RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #422 of 505
Thank you for your question. ROCOO p is more focus on sound quality. say, it's selling points are the sound quality. It is worth for you to try the ROCOO P And compare to your J3. You will find they are so different in term of sound signatures.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #423 of 505
My Sandisk ultra class 10 32GB went corrupt, card was locked and showed 30MB when formatting. Did try some options but that didn't work.
The Samsung 32GB class 10 card I have doesn't pair well, it does not show any files on the RoCoo. When I plug it into my Cowon D2 all is fine.

So what micro-SD card do you guys use?

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #425 of 505
Quote:
My Sandisk ultra class 10 32GB went corrupt, card was locked and showed 30MB when formatting. Did try some options but that didn't work.
The Samsung 32GB class 10 card I have doesn't pair well, it does not show any files on the RoCoo. When I plug it into my Cowon D2 all is fine.

So what micro-SD card do you guys use?

Have you formated it with FAT 32 format tool?

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #426 of 505
Quote:
Did you delete the system folder before restarting the player with the new card in it?

No I didn't. Before I had the Sandisk I already had the Samsung. That was the first card I used. Out of the blue (couple weeks of use) the RoCoo showed no music files. If I put the same musix files (FLAC) on a different card the RoCoo displays the files.
Quote:
Have you formated it with FAT 32 format tool?

Yes, using the Panasonic SD formatter.

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #427 of 505
Quote:
No I didn't. Before I had the Sandisk I already had the Samsung. That was the first card I used. Out of the blue (couple weeks of use) the RoCoo showed no music files. If I put the same musix files (FLAC) on a different card the RoCoo displays the files.
Yes, using the Panasonic SD formatter.

I'm not sure if the Panasonic SD formatter will work? Did you try guiformat.exe

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #428 of 505
So I re-formatted the card with GUIformat (byte allocation size 4096)
and deleted the SYSTEM folder from the RoCoo.

Put a mp3 (Knopfler) and a different FLAC (Lynyrd Skynyrd) album on it.
RoCoo says
Internal 9MB / 39xxMB
External 0MB / 0MB

Ok so I see the FLAC tags were wrong, hadn't converted them from FLACv2

So now I write 3 albums to my Samsung card:
- Hitzone 60 (FLAC, converted earlier)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (FLAC)
- Mark Knopfler (MP3)
BTW I use Easy CD-DA Extractor to convert the cd's / files.

Still the RoCoo says:
External 0MB / 0MB
One time the files did show up but couldn't be played. The FLAC files did nothing (stopped icon), when starting one of the mp3 files I get a media error.

So I copied the files from the Samsung (32GB - class 10) to my Kingmax (8GB - class 6) card and yes they play on the RoCoo.
ksc75smile.gif

What tag system should I use?
Current settings:
FLAC = FLAC
MP3 = ID3v2.3

Does the cluster size matter?
Mostly I use 4096 or 512.

Thanks for the help, I'm a bit confused to what the problem exactly is right now.
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #429 of 505
Quote:
So I re-formatted the card with GUIformat (byte allocation size 4096)
and deleted the SYSTEM folder from the RoCoo.

Put a mp3 (Knopfler) and a different FLAC (Lynyrd Skynyrd) album on it.
RoCoo says
Internal 9MB / 39xxMB
External 0MB / 0MB

Ok so I see the FLAC tags were wrong, hadn't converted them from FLACv2

So now I write 3 albums to my Samsung card:
- Hitzone 60 (FLAC, converted earlier)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (FLAC)
- Mark Knopfler (MP3)
BTW I use Easy CD-DA Extractor to convert the cd's / files.

Still the RoCoo says:
External 0MB / 0MB
One time the files did show up but couldn't be played. The FLAC files did nothing (stopped icon), when starting one of the mp3 files I get a media error.

So I copied the files from the Samsung (32GB - class 10) to my Kingmax (8GB - class 6) card and yes they play on the RoCoo.
ksc75smile.gif

What tag system should I use?
Current settings:
FLAC = FLAC
MP3 = ID3v2.3

Does the cluster size matter?
Mostly I use 4096 or 512.

Thanks for the help, I'm a bit confused to what the problem exactly is right now.
confused_face_2.gif

Could your SD card be a fake?....

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #430 of 505
It's coming from a local online retailer with good reviews so I doubt it's fake, besides that the speeds are fine not slow like those OEM cards. The RoCoo is also the only device that has problems with it. I used the same card for a couple of weeks with my Cowon D2 without any trouble.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #431 of 505
Has anyone taken apart their rocoo?

Seems one of the soldiers on the jack has broken, if i touch my cable when plugged in the sound goes from one side.

I can fix it myself with some cardas solder i have kicking about.

I was gentle with this player as well, i guess something jolted it without my knowing.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #432 of 505
Quote:
Has anyone taken apart their rocoo?

Seems one of the soldiers on the jack has broken, if i touch my cable when plugged in the sound goes from one side.

I can fix it myself with some cardas solder i have kicking about.

I was gentle with this player as well, i guess something jolted it without my knowing.

lee730 mentioned taking apart his Rocoo BA or Studio(not sure which). Take off the back plate and there is a few screws for access to the insides.   I dont think he took any pictures of the insides though. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #433 of 505
Yeah my Studio V had 4 screws in the back that I was able to remove to gain access to inside the player. I'm not sure about the Rocoo but I know it also has a plastic back-plate that must be removed to gain access to the screws (if any).

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #434 of 505
Lately it's taking an awfully long time for my Rocoo P to start up. I used a stopwatch to measure it and it's taking up to 1 min 9 sec for my rocoo P to boot. Do you guys have the same?? or do you know how to fix this :) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back