Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #151 of 1,316
  Hi, I just uploaded another build. Can anyone help test it the crackling issue is reduced or not on this build. Thanks

Rockbox_DX90_0_0_6_beta.zip

Crackling issue is gone, thank you.

Sorry, it's still there
confused_face.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #152 of 1,316
  Hi, I just uploaded another build. Can anyone help test it the crackling issue is reduced or not on this build. Thanks

Rockbox_DX90_0_0_6_beta.zip

Ive been listening to this version for a couple of hours,can still hear some crackle,however it does seem to be a lot less frequent in showing up but when it does,its not as loud and doesn't seem to last as long as previous rockbox version.. It may prove difficult to completely eliminate the noise,personally I can live with with it,so thanks to you guys for all your work..

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #153 of 1,316
  with 006 beta build it looks the cracking noise is gone

Will be installing 0.0.6b to test whether the crackling noise have been resolved. Liking your great work until now! :)

Crackling issue is gone, thank you.

Sorry, it's still there
confused_face.gif

How does it compare from the previous build?

Ive been listening to this version for a couple of hours,can still hear some crackle,however it does seem to be a lot less frequent in showing up but when it does,its not as loud and doesn't seem to last as long as previous rockbox version.. It may prove difficult to completely eliminate the noise,personally I can live with with it,so thanks to you guys for all your work..

Thank you all for testing. I think I found the source of the issue. It looks like the buffer size. I am playing with different buffer size and I think I hit the right balance. The CPU performance boost also helps.

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #155 of 1,316

How does it compare from the previous build?

Thank you all for testing. I think I found the source of the issue. It looks like the buffer size. I am playing with different buffer size and I think I hit the right balance. The CPU performance boost also helps.

Still having slight crackling issue - but not much compared to 0.0.3. Only once through a couple hours of listening, where I got more around 2-3 times per half hour on 0.0.3.
Yes, buffer size might actually be root of the issue, seems plausible. Can't give feedback compared to 0.0.5 as I wasn't around that build.

Also - random thought. Reckon that the CPU temperature will be affected by the performance boost, might not prove to be a current issue, but over time it might decrease lifetime?

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #156 of 1,316

Still having slight crackling issue - but not much compared to 0.0.3. Only once through a couple hours of listening, where I got more around 2-3 times per half hour on 0.0.3.
Yes, buffer size might actually be root of the issue, seems plausible. Can't give feedback compared to 0.0.5 as I wasn't around that build.

Got it every 2-3 tracks.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #157 of 1,316

Also - random thought. Reckon that the CPU temperature will be affected by the performance boost, might not prove to be a current issue, but over time it might decrease lifetime?

It's not the same as over clocking. It's still within specs as iBasso designed it. It's just fixed to run at it's max Freq I did not see any of the 2 cpus to throttle down after 2 hours of continuous playback and the player is no warmer than the stock. So it's an indication that the thermal dissipation is adequate and should not have impact on it's longevity. It's just iBasso didn't optimized Linux running on DX90

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #158 of 1,316
Is there anyway to revert back to the Mango firmware without the dual boot option? I'm not really as big of a fan of Rockbox as I was on the iPod Classic. Navigating Rockbox on the DX90 seems rather cumbersome to me and I would rather prefer to use Mango's intuitive UI. Sorry, I guess Rockbox isn't for me. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #160 of 1,316
  Is there anyway to revert back to the Mango firmware without the dual boot option? I'm not really as big of a fan of Rockbox as I was on the iPod Classic. Navigating Rockbox on the DX90 seems rather cumbersome to me and I would rather prefer to use Mango's intuitive UI. Sorry, I guess Rockbox isn't for me. 

My friend felt the same way, after he tried it. Just download the stock firmware from iBasso and install :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back