RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Feb 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #1,966 of 6,027
I have both and I think the Corda Jazz drives Sennheisers a lot better than the RME DAC. But the Corda Jazz is not a DAC, which you already know.

Feb 9, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #1,968 of 6,027
I have both and I think the Corda Jazz drives Sennheisers a lot better than the RME DAC. But the Corda Jazz is not a DAC, which you already know.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nd-measurements-of-meier-corda-jazz-amp.7197/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...eview-and-measurements-of-rme-adi-2-dac.2582/

See how little measurements matter, I hate that website by the way. Happy listening :)

edit: The measurements can matter if you want to color the sound, I should have put this in my original post. Synergy is a real thing, matching source to phones is a fun hobby. Everyone has different hearing, good luck in your journey!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #1,969 of 6,027
Thanks for the information. It's not easy to find a good dac / preamp / headphone Amp in one box unfortunately.

The RME drives a lot of headphones perfectly well. It sounds great with my Fostex and Audezes and HD 25s. It has very little headroom and sounds less lively than it should with my HD 600 and 800.

Feb 9, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1,971 of 6,027
Thanks. I think I should try to have a test. I tend to listen at a low level so perhaps it would be sufficient.

It's not about the volume. I myself am no headbanger :D

When good Sennheisers sound flat and lifeless I know it's because they're not getting enough power. I've seen (heard) this enough to know what it is.

This does not mean you won't be satisfied. But I think it does mean your 600s would sound even better if you run your RME into your Corda Jazz.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #1,975 of 6,027
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #1,976 of 6,027
Do audeze or hifiman headphones work good with the rme amp?

Whats a good amp to compliment the rme adi 2.
Something around 1k$ used is fine, something that is friendly with lots of headphones

LCD-2, LCD-3 work great out of the RME.

With a battery.

Sometimes the simple answer is the correct one :p

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,977 of 6,027
BTW you should probably open a separate question in the Advice forum about the amp question. I think you can't go wrong pairing the RME with any good solid state or tube hybrid amp because the RME is very musical. I would not recommend running it into an OTL amp because that might be too warm.

You can find an amp many people say is great for everything. But other people prefer different kinds of amps for different headphones, different sources, different music. There is no end to it... and I'm pretty sure you will get a number of answers approximately equal to 2n+3 where n is the number of respondents... alternatively cruise the Headphone Amps (full size) forum

I like solid state or tube hybrid amps with Audezes, I like OTL amps with Sennheisers although the V280 might be oNe aMp 2 rUlE tHem AlL

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #1,978 of 6,027
Received!

20200210_151155.jpg

Absolutely floored with the sound quality. True silence in the iem out! Wow! Detail retrieval is outstanding for a dac chip this old! It clearly is all about implementation and post DAC circuity. Absolutely silent with the U18t iems!

Out of the box, no burn it sounds great, I love the screen and the eq possibilities (I don't know what I'm doing yet) but everything about it is absolutely awesome. Reading the book. But I sure wish I knew what I was doing with the EQ, I just want more Midbass slam and impact but to decrease subbass overall.

I'm stunned. Stage is deep and decent but not all that wide, it's in intimate listen, just like I like it.
Coming from WM1Z, Wm1a, this adi2 dac is way way way better. At least with the u18t. But then again maybe that's not a fair comparison as those players are portable

How do I go about doing the eq I want. How do I learn on it the proper way

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,979 of 6,027
Not fatiguing sound! I can keep turning it louder and louder (gotta be careful there lol) clean but fun sound, by reading this thread I expected this to be dry and thin, not to me, not with the u18t. Gobs of detail, good imaging, but fun above all! Absolutely silent and I am sensitive to sibilance and hiss, no matter how little. I'm absolutely happy

PS. Cheap power cable... I mean cheap! Should I replace it with something a little more decent?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #1,980 of 6,027
PS. Cheap power cable... I mean cheap! Should I replace it with something a little more decent?
No. Absolutely not. You will get no benefit. Most of the power supply is inside the ADI2-DAC.

ps. The answer to the battery question is at the bottom of page 10 in the new manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back