The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 11, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #3,181 of 88,423
I actually ordered an X6 and a Qian39 (another cheapie) a couple days ago as those were two rec'd to me so I can try to figure out what shell types/size will work for me. The only experience I've had with buds are the old school Apple ones that used to come with iPods; those are not secure in my ears. I'm so used to IEMs, anything that's not a tight fit in my ears is simply bizarre, hahaha.

They take a bit of getting used to - I kept trying to push EM5 further in to my ears but it wasn't happening - you get used to it and the sound quality speaks for itself!

It was actually from finding an old set of iAudio (Cowon) buds recently that gave me a taste for what buds can sound like, as is obvious, I'm definitely sold. I'd love to see more brands in this space!

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #3,183 of 88,423
they are amazing bang for buck

Speaking of amazing bang-for-buck now's as good a time as any to mention the Audiosense DT600 which I've been fortunate to have loan from @tgx78 this week. They are amazing IEMs and I don't think I've been this impressed off the bat with a pair of IEMs since hearing the Isabellae for the first time in May and the fact that they only cost $249 is difficult to comprehend and is making me think long and hard about the nature of value in this hobby.

In a nutshell there something of a slightly darker, more mid-forward Andromeda with deeper, more hard hitting bass and I'm tempted to say equal or better technicalities. All in all a profoundly well balanced & engaging set of IEMs. I use the Andromeda comparison as that IEM is kind of my benchmark "Jack of all trades"-- they're technical without being the most technical, and sufficiently fun without being the most fun etc. and pretty much sound good with everything. While they obviously haven't earned the "test of time" badge yet like the Andromeda has I'd rank the side by side for the time being-- which for me is no small praise. I've been struggling with this all week but honestly they're that good. Mids, particularly vovals are forward, natural bodied and clear. Detail & resolution leave nothing to be desired-- but this has never been a particular area of priority for me if everything else is in check. Layering, separation & stage width/depth is very good. Bass is incredible for an all BA set...no for any set really. But it does lack the rumble, extension and totally organic/analogue timbre in the lows/mids of something like Isa or Dorado. I would say a slight sub-bass emphasis but mid-bass is present and satisfying-- usually my number one deal breaker if i isn't. BA timbre is noticeable in the mids and while stridency is skirted at times it never gets there. My love of DD timbre in the mids & bass is probably the only factor keeping these from reaching the upper tiers of my personal rankings but man I can't believe how good these are for the price. I'll likely be ordering a set for myself.

A9F6944F-65F2-4F7B-B853-9325BD0378D8.JPEG

Today is Thanksgiving so I'd like to extend my further gratitude to @tgx78 for being ever willing to send my IEMs to try. This set really knocked it out of the park.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3,184 of 88,423
Speaking of amazing bang-for-buck now's as good a time as any to mention the Audiosense DT600 which I've been fortunate to have loan from @tgx78 this week. They are amazing IEMs and I don't think I've been this impressed off the bat with a pair of IEMs since hearing the Isabellae for the first time in May and the fact that they only cost $249 is difficult to comprehend and is making me think long and hard about the nature of value in this hobby.

In a nutshell there something of a slightly darker, more mid-forward Andromeda with deeper, more hard hitting bass and I'm tempted to say equal or better technicalities. All in all a profoundly well balanced & engaging set of IEMs. I use the Andromeda comparison as that IEM is kind of my benchmark "Jack of all trades"-- they're technical without being the most technical, and sufficiently fun without being the most fun etc. and pretty much sound good with everything. While they obviously haven't earned the "test of time" badge yet like the Andromeda has I'd rank the side by side for the time being-- which for me is no small praise. I've been struggling with this all week but honestly they're that good. Mids, particularly vovals are forward, natural bodied and clear. Detail & resolution leave nothing to be desired-- but this has never been a particular area of priority for me if everything else is in check. Layering, separation & stage width/depth is very good. Bass is incredible for an all BA set...no for any set really. But it does lack the rumble, extension and totally organic/analogue timbre in the lows/mids of something like Isa or Dorado. I would say a slight sub-bass emphasis but mid-bass is present and satisfying-- usually my number one deal breaker if i isn't. BA timbre is noticeable in the mids and while stridency is skirted at times it never gets there. My love of DD timbre in the mids & bass is probably the only factor keeping these from reaching the upper tiers of my personal rankings but man I can't believe how good these are for the price. I'll likely be ordering a set for myself.

