Rockbox Xduoo X3
Nov 1, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #856 of 2,617
  I don't know where you got the idea that there was any difference in the end result with one method vs another, or that there was some reason to install Rockbox on a player which already has Rockbox on it. Your chasing your tail here, you already have Rockbox installed. Even the method you're attempting to use now requires the .rockbox folder on the card. There's no reason to do what you're trying to do.

Thank you Riolist2 for confirming my suspicion.

Now I can focus in upon usability features of the Rockbox. I am SO very impressed with getting high quality back into portable music,

Kind regards,
Ian

Nov 1, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #857 of 2,617
Well, Got another empty SD card and formated with fat32, even though the old one showed fat32 in its properly. 

Followed the instructions and placed the new SD card in the XDUOO X3 and it booted up in Rockbox. Then moved the files from the old card to the new one and so far all is well. Just need to get used to the new screen.

Thanks to the community. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #858 of 2,617
I've had my X3 suddenly die on me.  It was Rockboxed but seems to be a hardware failure.  Was listening to it when it went dead.  Plugging into USB gets no response and power button is same.  I emailed tomtop but they seem to be avoiding a return.  I guess it lasted 6 months but still kind of disappointing.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #859 of 2,617
  I've had my X3 suddenly die on me.  It was Rockboxed but seems to be a hardware failure.  Was listening to it when it went dead.  Plugging into USB gets no response and power button is same.  I emailed tomtop but they seem to be avoiding a return.  I guess it lasted 6 months but still kind of disappointing.

did you try the reset button?

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #861 of 2,617

Sounds like hardware failure, but I would try this: with no headphones and no micro SD plugged in, put a pin in the reset hole, then plug in a charger, hold the reset for at least a full minute, then release the reset with the charger still plugged in.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #862 of 2,617
Hi guys. HELP!!! 

My player has been off for a couple of days. And then when I go to turn it on today. just now, I got an error message something like "PANIC! ...dircache" or words to that effect across the screen - my eye sight isn't the best and the small xters made it hard to make ou exactly - especially as I did panic & tried shutting it off immediately so I could try turning it back on again.

After switching it off I tried to turn it on again, and now it is stuck on the loading screen which says:
'xDuoo Audio'
'Digital Audio Player'

It seems now like it is completely frozen! The buttons are not responding at all. I have tried to do a factory reset with a paper clip in the reset hole and nothing is working!!! I have tried the tip about switching it on while holding the option button. NOTHING!

I have tried connecting it to my PC using the supplied USB cable. That is also not making any difference. It's just frozen.
deadhorse.gif

Any ideas? Any hope for me?
frown.gif

Thanks in advance

PS: I've only had it now for about a week. It was brand new and Rockboxed to latest version via instructions at xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm. It has been running just perfectly for most of the the past week.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #863 of 2,617
  Hi guys. HELP!!! 

My player has been off for a couple of days. And then when I go to turn it on today. just now, I got an error message something like "PANIC! ...dircache" or words to that effect across the screen - my eye sight isn't the best and the small xters made it hard to make ou exactly - especially as I did panic & tried shutting it off immediately so I could try turning it back on again.

After switching it off I tried to turn it on again, and now it is stuck on the loading screen which says:
'xDuoo Audio'
'Digital Audio Player'

It seems now like it is completely frozen! The buttons are not responding at all. I have tried to do a factory reset with a paper clip in the reset hole and nothing is working!!! I have tried the tip about switching it on while holding the option button. NOTHING!

I have tried connecting it to my PC using the supplied USB cable. That is also not making any difference. It's just frozen.
deadhorse.gif

Any ideas? Any hope for me?
frown.gif

Thanks in advance

I've had the first part happen, the "Panic dir cache... that's a Rockbox error, but hitting the power button again immediately rebooted Rockbox and all was well. Try booting into the original firmware by setting the lock switch, then put a pin in the reset hole and hold it there, it should at least power down if you hold it long enough. If it does power down, hit the power button with the lock switch on to boot into the original firmware.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #865 of 2,617

I've had the first part happen, the "Panic dir cache... that's a Rockbox error, but hitting the power button again immediately rebooted Rockbox and all was well. Try booting into the original firmware by setting the lock switch, then put a pin in the reset hole and hold it there, it should at least power down if you hold it long enough. If it does power down, hit the power button with the lock switch on to boot into the original firmware.

I'm afraid none of this is having any effect at all. It's completely stuck on the 'xDuoo Audio' Digital Audio Player' screen and won't budge. Every single button is inactive, they make the usual clicking sounds but nothing is happening -  even the reset hole is having zero effect.
Getting rather sad now....
triportsad.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #866 of 2,617
  I'm afraid none of this is having any effect at all. It's completely stuck on the 'xDuoo Audio' Digital Audio Player' screen and won't budge. Every single button is inactive, they make the usual clicking sounds but nothing is happening -  even the reset hole is having zero effect.
Getting rather sad now....
triportsad.gif

How long are you holding the reset?

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #867 of 2,617
  How long are you holding the reset?

Variable, usually between 10 to 30 seconds or up to a to minute,each time. Doing resets while it is disconnected from my PC - does it have to be connected via USB cable to do a successful reset?

Have also tried to do the resets with the mini SD card (in slot 1) in,  and with the mini SD card out no difference so far
redface.gif

Thinking about leaving it USB-connected to the PC and charging for a while to see what effect, if any, that might have...

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #869 of 2,617

And the screen stays on the whole time? Try connecting a power supply (usb charger) and hitting the reset repeatedly, holding and releasing for a few seconds each (3 on, 3 off, 3 on etc.)

Riolist2, I just saw your post. on my own initiative I had already done your most recent suggestion (hitting the reset repeatedly with charger connected) - hoooray!  That has eventually turned it off!!!! The screen is now blank. *so it's small progress*

Now challenge is how do I turn it back on without freezing it ?   - currently it is on a charger, but the screen is still blank, i.e. no sign of life yet!!! Problem is now I'm not sure whether lock should be on or off, while charging? or while attempting a reboot?
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #870 of 2,617
  Riolist2, I just saw your post. on my own initiative I had already done your most recent suggestion (hitting the reset repeatedly with charger connected) - hoooray!  That has eventually turned it off!!!! The screen is now blank. *so it's small progress*

Now challenge is how do I turn it back on without freezing it ?   - currently it is on a charger, but the screen is still blank, i.e. no sigh of life yet!!!

I would leave it on the charger, set the lock switch on so it boots to the original firmware, remove the sd card to eliminate a corrupt file as a variable, and hit (and hold) the power button...

Oh, one more thing, since it's on the charger but with no charging screen, I would continue hitting the reset button to see if you can get it back to a charging state before you reboot.

An alternative method of trying to get back to a charging state is to unplug and replug the charger a few time and see if the battery animation reappears. If it does I would try to power on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back