1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by headwhacker, Jul 21, 2014.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. deho
    Weird. Never had any problems with the database in Rockbox. Seems like it gets stuck somewhere. Did you select the right directories (mnt/sdcard, mnt/external_sd, mnt/usb_storage) in the database settings? If so, I'd suggest removing everything but sound and artwork files and try to scan again.

2. brinker7
    Tried selecting it through the settings, and have it initializing again - will leave it for a bit, restart and see if it's done the trick.

EDIT: Worked a charm after correcting the settings. Thanks! :)

3. deho
    Great! You're welcome. :)

4. highfell

Great work - and thanks for the themes - ipod widgets is a fun one

5. Wyd4
    Does one need to do a factory reset every time (eg. From 0_0_8 to 0_1_0?

Only ask as if I dont have to spend 15 minutes re-adding my library to mango then thats awesome, but if it is required so be it :) 
    Worth it regardless :)

Scott

6. headwhacker

In most cases no. But if you notice anything weird after flashing firmware regardless of the direction (whether it's an upgrade or downgrade) then a factory reset is needed.

In my case, I always do it every time I flash a firmware even if it's the same version. The reason is the /cache and /data partition may contain a file which turns into a bad state during the process.

I don't want to spend time troubleshooting, only to find out it's due to a dirty cache. The chances of this happen is high if you are working on modifying firmwares and frequently flashing firmwares like I do. :)

7. Wyd4

Haha no worries!!

I can see this is going to turn into something like my Android flashaholic days haha.

Great work on these releases btw.

I have a theme in mind that I would like to make, but I am struggling to find info on how to make one from scratch.

really liking Rockbox mroe and more the more time I spend with it.

8. deho
    Thanks again for your effort! I myself prefer to install themes manually, because once I copy my rockbox folder to the DX90 all your themes are gone.
    So maybe the best solution is to offer an additional zip file with some themes. Everyone can easily drag and drop them to the rockbox folder of their DX90 in USB Storage Mode.

Btw, I modified the CenterArt and iPodWidgets Themes a bit for the DX50/90 (mainly removed clock and date). If someone is interested, you can download them here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yj3ktf

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gkk4bi

9. Wyd4
    I am hoping to make a rockbox theme from scratch.
    Does anyone know of any literature they could point me towards to get me started?
    I had a bit if a look around while at work but there was only so much time I could invest

10. headwhacker

Check this post from the DX50 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx50-cwm-recovery-latest-update-2014-06-30/1020#post_10740459

11. deho
    He says exactly what I'm saying. The pre-installed themes disappear once you put something in the rockbox folder of the DX90.
    Anyways it's all up to you, it's your baby. I'm only making suggestions... :)

12. cholero

That is why i'm preaching all the time to not include themes in system partition. People should put all their themes to internal drive (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox).
    BTW. All included themes (except modded ones) are available on the official rockbox page.

13. hyper8
    Yep, same thing happens with me.

14. highfell

When you put any new theme into the Rockbox folder the original ones, like "Cabbie 2" or "fail safe" disappear. I thought I was doing something wrong, but judging from the comments of others, obviously not.

15. deho
    My idea was to make an additional zip file with modded and new themes available. Just DX50/90 themes.

@headwhacker: I used your latest Rockbox firmware for 2 hours today and didn't hear any crackling sounds. I didn't skip tracks a lot though. 

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last