Today is Thanksgiving so I'd like to extend my further gratitude to @tgx78 for being ever willing to send my IEMs to try. This set really knocked it out of the park.
Although I can clearly see that you are probably using the CA cable, I am still curious to know - have you tried it with the 75 Ohm adaptor also? It supposedly comes with it, and paired with the stock cable, alters the sound signature significantly - mostly for the better.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3,185 of 88,423
Happy Thanksgiving to all and Jeff for this awesome thread. As soon as I heard the DT600, I had to send it over to @Rockwell75 as I was pinching myself in a disbelief how nice it sounded.

Amazing thing is depending on output impedance you can change its sound signature to bright neutral with a subbass boost to cater classical music fans like me.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #3,187 of 88,423
Although I can clearly see that you are probably using the CA cable, I am still curious to know - have you tried it with the 75 Ohm adaptor also? It supposedl comes with it, and paired with the stock cable, altes the sound signature significantly - mostly for the better.

I only received the IEMs and a 4.4 cable (not sure if it's the stock). I connected it to the CFA cable as I wanted to hear it through the tube out on my n3Pro. It sounds great through both the n3Pro and the Shanling M8 though you get a thicker, meatier sound through the M8, which I think I prefer slightly.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. As soon as I heard the DT600, I had to send it over to @Rockwell75 as I was pinching myself in a disbelief how nice it sounded.

Amazing thing is depending on output impedance you can change its sound signature to bright neutral with a subbass boost to cater classical music fans like me.

I'm definitely digging the bass. Definitely some of the most satisfying BA bass I've heard. It's refreshing to know that while summit fi gear has reached ludicrous levels in terms of cost you can get gear that's this good for less than $500. I could probably take the DT600 and my n3Pro and be totally satisfied for less than $1K.

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #3,188 of 88,423
I only received the IEMs and a 4.4 cable (not sure if it's the stock). I connected it to the CFA cable as I wanted to hear it through the tube out on my n3Pro. It sounds great through both the n3Pro and the Shanling M8 though you get a thicker, meatier sound through the M8, which I think I prefer slightly.

I'm definitely digging the bass. Definitely some of the most satisfying BA bass I've heard. It's refreshing to know that while summit fi gear has reached ludicrous levels in terms of cost you can get gear that's this good for less than $500. I could probably take the DT600 and my n3Pro and be totally satisfied for less than $1K.
The question is - Will You?

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #3,190 of 88,423
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #3,191 of 88,423

A9F6944F-65F2-4F7B-B853-9325BD0378D8.JPEG

I kinda thought I was out of the hobby for a bit as nothing really was calling me. Been happy with the BLON03 with the Lotoo S1 as my budget set up but seeing your post and @tgx78 's comments makes me wonder if I shouldn't look at these. I had a less than positive experience with the T800 though so are these different?

Oct 11, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,192 of 88,423
I kinda thought I was out of the hobby for a bit as nothing really was calling me. Been happy with the BLON03 with the Lotoo S1 as my budget set up but seeing your post and @tgx78 's comments makes me wonder if I shouldn't look at these. I had a less than positive experience with the T800 though so are these different?

graph (12).png
graph (13).png

Ask @Rockwell75 to ship it to you instead of sending it back to me. Never heard the T800 so I can only go by the graph.

Oct 11, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #3,193 of 88,423
The question is - Will You?

Clearly not lol-- I misspoke I'm not sure it's even possible for some of us to be totally satisfied in this hobby. What I will say is that I could live with those as my main set if I was on a serious budget or something-- they could keep me happy, but could they make me as happy as I could be well that's a different question.

Never heard the T800. I was going to suggest that I send them to you, pending @tgx78's approval but he beat me to it. If you're up for it I'll send them your way. I would say they're unequivocally a step up from the Blon's across the board, even in the bass dept which was Blon's strong suit for me. Whether you'll find the extra cost worth it in your budget realm, well that's a different question. Let me know if you're interested.

In other news I'm thankful I live 5 minutes way from an old growth forest & such beautiful scenery.

1EBAE142-40C3-49D0-ADC3-C3E840365B62.JPEG

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #3,194 of 88,423
Damn nice view. Is that your back yard?

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #3,195 of 88,423
Damn nice view. Is that your back yard?

No but close-- it's in the middle of a 1 hour lake loop trail that's about a 5 minute drive from my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back