Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Apr 2, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #752 of 1,316
I'm sick right now, so I probably wasn't remembering correctly.

Lol! You have been playing with your dx90 too much! Hope you feel better. Thanks for letting us know about the .rockbox folder, hidden folder as some of us, Mac users, don't know. Thanks!!!after my incident, I am sticking with the one that works for me! No more playing around! Lol!! Thank you again for the reminder.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #753 of 1,316
cholero: I think you created the excellent "arc de ciel" theme. I'm listening at levels that sometimes dip below -99dB. The vine indicator in the bottom right corner only displays 2 digits. Any way to fix this? I'm also curious if you might make a modified version with battery indicator displayed permanently on the WPS.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #754 of 1,316
It looks like after so many test builds and tweaks we did with rockbox source, simply disabling second CPU core (with clean source without any buffers or priority tweaks) solved all problems with sound.
Thanks @headwhacker @cholero and everyone involved in development and testing.

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #756 of 1,316
I don't know why it took me so long to try out RB for the DX90.

Initially, I would always just upgrade to the latest lurker FW and I was on 2.1.8 until now which actually introduced some problems playing some mp3 files of mine (random mini-reboot). I don't really hear these night and day differences with any of the new FW that people are claiming.

The main reason I tried RB was to fix gapless. It's 2015, and it's kinda lame that the Mango FW can't do gapless perfectly, even with flac files there is a little glitch between tracks. mp3 have an even bigger gap.  Don't understand the people saying gapless works fine in mango.
RB gapless works flawlessly, even with mp3 which is very satisfying. There are some albums/folders of mine that have files (flac as well) that don't play gapless perfectly (tiny glitch) and I assume this might have more to do with the rip technique used?

Not all of the album art appears. I think I noticed a pattern that only ones embedded into the files work? Most of my cover art are just jpg added to the folder.

I am using 2.1.5 L1/RB from the front page, and installed it easily with no problems (rewind button works perfectly etc.) just there is a learning curve as it is a bit more complex. I installed a theme pack and currently I found that from all themes "cabbiebasso" is to my liking.

Thanks a lot to all the contributors :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #758 of 1,316
Not all of the album art appears. I think I noticed a pattern that only ones embedded into the files work? Most of my cover art are just jpg added to the folder.

I embed covers and put cover.jpg to album folder. It brings me covers in all hardware and software players I use.

Here's comment from related rockbox source code:
Look for the first matching album art bitmap in the following list:
  ./<trackname><size>.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
  ./<albumname><size>.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
  ./cover<size>.bmp
  ../<albumname><size>.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
  ../cover<size>.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
  ROCKBOX_DIR/albumart/<artist>-<albumname><size>.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
 <size> is the value of the size_string parameter, <trackname> and
 <albumname> are read from the ID3 metadata.
 If a matching bitmap is found, its filename is stored in buf.
 Return value is true if a bitmap was found, false otherwise.

If the first symbol in size_string is a colon (e.g. ":100x100")
 then the colon is skipped ("100x100" will be used) and the track
 specific image (./<trackname><size>.bmp) is tried last instead of first.

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #760 of 1,316

Where did you find this theme?? 

I downloaded and installed the Themes collection compiled by Deho on the first page of this thread. What themes are all of you guys using?

I embed covers and put cover.jpg to album folder. It brings me covers in all hardware and software players I use.

Here's comment from related rockbox source code:

Just thinking how long it will take to embed everything... -_-

btw, do you know why some files have a tiny glitch with gapless?

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #761 of 1,316
  Just thinking how long it will take to embed everything... -_-

btw, do you know why some files have a tiny glitch with gapless?

Then just rename your covers to cover.jpg.

I don't use gapless at the moment. I'll give it a try and tell you. What do you mean by tiny glitch?

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #762 of 1,316
I mean there is an audible little click sound in between tracks.

Edit : playing the tracks through foobar on my PC, I can still hear the click between tracks. The flaw lies with how the files were produced, not with Rockbox :)

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #763 of 1,316
What file type aand encoder are you using uli87?

As far as themes go I like the Ash theme for aesthetics, but I have to use hardware controls to scroll through lists and for selections. The Basta theme is also nice but has similar issues. For a better touchscreen experience, arc de ciel and naranja are nice.

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #764 of 1,316
These files were downloaded. I found a different download of the same files from a different uploader that play perfectly. Rockbox does gapless as long as the files don't have cut offs for any reason.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #765 of 1,316
If they a
  These files were downloaded. I found a different download of the same files from a different uploader that play perfectly. Rockbox does gapless as long as the files don't have cut offs for any reason.

If they are FLAC or any other lossless format, you could re-compress them with foobar or the like and then re-tag them with mp3tag or the like, may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back