Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #721 of 1,316
  Update option on the DX90 did not exist anymore

Update option doesn't show if player software can't find update.img in the root folder of player's storage. Maybe file's name is wrong? Try to download and unpack archive file again.
Also you can try to put update.img to microSD card, start player holding Volume Up button and select "Update player from SD card" in recovery menu. Your microSD card should be FAT32 formatted.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #723 of 1,316
Thanks alot Napka. The problem is solve, I open 2 different firmware on my page and the Dx90 did not recognize "update 2.img", it must be update.img and now the update option is back there. Silly little detail that change EVERYTHING!

Now i'm planning to try rockbox if it is stable enough. I dream about someone that review the sound of every firmwares available for the DX90 as I still feel a lack of air between instruments some time and wonder if firmware really affect sound signature and if burn in will really improve THAT much the little problems in acoustic presentation I heard.

Still, This is a fascinating player, sinergy greatly depend on the gear you use, earphones with extra bass can sound fantastic and i'm not at all a basshead. Strangely, I found the Ibasso Dx90 to have a U shape sound. I do not feel the bass, I heard it...music became more cerebral than ever wich is shocking at first.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #727 of 1,316
Sorry, I need help here. My dx90, after the 2.1.8 update, dx90 is stuck on the boot screen. I connected it to my computer and nothing shows up. I think I brinked my Dx90. All my other updates were fine but this one is messed up and I cannot seem to pass the booting screen no matter what I press.
Please help.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #730 of 1,316
I had 2.1.5 fw update on my dx90 and i am using a MAC to do the update to 2.1.8 fw by cholero.  it was working perfectly until I tried to update to 2.1.8.  what I did was:

I dropped the .rockbox folder and update.mg with bias patches in the root of my dx90, ejected it from my mac.  And now it is stuck on the boot page:  ibasso dx90 audio player!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to reboot system now and wipe data/factory reset, and tried to update from SD card.  NOTHING works!  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #731 of 1,316
  I had 2.1.5 fw update on my dx90 and i am using a MAC to do the update to 2.1.8 fw by cholero.  it was working perfectly until I tried to update to 2.1.8.  what I did was:

I dropped the .rockbox folder and update.mg with bias patches in the root of my dx90, ejected it from my mac.  And now it is stuck on the boot page:  ibasso dx90 audio player!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to reboot system now and wipe data/factory reset, and tried to update from SD card.  NOTHING works!  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

I read somewhere that when you have a problem with the Dx90 you can try to pull out and back the battery....did you try it?
Good luck!

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #734 of 1,316
the battery pull did not work.  thank you.  

I will try the rock chip tool but my MAC does not recignize my dx90 anymore.  I could only do the microsd card now.  

by using a MAC, do i have to unzip or do anything to the dmg file after download.  I am doubting myself lots!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back