Rhapsodio thread
May 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #391 of 2,203
Hi guys
i am still enjoying my solar but sometimes i think.....may be galaxy is better ??
So may be i will put my solar on sell and buy galaxy...
Do you think its a good idea?
Thx

May 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #392 of 2,203
Hi guys
i am still enjoying my solar but sometimes i think.....may be galaxy is better ??
Thx
keep both

May 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #396 of 2,203
I love the comparison to a mountain river.  How would you describe the sound of the Solar?  I'm trying to decide which one to buy between the two.  Also, is there anywhere here in the United States where we can demo the Galaxy? 
Solar of course like Sun. Warm,shiny,good energy bass.I love female vocal in Solar. It is sweet and not mid forward. It give a v shape soundstage. It is real soundstage I think.

May 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #397 of 2,203
Hi guys
Thx

The Galaxy and Solar and first and foremost two very different monitors with very little in common. The Galaxy has a neutral tuning with a tonality tilted towards the treble, with greater resolution but also a more delicate and distant presentation. Its soundstage is wide, but less tall. The Solar is full and powerful, fueled by its mid-bass presentation. Its sound is thick and forward. They each excel for very different types of music, and will suit a different audience. I'd say the Galaxy is better for strings and acoustics, and the Solar for band-based music like rock or singer/songwriter (but that's me). Some might prefer the Galaxy, and others the Solar. But don't expect it to be a case of better - just different.

Sammy prefers the Galaxy, I prefer the Solar. Personally, I would never put my Solar for sale :wink:

May 27, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #398 of 2,203
The Solar and Galaxy are like Yin and Yang..both compliment each other greatly..
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #400 of 2,203
Solar of course like Sun. Warm,shiny,good energy bass.I love female vocal in Solar. It is sweet and not mid forward. It give a v shape soundstage. It is real soundstage I think.

I've been going back through this thread and the feeling that I'm getting is that the Galaxy is like the Sennheiser HD800 and the Solar is like the Fostex TH900.  And just like those two are complimentary, so too are the Solar/Galaxy.  I actually like the Fostex more, and the AKG K3003 even more than that so it sounds like I should start with the Solars.  Does that sound about right?

May 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #401 of 2,203
I've been going back through this thread and the feeling that I'm getting is that the Galaxy is like the Sennheiser HD800 and the Solar is like the Fostex TH900.  And just like those two are complimentary, so too are the Solar/Galaxy.  I actually like the Fostex more, and the AKG K3003 even more than that so it sounds like I should start with the Solars.  Does that sound about right?
Sorry, I forgot fostex sound.But I have to say that Galaxy like Hifiman He1000 not hd800. Our Rti2 like hd800 more.

May 28, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #402 of 2,203
The Galaxy is also available as custom now, with a special designed metal tube to ensure the same resonance as the universal shell!

Perfect! This is great news to owners who have been 'suffering' the Universals and the poor seal.  

Is there any special price for owners of the Universal versions if they wanted to re-shell into a Custom? I was holding off re-shelling thus far due to the change is sound quality.

May 28, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #403 of 2,203

Perfect! This is great news to owners who have been 'suffering' the Universals and the poor seal.  

Is there any special price for owners of the Universal versions if they wanted to re-shell into a Custom? I was holding off re-shelling thus far due to the change is sound quality.

Just in case and FWIW, I do not think that I have suffered from a poor seal with the universal version of the Galaxy. I love customs, but with universals, choosing the right tips goes a long way.

May 28, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #404 of 2,203
Mine sealed just fine with the spiral dots.  YMMV

May 28, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #405 of 2,203
I took the plunge and ordered a set of the new Clipper IEM.    

Just some info from my PM exchanges with Sammy:

1.  Same recommended burn-in time as the Solar and Galaxy
2.  Nozzle size is the same as Galaxy, meaning the spiral dot tips will fit
3.  The price Sammy posted is correct, $55.00.  No fancy box or packaging like Solar and Galaxy, but I personally don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back