Rhapsodio thread
Jan 13, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #1,502 of 2,212
I have Rhapsodio Zombie now, and man, they are really interesting! :)

Those are my first thoughts:

- The package sure is interesting, I think the transport case they come with is one of the best there can be. Full Peli transport case
- There are a lot of tips included in the package, and while those aren't Spinfit, they surely feel just as good, if not even better
- This is my first Rhapsodio IEM, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of build quality, but man, do they deliver. I love the fact that the IEMs themselves are vented
- Aesthetics are simply stunning, you can see why you'd want to go with them once you see them. Of course, me being a metalhead, and a horror movies fan, the name Zombie only makes things better (Rob Zombie fans out there?)
- The comfort is good, but they are on the large to very large side, and I think the best comfort I have is with the smallest tips right now. May need to play more until I find my comfort sweet spot. They are comfortable once in place, the silicone on the tips is good and you don't need other tips right away
- The cables, as far as I can tell, are really good as well, very flexible, not very tangle prone, and they sit nicely around the ear. 2-Pin connectors work flawlessly
- The IEM shells are not black behind the colored plates, you can actually see the drivers inside if you get enough sunlight to shine through them, and man, they are worked nicely even inside
- The sound is quite unique and specific, extremely strong sub-bass, strong bass, slightly recessed midrange, and fairly good treble. This is, and has to be, the first IEM that I ever considered good to lower the sub-bass specifically via EQ. It simply is the deepest and strongest sub-bass I heard to date
- The rest of the frequencies aren't masked by the strong bass and sub-bass, they are an extremely revealing IEM, and I can totally notice the boost in overal details when switching back and forth with a 500 IEM, for example.
- Bass is also one of a very good quality, not just the amount, but also the speed and raw impact delivery.
- The treble is farily sparkly and well extended
- Soundstage is on the intimate side, as far as I can tell, they bring the music close to the listener. Works very well with all music I tested so far, but I only had time to test mostly metal, and some Pendulum
- One of the most impressive IEMs with EDM, I am looking forward to comparing those with Campfire ATLAS, which are also quite amazing by themselves
- The Zombie is not very hard to drive, but it scales really well with better sources, I'd recommend pairing them with at least a Chord Mojo, iFi xDSD, FiiO X7mkii, DX200 or Opus #2. They really like having a more revealing source.
- Overall, I am very impressed :)

DwxP4w_WsAA35Mb.jpg:large

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #1,503 of 2,212

- The package sure is interesting, I think the transport case they come with is one of the best there can be. Full Peli transport case
- There are a lot of tips included in the package, and while those aren't Spinfit, they surely feel just as good, if not even better
- This is my first Rhapsodio IEM, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of build quality, but man, do they deliver. I love the fact that the IEMs themselves are vented
- Aesthetics are simply stunning, you can see why you'd want to go with them once you see them. Of course, me being a metalhead, and a horror movies fan, the name Zombie only makes things better (Rob Zombie fans out there?)
- The comfort is good, but they are on the large to very large side, and I think the best comfort I have is with the smallest tips right now. May need to play more until I find my comfort sweet spot. They are comfortable once in place, the silicone on the tips is good and you don't need other tips right away
- The cables, as far as I can tell, are really good as well, very flexible, not very tangle prone, and they sit nicely around the ear. 2-Pin connectors work flawlessly
- The IEM shells are not black behind the colored plates, you can actually see the drivers inside if you get enough sunlight to shine through them, and man, they are worked nicely even inside
- The sound is quite unique and specific, extremely strong sub-bass, strong bass, slightly recessed midrange, and fairly good treble. This is, and has to be, the first IEM that I ever considered good to lower the sub-bass specifically via EQ. It simply is the deepest and strongest sub-bass I heard to date
- The rest of the frequencies aren't masked by the strong bass and sub-bass, they are an extremely revealing IEM, and I can totally notice the boost in overal details when switching back and forth with a 500 IEM, for example.
- Bass is also one of a very good quality, not just the amount, but also the speed and raw impact delivery.
- Soundstage is on the intimate side, as far as I can tell, they bring the music close to the listener. Works very well with all music I tested so far, but I only had time to test mostly metal, and some Pendulum
- One of the most impressive IEMs with EDM, I am looking forward to comparing those with Campfire ATLAS, which are also quite amazing by themselves
- The Zombie is not very hard to drive, but it scales really well with better sources, I'd recommend pairing them with at least a Chord Mojo, iFi xDSD, FiiO X7mkii, DX200 or Opus #2. They really like having a more revealing source.

I still miss those. :cry: Crazy marmite IEMs.... Loved them! :D

Enjoy working on the review!

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,504 of 2,212
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #1,505 of 2,212
I still miss those. :cry: Crazy marmite IEMs.... Loved them! :D

Enjoy working on the review!

Thank you!

They are quite enjoyable, especially if you like bass :)

Those are gorgeous looking!

Glad you like them

Regardless of how I take the photos, they look even better in real life! :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,506 of 2,212

Right choice, congrats.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,508 of 2,212
Hey @SLC1966... It took a while before they made their way to me, but I finally have some silver bling-bling in my ears. :wink:
NICE!

I look forward to your timbrelicious impressions especially with the classical music you enjoy.

My Rhapsodio Eden is still a very close enjoyable friend of mine.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,509 of 2,212
NICE!

I look forward to your timbrelicious impressions especially with the classical music you enjoy.

My Rhapsodio Eden is still a very close enjoyable friend of mine.
Did some initial listening and indeed, they do very well for classical music. Gorgeous violins and piano, a very well balanced sound... yeah, really liking what I have heard so far! :ksc75smile:

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #1,510 of 2,212
@Solarsammy is the man for hooking me up at the price I was looking for!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,512 of 2,212
I have been listening more and more to the Eden and Haydn Piano Concerto in F is a real treat! It was always a piece I loved the flow of, but the Eden present it with something extra special. Notes flow and jump at the same time and it is thoroughly enjoyable. What amazingly well balanced IEMs!

Eden.JPG

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,515 of 2,212
how do you compare the Rhapsodio Eden and UE18+ Pro Gen 2? Thanks!
I have only very briefly heard the UE18+ Pro a long time ago, but remember them to have had warmer, thicker sound. The Eden are really quite neutral, yet maintain an accurate tonality and outstanding clarity. By comparison I would not be surprised if the UE18+ sound somewhat veiled, at least that is what I get when I switch back to my Phantom after listening to the Eden. Despite being neutral I do find the Eden very musical and smooth. The laid-back bass might make them less suited to music such as EDM (although I have enjoyed some down-tempo EDM), but excellent for acoustic and classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back