovely gears of fellow head-fi'ers in this wonderful city.

I brought my own gear too and they are currently being lugged around in my luggage as I jump from place to place.
tongue.gif

Welcome to Mumbai, reddington. My city is awesome :D
Which place will you be staying btw, if you don't mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back