Ringtones... What is this insanity all about??
Jun 4, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #92 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Yeh, I'd knee the idiot who owned the phone in the nuts and then stamp on his phone.... I'm not sure that's the reaction he'd be expecting tho
evil_smiley.gif

Wow. That's the farthest I've spit a drink onto the monitor. Almost three feet! Thanks for the laugh.

Jun 5, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #93 of 94
As for text messaging, I think it's a useful, if somewhat over hyped tool. For instance, when flying back to Nebraska this May to visit some friends, the person picking me up did not have voice mail, and was out of a service area. I needed to get a hold of her, so I sent her a text message, which she received as soon as she was back in range. Rather like paging, actually.

Other than that, if I don't want to disturb people, but need to get a hold of someone, I'll text 'em.

Oh, and I refuse to degenerate into idiot-speak for that. Still use full words, capitalization, and punctuation
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #94 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
ringtones: the audiophiles bane

Yes! I avoid nasty ringtones like the plague. I mean, tasteless ringtones(ala crazy frog) are spreading just as quick, eh?

I just thought of a mod for cellphones, in that wierd reverse engineering style: Bit Char-G motors are sourced from the vibrator motors found in cellphones, but tuned to spin much faster with much more torque. I'd replace the stock vibration motor in a cellphone with a Bit Char-G "Lucifer Rotor", a motor capable of 30,000 RPM's, and probably never miss a call with that rumbling in my pocket
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back