Roll Call for Team AKG
Jan 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #601 of 1,537
K271 MkII being added to the collection. Family want be to get something that leaks an absolute minimum of sound.

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #603 of 1,537

Quote:
K271 MkII being added to the collection. Family want be to get something that leaks an absolute minimum of sound.

I own a K271 MKII too, it's the most shielded headphone I own.
It shielded in both direction - on and out - very good.
D7000 shielded in one direction - out better. The family hear my music silent, but I hear all words.

My rating - the K271 MKII is a bit below the K701/702, Q701

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #605 of 1,537
The K271s have arrived and I am just playing with them at the moment. It is -7 degrees outside and i know they have been in the back of a frozen van for two days waiting to be delivered, so they will need running in. I will need to wait for family to get home to tell me how noisy they are as, of course they stop as soon as you take them off, which is very clever. I had also not realised that they come with interchaneable cables and pads, which sound be standard for all headphones!

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #606 of 1,537

Quote:
The K271s have arrived and I am just playing with them at the moment. It is -7 degrees outside and i know they have been in the back of a frozen van for two days waiting to be delivered, so they will need running in. I will need to wait for family to get home to tell me how noisy they are as, of course they stop as soon as you take them off, which is very clever. I had also not realised that they come with interchaneable cables and pads, which sound be standard for all headphones!

maybe try putting them on your leg to see how loud they are to people around?

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #607 of 1,537

Quote:
Quote:

maybe try putting them on your leg to see how loud they are to people around?

I tried that, but it was like trying tell if the light goes out in the fridge when you close the door. I was never sure if they had muted or started up again.

The answer is that they leak enough sound to potentially annoy someone sitting next to you in a quiet room and they are not my most leakless headphones, my little Senn PX200s are. But they have nothing like the SQ and scale of music that the K271s have.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #609 of 1,537
Thanks fro the tips, I got the pads on fine, but I cannot find the tab for the life of me, where is it?

After 4 days of exclusive listening with the K271s I have switched back to my K702s and am really appreciating that extra openness that they give.

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #610 of 1,537
akg 240s. love them so much. totally under-rated headphone.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #611 of 1,537
I'm in, though a relative Noob.

AKG K-701

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #612 of 1,537
My second K702, serial #13273 purchased from Amazon about a week ago. And I might add that these sound even better out of my AGD C-2 SA than they did out of my modded m-stage! Even on low gain, I never put the dial past 9:30 or 10 lol, this amp was meant for planars (6 WATTS into 50 ohms!). Can someone tell me what are the ABSOLUTELY hardest AKG's to drive-I want some more stuff to throw at this beast :)

-Daniel

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #615 of 1,537
K271 owner here. Currently lusting after a K501/601/701 though, since I'm dying for some soundstage.

I'd be more interested in the K240's, but I've heard people say they are much bassier than the K271's, and I really just want to retain this overall sound signature.

If anyone has some of the aforementioned headphones they'd be willing to trade, do let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back