Ringtones... What is this insanity all about??
Jun 2, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #61 of 94
I think my ringtone is cool, I set my phone to max volume. So if I get a call, it just goes HAMMERTIME! then the song goes.

MC Hammer - Cant Touch This Ringtone = Cool
cool.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 10:09 AM Post #62 of 94
hahah come on man... I got the ateam theme mp3 as my ring tone, dont act like u wouldnt crack up if you heard that in the middle of no where not expecting that...

Jun 2, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #64 of 94
Uhhhh, I hate ringtones with such a passion... I don't own a cellphone, but if I did, I would never use a lame premade ringtone much less pay for one. I'd settle for a standard ring, like phones should. In public places, vibration is the only option. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to the annoyances of ringing cellphones.

On top of that, if I get a cellphone, MP3 and camera functions will be tossed aside- I need function, not fluff(an emergency GPS beacon ripcord would be nice though). The only thing I'd ever consider getting for a cellphone is an Ety-Com headset so I can go hands free in stealth mode, 'cause I'm sneaky like that.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 2, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #65 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Uhhhh, I hate ringtones with such a passion... I don't own a cellphone, but if I did, I would never use a lame premade ringtone much less pay for one. I'd settle for a standard ring, like phones should. In public places, vibration is the only option. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to the annoyances of ringing cellphones.

On top of that, if I get a cellphone, MP3 and camera functions will be tossed aside- I need function, not fluff(an emergency GPS beacon ripcord would be nice though). The only thing I'd ever consider getting for a cellphone is an Ety-Com headset so I can go hands free in stealth mode, 'cause I'm sneaky like that.

biggrin.gif
Abe

I feel the same way about ringtones. It's incredibly hard to find a good selection of "standard" ringers too. I even used Audacity to record the CTU ringer off of a clip of "24".
biggrin.gif

When I specifically asked for a phone with no camera, the sales rep was actually shocked. Now that I need to start a new plan, I'm actually forced to get a cameraphone because for some reason it's the only decent free one
confused.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #66 of 94
Quote:

When you are in a group of people that all have mobile phones, you can avoid the phenomena of everyone reaching for their phone when they hear it ring by using a unique ringtone.

Or using a cell jammer, so nobody can get or make calls in the first place
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #67 of 94
I'm pretty sure my ringtones are unique since I made them myself and can't find ringtone versions of the songs I used anyway. Most of the time my phones are on vibrate, though, since I don't even like to hear my own phone ring. But at least when my phone rings I know it since nobody else has the same ringtones I do.

At work very often I'll be dealing with a customer and their phone will ring and they will actually answer it! Right in front of me, while I'm trying to help them out. Extremely rude and very annoying. And often they have a very loud, very annoying ringtone, too. Just because you can answer it doesn't mean you should, but apparently most people don't understand that concept.

Jun 2, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #68 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
At work very often I'll be dealing with a customer and their phone will ring and they will actually answer it! Right in front of me, while I'm trying to help them out.

Yup, there sure are a lot of ignorant people going about these days. I was in the supermarket a few weeks ago and this guys shopping had gone through the till and he was packing it when his phone went off........

"hello"
"yep"
"hold on you're breaking up"

Get this...... he walks away from the till (about 50 yards) so he can get a good signal and I'm standing there waiting for my shopping to be checked out which can only happen if he packs his bags and gets clear of the check out..... I said something like "bloody hell the brass neck of some people" to the check out girl and she retorted with a gormless smile as if I was from another planet...... well I gave this twit 5 minutes and ended up walking over to him very annoyed and told him to shift his shopping or I would throw it on the floor..... He didn't, at first, acknowledege me and said into the phone "sorry I've got to go some rude person is shouting in my ear" !!!!!!!

I gave this guy a REAL mouthfull and I started shaking (the way you do before you deck someone) I really was on the verge of beating the crap out of him as he hurridly packed his groceries without so much of a glance in my direction, let alone an apology or a "recognition" of his ignorance...... this guy scurried away with his shopping and I was the one left feeling as though I had done something wrong..... the look the check out girl gave me was like "whoah! you are a nutcase"

There are very few things that make me mad but other peoples ignorance and "self importance" are sure to get me going and I don't see why they should get away with it........ Too many people today "accept" the ignorance of others and put it down to "that's the way things are nowadays" well, I don't accept it and will always confront these ignorant "me me me" buggers who have no respect for anyone but themselves.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #69 of 94
When "the human race is run," I am confident that cellular telephones will be found to have played a major role in our communal curtain. If nothing else, they have contributed mightily to the demise of manners and courtesy in society.

That having been said, if I were in PF's position, I'd have thrown something at him. Like a Mars Bar or magazine. Nothing too violent, but a clear sign of rage. Also, the look on someone's face when struck with candy is more than priceless.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #70 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08
When "the human race is run," I am confident that cellular telephones will be found to have played a major role in our communal curtain. If nothing else, they have contributed mightily to the demise of manners and courtesy in society.

That having been said, if I were in PF's position, I'd have thrown something at him. Like a Mars Bar or magazine.

A 50 yard "candy throw" is a pretty hit or miss situation I could have taken out the store manager by mistake..... If the guy had been in range I probably would have taken him out with a "magazine slap" on the back of the head.

Jun 2, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #72 of 94
Hey, nothing is stopping you from closing the gap quickly and quietly, lest the quarry become startled and run. If you are willing to entertain the idea of lobbing candy at a cad, you are obviously willing to do what it takes to see that job done. By the time the cashier realizes that something is about to happen, they won't be able to stop it.

This is also why I do most of my shopping at 2 AM.

Jun 2, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #73 of 94
a 1lb bag of Reeses Pieces would have knocked the phone out of his hands and knocked him into a wall. Now that would have been hilarious. I can picture the security guards rewinding the tape over and over again, watching the guy recoil.

Jun 2, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #74 of 94
Yeah, that would be an interesting tape to watch. Of course, a sack of any small, hard candy would do the same. Skittles, M&M, the aforementioned Reese's Pieces, or the like would all have a shock and awe aspect to them.

Jun 2, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #75 of 94
I didn't know people could get so emotional about ringtones.
confused.gif

Let people spend money the way they want; whether that's thousands of dollars on gear to make their music sound "better" or dozens of dollars on "catchy" ring-tones is up to them.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back