RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jun 22, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #2,821 of 6,005
Jun 22, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,822 of 6,005
i deinstalled it and it still dont work yesterday it worked perfect
after installing the driver my adi 2 doesnt change sample rate anymore what should i do ?

I use Foobar 2000 as a player in Windows and noticed something similar when I selected the output driver as "ASIO MADIface USB." It only allows 44100 Hz on playback even if you try to select a different sample rate with the RME MADIface settings app.
When I choose another playback driver/device option such as WASAPI it does allow different sample rates for playback.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,823 of 6,005
Before i installed the driver everything worked fine tidal youtube spotify
I use Foobar 2000 as a player in Windows and noticed something similar when I selected the output driver as "ASIO MADIface USB." It only allows 44100 Hz on playback even if you try to select a different sample rate with the RME MADIface settings app.
When I choose another playback driver/device option such as WASAPI it does allow different sample rates for playback.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #2,824 of 6,005
I now have the ADI running with the iFi iCan Pro. All I can say is, simply perfect! The fact that the DAC is neutral and does not artificially bring in heat or anything else fits perfectly. I can do this via iCan in tube mode if desired.

Very cool, thanks and enjoy!

For me here TOTL achieved! :thumbsup::beerchug:

:beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #2,825 of 6,005
Have you tried this DAC with a warm external amp like the Violectric V280 or other comparable amps? If so, what are your thoughts

The V280 is not warm. It's just not cold. I run mine off a Brooklyn DAC+ and have not tried it with my RME but from what I have heard so far it would be a very good match for the RME. It is a killer amp and is a good match for almost anything.

Strictly speaking the RME is not analytical as far as DACs go. It doesn't miss anything but the delivery is amazingly musical with the slightest ethereal trace of warmth. It's too smooth and too graceful to be called analytical. YMMV.

after installing the driver my adi 2 doesnt change sample rate anymore what should i do ?

This is a known "feature" of the ASIO drivers for RME. You can live with it or use coax or optical.

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #2,826 of 6,005
The V280 is not warm. It's just not cold. I run mine off a Brooklyn DAC+ and have not tried it with my RME but from what I have heard so far it would be a very good match for the RME. It is a killer amp and is a good match for almost anything.

Strictly speaking the RME is not analytical as far as DACs go. It doesn't miss anything but the delivery is amazingly musical with the slightest ethereal trace of warmth. It's too smooth and too graceful to be called analytical. YMMV.

This is a known "feature" of the ASIO drivers for RME. You can live with it or use coax or optical.
My k5pro does change bitrate automatically with asio drivers

Even uninstalling doesn't help. I have to clean install my windows now and never touch that driver again or look for another device. I can hear artifacts and somtimes stutter since that driver was installed

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #2,827 of 6,005
My k5pro does change bitrate automatically with asio drivers

Even uninstalling doesn't help. I have to clean install my windows now and never touch that driver again or look for another device. I can hear artifacts and somtimes stutter since that driver was installed

It has nothing to do with ASIO, it has to do with RME's implementation of ASIO. As I said, this is a known problem. Talking about it here won't help. Go and join the guys including me who complained about it on the RME forums. It also won't help :wink:

As far as artifacts or any other negative of the ASIO drivers, I have not seen or heard any and I have not read any reports of them.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #2,828 of 6,005
It has nothing to do with ASIO, it has to do with RME's implementation of ASIO. As I said, this is a known problem. Talking about it here won't help. Go and join the guys including me who complained about it on the RME forums. It also won't help :wink:

As far as artifacts or any other negative of the ASIO drivers, I have not seen or heard any and I have not read any reports of them.
I told my problems in the forum and got bashed by the representative................

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #2,829 of 6,005
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #2,830 of 6,005
Jun 23, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,831 of 6,005
I told my problems in the forum and got bashed by the representative................
Shush, you will just upset the die hard fanboys on HF. :ksc75smile:

Which forum is that, is it on HF?

Anyway, I see no reason why you and others don't mention issues that you have on here, I am sure that many people who have it or are considering it would like to know.....................

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #2,832 of 6,005
Shush, you will just upset the die hard fanboys on HF. :ksc75smile:

Which forum is that, is it on HF?

Anyway, I see no reason why you and others don't mention issues that you have on here, I am sure that many people who have it or are considering it would like to know.....................
It was in the rme forum. He dont even tried to help.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #2,833 of 6,005
Let me say that for people who want to buy it. After installing the drivers this device is not able to change sample rate.

Uninstalling doesn't help you will be stuck

You will google the problem and see this rme guy saying. Its windows fault its tidals fault they don't support asio

But wait my fiio k5 pro works also on asio and changes the bitrate on windows and tidal

But this device still sounds good

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #2,834 of 6,005
When I uninstalled the RME ASIO drivers the rate switching started to work again. I want the ASIO drivers so I use them and I only play foobar2000 on my RME, or youtube from Linux over optical and the sample rate display is correct. For Tidal where the rate can change the RME ASIO drivers stop the rate change from displaying correctly.

For Tidal I use a Brooklyn DAC+ with MQA. It shows correct sample rate and bit depth for everything including MQA...

If one device could do it all our hobby would be boring and we would have a lot more money :D

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #2,835 of 6,005
When I uninstalled the RME ASIO drivers the rate switching started to work again. I want the ASIO drivers so I use them and I only play foobar2000 on my RME, or youtube from Linux over optical and the sample rate display is correct. For Tidal where the rate can change the RME ASIO drivers stop the rate change from displaying correctly.

For Tidal I use a Brooklyn DAC+ with MQA. It shows correct sample rate and bit depth for everything including MQA...

If one device could do it all our hobby would be boring and we would have a lot more money :D
For me it didn't work uninstalling i will clean install my whole windows new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back