Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 4, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #1,276 of 1,316
  Thank you very much @napka I thought that might be the answer but wanted to be sure.  I hope it didn't sound like I was rushing you to put @cholero version 2.5.1 +L3 on your site!  I was just curious and am very grateful for you putting it there now thanks.  So, please can anyone confirm is version 2.5.1 + L3 now the recommended FW version to use, or would 2.4.0 + L0 be OK too?

Latest FW version I used was 2.3.0+L1. People reported playback gaps later, I'm not sure if it is related to FW version.
Anyways, you can return to earlier version any time.

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,279 of 1,316
  i downloaded this and now rockbox will not boot up anymore says its missing yet its there in the apps folder

This is because this is the regular lurker firmware. If you want rockbox working you need to get the modified version containing the rockbox dualboot app linked some post earlier:

FW2.5.1_L3@mega

... and no need to touch the ".rockbox" folder. As soon as you have the correct Firmware installed it works again.

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,280 of 1,316

This is because this is the regular lurker firmware. If you want rockbox working you need to get the modified version containing the rockbox dualboot app linked some post earlier:

FW2.5.1_L3@mega

... and no need to touch the ".rockbox" folder. As soon as you have the correct Firmware installed it works again.

that's the one i tried but it still didn't work??? puzzled

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,281 of 1,316
.... then i was wrong, sorry.
You dont have an old update.img in the internal storage or on the sd card?
And is your lock switch still working (to go to the boot selector)? You can test it with mango..

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,283 of 1,316
That means that the firmware is correct.
There must be something missing in the .rockbox folder. Just overwrite it one more time. Settings wont be lost if they are still there.
And: only napkas or the builds from the rockbox website work with it, not headwhacker rockbox builds.

Sep 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,286 of 1,316
This is my 2nd time owning a DX90. My wife surprised me with a new one for my birthday a few weeks ago. I had an issue the first time with the Batch Tool and it bricked my unit, so after Ibasso repaired it I sold it. No problems this time changing firmwares. And while I love Rockbox for 16/44.1 FLAC files, Lurker's 2.1.5 L4 is by far the best Mango firmware I've heard. If there's any way you could base a FW on this, it would be so appreciated. The 2.1.5 L2 based one is nice, but it's lacking dynamics and overly soft, IMO.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #1,288 of 1,316
Sorries to everyone who messaged me about Rockbox@DX90 but got no answer. Sometimes I really have no time to answer. Actually it's better to ask questions in this thread.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,290 of 1,316
  Sorries to everyone who messaged me about Rockbox@DX90 but got no answer. Sometimes I really have no time to answer. Actually it's better to ask questions in this thread.

This is my 2nd time owning a DX90. My wife surprised me with a new one for my birthday a few weeks ago. I had an issue the first time with the Batch Tool and it bricked my unit, so after Ibasso repaired it I sold it. No problems this time changing firmwares. And while I love Rockbox for 16/44.1 FLAC files, Lurker's 2.1.5 L4 is by far the best Mango firmware I've heard. If there's any way you could base a FW on this, it would be so appreciated. The 2.1.5 L2 based one is nice, but it's lacking dynamics and overly soft, IMO.

which FW version do you think is better

2.1.5L5 or 2.5.1L2 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back