Rhapsodio thread
May 12, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #331 of 2,236
Received my Solars today with the upgraded cable -- RSD OCC MK2!

So tonight I will enjoy with a glass of Cabernet -- candle light and a date with my sweet Solars!! 
tongue.gif

Thanks Sammy for all your help!!!

May 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #332 of 2,236
  i mean K10 is no1 (reviews-wise) but only reached no 5 at @jelt2359 TOTL shoot-out 
wink.gif

still, let's not hope that too many people review them solars and get them to number 1 , i know at least one person here who would have a heart attack if K10s are thrown off the top spot 
tongue.gif

The K10 has been available for a longer time so that longer length of time availability would contribute to more reviews. It would be an... interesting way to interpret this statistic as an indicative indicator of being "best".

Back to topic: this Rhapsodio Solar is really beginning to intrigue me.

May 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #333 of 2,236
Now that I've heard both, it's probably good to add this.

K10 and Solar sound nothing alike.

K10 has a slightly warm, smooth, relaxed sound with endgame mids and leaner notation. More balanced and airier from left to right, but not much soundstage depth and height. Very enjoyable, unfatiguable sound. A stellar all-rounder.

Solar is U-shaped, that should tell you the differences immediately. So it's basically the K10 with more bass, more treble, pushed back mids, thicker notes and deeper stage. In short, K10 is a totally different IEM lol.

A better signature match to the K10 is actually the Angie. Take K10, push the mids slightly forward, ta-daa.

(Of course there's more to it than that, but you get the picture)

Please don't imply that I prefer the Solar just bcos I'm putting the K10 for sale. Both are excellent for different needs. The K10 is for sale simply bcos it's a universal limited edition, which I hope will fetch a good price to fund my next step, desktop setups.

May 13, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #334 of 2,236
So here's my Solar iem welcoming his new friend to the family today... Let the burn in process for the Galaxy begin
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #335 of 2,236
May 13, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #337 of 2,236

So tonight I will enjoy with a glass of Cabernet -- candle light and a date with my sweet Solars!! :p

I am envious. My Solar CIEMs are back at Rhapsodio since the beginning of the week. No telling how long the refit process will take. For all I know, I'm back at the start of the queue.

My hunger for them is terrible.

May 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #339 of 2,236

So tonight I will enjoy with a glass of Cabernet -- candle light and a date with my sweet Solars!! 
tongue.gif

What a date night!
These things are sooooo incredible. It by far exceeds all other iems that I own.
Now about those Galaxys...I gotta stop spending....Expecially since I really love the Solars!!

May 14, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #340 of 2,236
So here's my Solar iem welcoming his new friend to the family today... Let the burn in process for the Galaxy begin
[/URL]

Rhapsodio MVP in da houseeeee

May 19, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #344 of 2,236
The Galaxy is also available as custom now, with a special designed metal tube to ensure the same resonance as the universal shell!

This is great news...just a question Sammy, can people who have the uiem version of Galaxy send that to you for reshelling to a ciem version?

beerchug.gif

May 19, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #345 of 2,236
The Galaxy is also available as custom now, with a special designed metal tube to ensure the same resonance as the universal shell!

Remarkable developments, Sammy-man. Your mastery over this craft matures every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back