Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #721 of 2,617
  What worked for me was

Formatting drive to fat32 4096 sectors

Unzipping rockbox full onto the sd

Then transferring the still zipped update folder onto the card

then changing that file name to "update" not update.zip

then going through the normal upgrade process on x3

Among the procedures of installation, this is what worked for me. Thank you very much.

​

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #723 of 2,617
Guys, what is the best equalizer setting and theme for RockBox?
How do I leave the yellow and blue screen (watched a picture of Bob that way)?

TB, there's no 'Best Of' shoot-out of equalizer and theme settings because all depends of:
- the type of music you are listening
- the format of digital files you are using
- the HPs/I.E.Ms/ear buds you are using
- the way and how long you've 'educated' your ears with music (live and recorded)
- (most important) one's ear anatomy and one's personal preferences

Best is if one gets accustomed with the vast array of choices offered by the Rockbox firmware through steady and patient personal testing...

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #724 of 2,617

I don't have any pc with Win7 or WinXP at home, only Win10: can I do the manually reflash with a virtual machine with Win7?

I have no idea mate, as I flash mine with win 7 laptop.

I have since given up on resolving the issue as after a few weeks of flashing, the same problem will ocure again.
I have given up and just accept the fact that I will have to charge the device in RB mode as well as use a micro sd card reader/adapter to transfer music files.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #727 of 2,617
  Hi all.
I've updated X3 rockbox version with current upstream changes.
Nothing new. Just minor bugfixes.

Thank you for all you have done to help us run ROCKbox on the xDuoo X3.

I just updated to Ver. 160821 with no problems at all.  I am not sure what the bug fixes were, but thank you for continuing to update. 

- Justin

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #728 of 2,617
>official X3 firmware

ok, worth a go.

I went to xduoo.com and in downloads there's a contender X3-V1.1 but click on it and
tries to download V2 usb drive or some such so that's worrying.

I'll have another look later when I have more time..

Steve

You're clicking the link above the firmware writing, but you need to click the link below and you can download it

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #729 of 2,617
>You're clicking the link above the firmware writing

Doh, yes thank you.
I was rushing, but in my defence the layout is a little misleading (ie: the blank lines..)
Anyhow, done.
:)

Steve

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #733 of 2,617
I found the problem. My update folder was named udate. LOL. I hate the keyboard on this new laptop. Doesn't pick up keystrokes and misses the space bar most of the time. Anyway, I got it installed. Now to play with it. Thanks for the software port!

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #734 of 2,617
Have you tried just naming the "rockbox full" file to "update" without the extension ".zip" ?
If you rename it "update.zip" , the OS also add another ".zip" becuase it recognizes it as a zip file. So you end with the systen seeing "update.zip.zip".
That is invisible to you, but that's what the system reads.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #735 of 2,617
Have you tried just naming the "rockbox full" file to "update" without the extension ".zip" ?
If you rename it "update.zip" , the OS also add another ".zip" becuase it recognizes it as a zip file. So you end with the systen seeing "update.zip.zip".
That is invisible to you, but that's what the system reads.

Yes. most of the PC problems friends ask me to help them with are in some way related to the fact that they have still got their Windows settings as default with no file type extensions being shown to the user. So, my standard response is to tell them to go into the settings and make windows show both the extensions and the "system hidden" files. That change alone usually quickly gets them on the right track.  I've found that people are actually copying LINKs instead of files, quite often, and it seems that Windows 10 always tries to make you use a link to something instead of actually downloading it or whatever.

Microsoft must think their users are too stupid to be given so much useful information.

My own preference is to also change the default ICONS display to DETAILS display, showing rows and columns that can be sorted by any column A-Z or Z-A for much better handling of file management tasks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back