Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 17, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #2,313 of 2,508
  I am not shopping for anything new.

Untill...

3d+gif+animated+Aquarium+clipart+gold+fish+professional+cartoon+animators+photo+graphic+art+ecards+mobile+screen+saver+bubbles%252C+fish+swimming+3D+++water++backgrounds+desktop+web+blog+design++.gif

Solar is prettier :p

+ 18 extra drivers
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #2,315 of 2,508

You kind of need to know what YOU like. The air moving bass depth of a Dynamic, or the sound you get from BA drivers.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/735985/iem-dynamic-vs-balanced-armature#post_12001111

From this post having not heard anything except my HD600 and Westone W3 (now dead left channel) I would have to say Dynamic is more appealing to me.  

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,316 of 2,508
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/735985/iem-dynamic-vs-balanced-armature#post_12001111

From this post having not heard anything except my HD600 and Westone W3 (now dead left channel) I would have to say Dynamic is more appealing to me.  

I had W40 (newer version of W4, similar to W3) and still have the Noble 4, and I'll agree the sound is very different.  In some ways I like both, but the DD of the galaxy is superior.

I'll probably finish my review next week if all goes as planned.  I'm past the 100 hr burn in mark but I'm going past that.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #2,317 of 2,508
My ear impressions went well. They are already at the post office, waiting to be sent out.

Payment for Solars have been made. Designs approved.

Now it's just the long terrible wait that remains.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,318 of 2,508
My ear impressions went well. They are already at the post office, waiting to be sent out.

Payment for Solars have been made. Designs approved.

Now it's just the long terrible wait that remains.

Good luck! What's the build time for the Solar like? If it's anything like waiting for a K10, now is when you forget you bought it, go do other things for a while and feel pleasantly surprised when you finally get the shipping notification :wink:

Otherwise counting the days can get... painful

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #2,319 of 2,508
Hmmm actually I have had multiple ear impressions been made from different Audiologist and all of them were up to standard. I actually have pretty much faith in the quality of ear impressions as I think that it should be fine if your really relaxed throughout the process.

And just to add My 2 customs from Sammy are actually the ones having the best fit for me. Fits snugly and most importantly no pain at all :sunglasses:. So relax guys! Oh and mine was an open mouth impression with a bite block.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #2,320 of 2,508
Hmmm actually I have had multiple ear impressions been made from different Audiologist and all of them were up to standard. I actually have pretty much faith in the quality of ear impressions as I think that it should be fine if your really relaxed throughout the process.

And just to add My 2 customs from Sammy are actually the ones having the best fit for me. Fits snugly and most importantly no pain at all :sunglasses:. So relax guys! Oh and mine was an open mouth impression with a bite block.

Seriously, how hard is it to squirt stuff into someones ears? Even then, my audiologist has never just done it once and been happy. She takes them out, if she doesn't like them, she starts over.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,321 of 2,508
Seriously, how hard is it to squirt stuff into someones ears? Even then, my audiologist has never just done it once and been happy. She takes them out, if she doesn't like them, she starts over.

Mine too! In fact most of my Audiologist had to do at least twice before they approved it! The problem with said technique is that air bubbles might appear in the impressions if the Audiologist did not squirt the material into the ear fast enough or consistent enough.

My record of the Audiologist rejecting the impressions she done was 5 times haha. Imagine the amount of money wasted and the amount of material thrown away.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #2,322 of 2,508

I think it depends on familiarity with taking impressions for music (vs the intended usage, hearing aids), and also the region you're located. Before I was able to send off a satisfactory (by manufacturer standards) set of impressions, I had them taken 4 times in total (3 full impressions, the last for just the left ear). Even then finding a half decent audiologist wasn't easy, the few retailers who sold CIEMs only took impressions if you bought from them directly, I literally couldn't offer them money :rolleyes:

Oh also, I don't discount the possibility my ears are just shaped weird :p

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #2,325 of 2,508
I think it depends on familiarity with taking impressions for music (vs the intended usage, hearing aids), and also the region you're located. Before I was able to send off a satisfactory (by manufacturer standards) set of impressions, I had them taken 4 times in total (3 full impressions, the last for just the left ear). Even then finding a half decent audiologist wasn't easy, the few retailers who sold customs only took impressions if you bought from them directly, I literally couldn't offer them money
rolleyes.gif

Oh also, I don't discount the possibility my ears are just shaped weird
tongue.gif

My first time I told her what they were being done for. The next time, for my K10, I took the instructions from Noble. She still did them her normal way and they were fine once they arrived at the Noble lab. I think my last time she did one ear 3 times, not 100% sure, but I didn't get the record of 5. 
biggrin.gif
 I have watched Brannan do them at shows, now I didn't watch intensely, but I dont remember seeing him do them over, he uses quite a large amount of goo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back