Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 24, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #707 of 2,617
I got a problem whilst scrolling through folders/artists i keep getting in to the folder without pressing enter button.
it happens frequently and its kind of annoying, otherwise loving the os. Anyone else with this problem?

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #708 of 2,617
  Hi!
X3 rockboxed here: the player starts and works normally with rockbox.
But since several weeks I have problems with dual boot.
When I try to boot the stock firmware the screen remains black.
If I press the reset button with the lock button on, nothing happens.
After this attempts, also rockbox doesn't boot: I must press the reset button (with lock button off), then the RB comes back.
What can I do to solve this problem?

I'm here again because I got the same problem mentioned some days ago.

The LOCK switch seems to work...Try to power on the X3 with the LOCK ON (and OFF afterwards if nothing happens) keeping the reset button pressed for cca. 30 seconds.

Btw... have you tried removing any uSD cards and activate the LOCK switch?

I tried several times but without success.
This is what I do: with LOCK ON, if I try to power on the player, I heard a little "click", but the screen remains black.
(I heard this little click everytime I power on the X3 in rockbox mode and I know this is normal)
After this, I can do nothing more: I can not power on in rockbox mode (with the LOCK OFF) and I can not reset the player with LOCK ON.
The only thing that works is press the reset button with LOCK OFF, then the player boot normally in rockobx mode.
After many attempts, I don't know why, this afternoon the player boot in stock mode.
Then I tried to uninstall Rockbox and install Stock firmware, using the update-back-to-stock.zip and running the firmware update, as mentioned in the manual.
After a very short time, the player gave me the message "Upgrade succeed" (or something similar) then rebooted... in rockbox mode!
I thing that there is something wrong in my player but I don't know what to do...

I have the same problem. Probably some corrupted CMOS of something. 
The solution:
Manually reflash RB with win xp or win 7

I don't have any pc with Win7 or WinXP at home, only Win10: can I do the manually reflash with a virtual machine with Win7?

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #709 of 2,617
  Then in that case I don't see what involvement my machine would play. If everything is done through a card reader (which is what I've been doing), then it should be working. Again, I cannot think of why it isn't.

I ordered this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BUUCFBU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_ul7UxbJK3T9RH

...because they were out of stock and the price dropped until they restocked. B) It takes a few weeks to get to you, though. There's no reason the Prime-eligible one would be different quality, I would think.

So good news! My X3 was defective. I installed rockbox with no problem on a new one. After a week of troubleshooting, the real problem was the one I deemed least-likely. Joy to the world!

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #711 of 2,617
Waiting that someone can help me on the boot issue (I hope so!), I ask a question.
I know rockbox can not handle correctly the player in order to access the SD card when you connect it to a PC.
But how it is when you recharge the battery X3 in rockbox mode? There is some problem or not?

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #712 of 2,617
  Waiting that someone can help me on the boot issue (I hope so!), I ask a question.
I know rockbox can not handle correctly the player in order to access the SD card when you connect it to a PC.
But how it is when you recharge the battery X3 in rockbox mode? There is some problem or not?

The X3 in rockbox mode can be charged with a usb wall charger or a power bank, but I have not tried when connecting to PC.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #713 of 2,617

The X3 in rockbox mode can be charged with a usb wall charger or a power bank, but I have not tried when connecting to PC.

Thank you for your answer.
I use a wall charger.
When charge the X3 in rockbox mode, how do you know when charging is complete?
In upper right corner I see an icon that seeme now "full", but I don't know if the battery is full charged...

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #714 of 2,617

Thank you for your answer.
I use a wall charger.
When charge the X3 in rockbox mode, how do you know when charging is complete?
In upper right corner I see an icon that seeme now "full", but I don't know if the battery is full charged...

With the default "Hi-Fi" theme, the battery icon will have a zigzag pattern while charging, when fully charged the zigzag will be gone.

Or you can check via the menu System -> Rockbox Info -> if it is fully charged it will show 100%, otherwise it will show "Charging".

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #715 of 2,617

With the default "Hi-Fi" theme, the battery icon will have a zigzag pattern while charging, when fully charged the zigzag will be gone.

Or you can check via the menu System -> Rockbox Info -> if it is fully charged it will show 100%, otherwise it will show "Charging".

Many thanks for your quick answer. Yes, I've got the default "Hi-Fi" theme and the explanation is clear.
The only thing is that if I have the usb wall charger plugged in I have no access to rockbox menu, only the USB plug on screen, whatever the button I press...

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #716 of 2,617

Many thanks for your quick answer. Yes, I've got the default "Hi-Fi" theme and the explanation is clear.
The only thing is that if I have the usb wall charger plugged in I have no access to rockbox menu, only the USB plug on screen, whatever the button I press...

Go to Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Only charge on usb insert (select Yes)

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #717 of 2,617
 @carpler  I charge my X3 (rockboxed) using PC all the time, I have no issues charging it that way.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #718 of 2,617
>probably a missing glyph in the font

Apologies for the delay in replying, I've been away for a bit.

Hmm, feels more like a bug since my playlist name 64GB displays ok
for a while and then turns into 2 squaresGB, it messed up the first 3 characters
of the rockbox directory as well at one point.

Steve

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #719 of 2,617
my playlist name 64GB displays ok
for a while and then turns into 2 squaresGB, it messed up the first 3 characters
of the rockbox directory as well at one point.

Wow. Okay, that definitely should not be happening. Have you tried reverting to OFW by updating the official X3 firmware, then reinstalling the Rockbox bootloader & firmware fresh? I'd recommend doing this with a different MicroSD card just in case.

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #720 of 2,617
>official X3 firmware

ok, worth a go.

I went to xduoo.com and in downloads there's a contender X3-V1.1 but click on it and
tries to download V2 usb drive or some such so that's worrying.

I'll have another look later when I have more time..

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back