RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,952 of 6,034
Orederd a Adi 2 dac. 1st gen, got a stellar price! I wish for the 2nd gen but I asked tech support at RME and they said there is no sound difference at all, not auditable!
But they do get a cooler remote.
Does the newer (hen 2)remote work on our 1st gen Adi dac?

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #1,953 of 6,034
Orederd a Adi 2 dac. 1st gen, got a stellar price! I wish for the 2nd gen but I asked tech support at RME and they said there is no sound difference at all, not auditable!
But they do get a cooler remote.
Does the newer (hen 2)remote work on our 1st gen Adi dac?

Yes. They're sold separately for around 50 GBP, Euro, dollars depending where you live/buy

Congrats on the DAC. Superb unit.

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,955 of 6,034
Anyone know of a cheaper network player, just want bit perfect dlna or at least bluetooth, just have 1 device (it will be the Adi dac) to feed it music is all don't need anything fancy just something competent, don't need any features other than dlna and Bluetooth. But I do want it to do those things well

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #1,957 of 6,034
Additionally, should one invest in a ifi DC Purifier for power noise issues? I just want the best from the Adi dac
Not for the ADI-2 DAC, no.

Feb 7, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #1,958 of 6,034
I'm new to eq and learning but still having difficulty, I want to increase the Midbass impact, just the mid bass hit, but not overall base. How do I do this well? Getting this adi-2 dac Monday! I'm excited.

I'm expecting to be floored coming from an sony wm1a, hiby r6 pro

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #1,959 of 6,034
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,961 of 6,034
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,963 of 6,034
I got this usb C to USB B cable to connect my Note10 to the RME adi-2 dac.

https://www.audioquest.com/cables/digital-cables/usb-a-to-b/forest

Is this ok as far as its capabilities to at least stream if not transport high rate tracks?
Mostly will use Tidal ect and occasionally will use computer for higher rez files.

Thanks to whoever helps
I posted exactly what you need several posts ago. The OTG cable I suggested connects to your phone which allows you to connect the USB cable from the RME to that.

It might be worth doing some of your own research before investing in such expensive equipment.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,964 of 6,034
I posted exactly what you need several posts ago. The OTG cable I suggested connects to your phone which allows you to connect the USB cable from the RME to that.

It might be worth doing some of your own research before investing in such expensive equipment.
Money isn't really a problem here, of course I got my limits. This is just testing the waters of a desktop amp, it's my first, before I eventually get something more higher end.

I appreciate your link it was helpful in finding out how the cable should look, I didn't want to give it a cheap cable and compromise sound quality, (not that this audioquest cable is anything crazy either)

Sorry to annoy. Some of the terminologies they use in audio is new to me

The dac is coming in Monday but I've downloaded the manual and having a blast learning and reading! I am excited and hope that this thing sounds great with my iems

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,965 of 6,034
Hi,
Sorry if it was already discussed (I did some search but haven't found anything) but has somebody compared the RME ADI-2 with a Meier Corda Jazz?
I use a HD600 and would like to simplify my Audio equipment.
I have already sold some speakers, amps, preamp and now I would like to sell the Corda, and buy a RME with active speakers and keep the HD600.
Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back