RIP to member Spook76 - Steve Reinhardt
Oct 22, 2017 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

csglinux

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm so sad to have to report that we've lost one of our most enthusiastic long-time contributors to this thread. Steve Reinhardt - whom most of you will know from a variant of the nickname his father gave him when he was younger (@spook76) has passed away :frowning2:

Steve was a good friend of mine and will be missed in amounts not easy for me to put into words. He was a passionate fan of the best genre of music - prog rock. He loved Big Big Train, Steven Wilson, Cosmograf and, his favorite - Hackett-era Genesis. He had (strong!) opinions on almost everything and could talk the hind legs off a donkey. But he was also incredibly generous, knowledgeable and patiently willing to offer advice on everything from music (thanks for introducing me to Echolyn Steve!), politics and legal issues (his expertise), audio formats and, of course, audio equipment. When anybody jumped on this forum to claim some new headphone was superior to the KSE1500, he'd always tell me "I know how good the KSE1500 is. I don't care what anybody else says." :)

Echolyn once wrote a song about lying down and becoming a garden. I think Steve would approve of something similar... Steve's wife is planning on placing a bench in a New York park. If any of you knew Spook and would like to contribute to this memorial, please check out the following:

https://www.gofundme.com/in-memories-of-steve-reinhardt

I know he'd love us to go sit on his bench and play some Echolyn on our KSE1500s.

R.I.P. buddy.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 15
R.I.P. our dear hobby partner

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 15
Nov 7, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #10 of 15
I have to say I'm shocked to read this myself. He is well known in this community. He'll be truly missed. RIP Steve.

Edit: Thx CSGLinux for sharing this info with this community.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Great to see you up and running.
Thanks - should be off to the states from Germany tomorrow, and will begin a long process back to hopefully being in a better place. ✊

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #12 of 15
I just got word about this from Anakchan. Sad to hear that he has passed away. I hope wherever he is, it is in a good place.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #13 of 15
Rest in peace Steve. He helped guide me and many others on Head-fi in their pursuit of audio nirvana. He will be missed here.

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 15
i f-ing can't believe this Steven was my best friend from head-fi. i was just told and i usually skyped with him for hours at a time over the years. he was always there for me as i was for him could not ask for a better brother. i was wondering why he hadn't called lately but i knew he was having other issues. absolutely floored. REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Thanks to all of you for your kind comments about Steve. I wanted to share a small video from one of his favorite bands. It's a Christmas single from Big Big Train (available in standard and hi-res formats via Bandcamp - and a portion of the sale price goes to charity). For sure, if he'd still been with us, Steve would have purchased this and called me up the instant it was released to tell me all about it :)

Happy holidays everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back