Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #706 of 1,316
FYI: The screen fade in / fade out settings affect music playback. When turned off, pushing the power button to turn the screen on or off sometimes causes a brief pause in music playback. When turned on I haven't experienced this problem, but the fade is very slow.

EDIT: Nevermind, music just paused briefly when pressing power button to activate screen with fade in turned on. Bummer. This is annoying! Anyone else experiencing this?

Seems like it happens when the backlight has been turned off for at least 20-30 seconds. Less than that, and I haven't had a brief pause in the music.

This is a common problem for now.

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #711 of 1,316
Just suppose rockbox won't work anymore on my dx90... how do I delete it, just to have the IBASSO FW only (I mean REALLY delete everything that could remind me rockbox ??? Thanks a lot. Which Rockbock version could I maybe install instead and how ???

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #712 of 1,316
Just flash stock firmware from recovery or from mango. Then erase all folders that have rockbox in the name from the root of your internal drive.
This is how to delete everything reminding you of rockbox.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #714 of 1,316
I compsed a new firmware that is compatible to headwhacckers sources if you mean this. I could not test it and didnt get any feedback so i dont know if it is working. You will find it 1-3 pages back.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #715 of 1,316
"Build from rockbox git: FW2.1.8 modded by Lurker (L1) and official rockbox dualboot -> together with (...) a build i did including some ibasso optimization patches from gerrit" works finally fine. Thanks.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #717 of 1,316
Hi everyone, Mister Confusion is here...and he need some help or advice.
It make a week that I receive my DX90 and after I installed the Lurker 2.1.8 L1 update, I was curious about the 2.0 Ibasso firmware sound and try to install it but it didn't work...after this I decide to try the Lurker 2.1.5 L2 version and found that the Update option on the DX90 did not exist anymore. Their just the factory reset option and after I done it, nothing have changed, same 2.1.8 L1 firmware was there. Did this occur to anybody out there? I'm kind of freaking out because the Update option is very important. If anybody have an answer to how to have back the update option please tell me.
Thanks in advance!
-Erik

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #718 of 1,316
Follow the instructions step-by-step here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-1-8

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #719 of 1,316
Thanks...but Confusion still is...it's a very long thread and my eyes can't fall on the exact problem I have.
What instructions did you talk bout exactly?
Did the "batch tool" could work for this?
I never install rockbox, but I hope to.
I'll really appreciate a clearer answer if possible.

I was curious to know more about the 400 hours burn in that Ibasso suggest, from what I read opinions diverge on the subject, any toughs on this could be interesting...
For my part, I clearly heard difference after every 10 hours of playing or so, the soundstage open up more and more, texture became richer and the sound became more elegant and less congested. First time I listen to the Ibasso Dx90 I wasn't blown away, feel like a enormous potential with a dry filter in front of it. My first tough was: perfection can sound boring. But after 7 days of humble intensive listening, I can say that this music player grow with you and the maturity of his sound have a lot to teach about the way we perceive audio frequencies. After owning Ihifi 812 V2, Colorfly C3, Hifiman 601 and Fiio X3, I think I found a portable audio source that I can trust...
...if the freaking update option can appear back on my Dx90.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #720 of 1,316
First paragraph: "To upgrade to the FW, you download from the link, plug the DX90 via the USB to your computer. when the DX90 shows up, place the opened file with the .img and place this on the internal memory of the DX90. If there is a previous .img, put that in the trash of your computer and empty the trash. I would do this first before loading the new FW. After you update to the latest FW, I always do a factory reset. And there you are. Very simple and straightforward."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back