Rockbox Xduoo X3
Sep 12, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #751 of 2,617
Sep 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #754 of 2,617
  better keep compressor threshold Off (so no compressor at all, and you don't need to deal with its ratio)..

There is no "off" option that I can see.

Exactly.  4:1 means that 4dB are compressed into 1 dB.

Edit:  And yes, compressors are usually used for audio books and voice recordings, not music.

Thanks.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #756 of 2,617
  settings - sound settings - compressor - threshold - off (last option)

Thanks. My "threshold" setting was always set to "off". I presume that this means that the "ratio" settings would have no impact, correct?

I forgot that rockbox plays the new setting sound as you are changing settings. So I went through the "threshold" settings can can hear audible differences. But when threshold=off, if I then change the ratio settings, I cannot hear any differences. So what I thought were improvements using "ratio = 2:1" must have been placebo (since my threshold was set to off).

@kousik1946, what is your threshold set to?

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #757 of 2,617

Thanks. My "threshold" setting was always set to "off". I presume that this means that the "ratio" settings would have no impact, correct?

I forgot that rockbox plays the new setting sound as you are changing settings. So I went through the "threshold" settings can can hear audible differences. But when threshold=off, if I then change the ratio settings, I cannot hear any differences. So what I thought were improvements using "ratio = 2:1" must have been placebo (since my threshold was set to off).

@kousik1946, what is your threshold set to?

My threshhold is OFF. I changed the ratio because I thought the change was 4:1 surround sound to 2:1 surround sound. I was experimenting with the sound. But later from you post I came to know that it was different effect. But I definitely hear improvements although the treshhold was off. It might be placebo but IMHO I think it's better.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #758 of 2,617
I tried updating to Rockbox, I renamed the wrong file. After I renaming the correct file and upgraded, It gave error: File not found. 
Now my X3 cannot be used.
frown.gif

Anyone can help me to fix the trouble. Appreciate!!

What display on the screen is:
xDuoo X3 Rockbox Boot
Version d312ba8M-1603
Mounting disk...
Loading firmware...
Error: File not found

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #759 of 2,617

correct

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #762 of 2,617
Just want to check if the Xduuo X3 has an option for adjusting left/right balance? I have slightly weaker hearing in one ear and this would be a deal breaker for me.

Rockbox does let you adjust balance under Settings -> Sound -> Balance. It's a list of percent values, but balance adjusts live. Just have a song playing and adjust the percentage until you are happy with the sound.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #763 of 2,617
Make sure the folder named .rockbox is in the root directory of the card in Slot 1. That folder (and its contents) is the Rockbox firmware and needs to stay on the card.

Folder name? I put update.zip file into card directly. Anywat, Now I can do nothing to it. No any response no matter what I do, including stemp the reset. :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #764 of 2,617

Folder name? I put update.zip file into card directly. Anywat, Now I can do nothing to it. No any response no matter what I do, including stemp the reset. :frowning2:

Installation is a two step process. The update.zip file will install a modified version of the X3 firmware that allows it to boot into Rockbox. But you still need to copy Rockbox itself onto the SD card.

Download the second file on the list from XVortex's page, the file named rockbox-full-df6898b-160821.zip, and unzip that file into the root directory of the card in Slot 1. I recommend using a card reader for file transfers.

If you don't have a card reader, you can boot into the original X3 firmware by turning the Hold switch On (it is located on the left edge of the player), and then powering on the player. When the X3 boots into the original firmware, you can connect it to USB and unzip the file. When the file is unzipped, you will have a folder named .rockbox that contains the Rockbox operating system.

If the player is completely unresponsive and does not power up, press the reset switch, turn the Hold switch on, and then plug the player in to charge it for a few hours. It should turn on after that.

Good luck!

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #765 of 2,617
  Installation is a two step process. The update.zip file will install a modified version of the X3 firmware that allows it to boot into Rockbox. But you still need to copy Rockbox itself onto the SD card.

Download the second file on the list from XVortex's page, the file named rockbox-full-df6898b-160821.zip, and unzip that file into the root directory of the card in Slot 1. I recommend using a card reader for file transfers.

If you don't have a card reader, you can boot into the original X3 firmware by turning the Hold switch On (it is located on the left edge of the player), and then powering on the player. When the X3 boots into the original firmware, you can connect it to USB and unzip the file. When the file is unzipped, you will have a folder named .rockbox that contains the Rockbox operating system.

If the player is completely unresponsive and does not power up, press the reset switch, turn the Hold switch on, and then plug the player in to charge it for a few hours. It should turn on after that.

Good luck!

Oh, man, that works! You saved my X3!! Thank you so very much!!!
But It seems there still some problems with the Rockbox. I cannot moved the SD card with the rockbox files. After I removed it and install the other card with music, it show error with "no partition..." Do you know what's the problem?
Sincerely appreciate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back