Rhapsodio thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #1,052 of 2,203
Solar sounds like a champion from the Opus#2.

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #1,053 of 2,203
I am excited to hear my Solar again and more with the Opus#2. Mine have been in transit and at Sammy's for more than a month for repair. I have bad timing it was during Chinese New Year.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #1,054 of 2,203
Ya, there is no worse time to have sent it to him :frowning2:

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #1,055 of 2,203

I finally put pins on this solid core, balanced, Nordost cable, and wow she sounds good now. I'm regretting not doing it sooner, this cable sounds great on the solar.
I have to get another trrs plug for the silver/gold cable and see if it's the trrs plug that's making this dramatic improvement on the sound stage and not just the cable changeover.
The treble seems a little brighter, which is nice as the zx2 is a musical & warm sounding DAP. But definitely hearing a vast improvement in the solar/zx2 now.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #1,056 of 2,203
  Ya, there is no worse time to have sent it to him :frowning2:

I kept putting it off and putting it off. Next thing I know I was ready to send it and it was CNY, really miss them though.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,057 of 2,203

I finally put pins on this solid core, balanced, Nordost cable, and wow she sounds good now. I'm regretting not doing it sooner, this cable sounds great on the solar.
I have to get another trrs plug for the silver/gold cable and see if it's the trrs plug that's making this dramatic improvement on the sound stage and not just the cable changeover.
The treble seems a little brighter, which is nice as the zx2 is a musical & warm sounding DAP. But definitely hearing a vast improvement in the solar/zx2 now.

Can I ask where you got these 2pin plugs? I may need to get a few for myself soon...Are they Oyaide?

Cheers

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,058 of 2,203
Can I ask where you got these 2pin plugs? I may need to get a few for myself soon...Are they Oyaide?

Cheers

No, I don't think their oyaide, but still a nice plug, I'm going to buy a few spares as well.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162260383814

This nordost cable with the Solar, is nuts, the extra detail is stunning. It kept me up most the night, and every song sounded new, this cable has a solid core and a fine spiral of pure silver that wraps around the centre core and I believe that's what makes this silver cable special.

I'm not ruling out the trrs update, so I have ordered some TRRS balanced plugs and will try that as well on the original silver/gold cable.

But for now, I'm really loving the music again.
This has got to be the best sound I have have ever experienced, a full 3D sound stage with such a bass, I still can't believe it.

I also recommend WBT Silver solder with lead in it, the solder has a lower melting point, so you tend to not melt the plugs with it. As you don't need to hold the iron tip/heat on the surface as long.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #1,059 of 2,203
After about a month of flirting with other IEMs (happens a lot), today I plugged in my beloved Galaxy v2 to the QP1R and fired them up. I remember why I loved them in the first place. Nice authoritative bass with decay only a DD could do, sweet sweet mids with accurate timbre, and a smooth shimmery treble with a hint of sparkle. An absolute delight to listen to. Could it have tighter bass? More neutral mids? More sparkly treble, and a bigger soundstage? Yes to all, but it'll throw the balance off the impeccable tuning of this IEM. It does a great job in many genres and I believe stands toe-to-toe with other flagships.

It even finished third in my less-publicised multi-flagship IEM shootout, not to take any shine off @flinkenick's mega-shootout coming soon lol. I haven't heard every TOTL IEM, but I'd love to see where the v2 stands against Dream and Vega, eh Nic?

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #1,060 of 2,203
After about a month of flirting with other IEMs (happens a lot), today I plugged in my beloved Galaxy v2 to the QP1R and fired them up. I remember why I loved them in the first place. Nice authoritative bass with decay only a DD could do, sweet sweet mids with accurate timbre, and a smooth shimmery treble with a hint of sparkle. An absolute delight to listen to. Could it have tighter bass? More neutral mids? More sparkly treble, and a bigger soundstage? Yes to all, but it'll throw the balance off the impeccable tuning of this IEM. It does a great job in many genres and I believe stands toe-to-toe with other flagships.

It even finished third in my less-publicised multi-flagship IEM shootout, not to take any shine off @flinkenick
's mega-shootout coming soon lol. I haven't heard every TOTL IEM, but I'd love to see where the v2 stands against Dream and Vega, eh Nic?
No matter how great any iem ones brain will become accustomed to that sound and in time ones brain will lose interest in that familiar sound. Add living in HF ones mind will be injected with the hope of audio Nirvana. As I do with toddlers, I put aside any iem and use another for a month (or three) then Ill put the iem (dap, dac, anp, cable) to the side and I reuse my old libelt iem and guess what, rhe brain becomes interested. Joy again for a week or nonth.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #1,061 of 2,203
No matter how great any iem ones brain will become accustomed to that sound and in time ones brain will lose interest in that familiar sound. Add living in HF ones mind will be injected with the hope of audio Nirvana. As I do with toddlers, I put aside any iem and use another for a month (or three) then Ill put the iem (dap, dac, anp, cable) to the side and I reuse my old libelt iem and guess what, rhe brain becomes interested. Joy again for a week or nonth.

Words of wisdom. IEMs on rotational basis.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #1,062 of 2,203

It even finished third in my less-publicised multi-flagship IEM shootout, not to take any shine off @flinkenick
's mega-shootout coming soon lol. I haven't heard every TOTL IEM, but I'd love to see where the v2 stands against Dream and Vega, eh Nic?

Nice shootout! I didn't know about this!

By the way, adding a few Db to the U/A12 in the presence region (4k-8k) can transform these beauties into whole new marvels. They EQ like a champ.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,065 of 2,203
He's deep into Ping Pong now. Doctor's say it's the first sign of dementia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back