RIP my 202's (advice please)
Sep 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kierz

New Head-Fier
Hello head fi'ers

My first post of what I hope shall be many.

The main reason for this post is that my faithful HD202's have finally been defeated (i blame the cleaners at work)
As such I need a decent cheap replacement that will do the same job as these do (Decent bass for some hip-hop from the 80s as well as blocking out my co-workers)
I have been searching across London for the best headphones i can try on in store but unless you want a pair of beats I have had no luck.

I was recommended the HD428 but after testing felt that the bass was under whelming (although there was no clue to the source)
the  RP-HTF600E are £29 on amazon 
creative Aurvana are £51
Harx 700 are also £29

Would like to keep it sub £50 so any ideas would be helpful 
PS music will be provided by my Sony NWZ A728 and my galazy S2 (when i forget to charge the sony)

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 2
I can tell you out of the cans you mentioned in the thread. The Panasonic HTF600s are the best ones you mentioned. They are astounding set of headphones and if you can track them down a very good deal.. Try them and see how you like them. They don't sound like what you pay for them. Once you get those, If you want to upgrade the sound and comfort you can get Beyer Velour pads that will enhance the sounds and up the comfort level. The stock sound and comfort is not an issue however.

You are gonna love the bass on these too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back