Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #2,236 of 2,508
I have sneaked a listen or two while the burn-in is going on, and I'll just say the top end is glorious

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #2,238 of 2,508
  Okay, okay, okay......

I got my Solars back - the Veil is lifted! Sammy had his technician fix the end of the nozzle on my Solars so that the treble tubes weren't blocked by my ear canal.

The scales have fallen from my eyes.

More to come (I am pretty jazzed) 
etysmile.gif

Any updates - how are the Solars doing now they are back?
I am really interested in hearing how you would compare contrast against the K-10 and the Westones

I can't audition all the iems, so I am narrowing it down to the K-10, solar or the galaxy.

Dan 

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #2,240 of 2,508
speaking of the NT6, can anyone post thoughts on those with the Galaxy?  the NT6 seems more similar to the Galaxy than the Solar.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #2,242 of 2,508
head's up for those who wondered where did the Rhapsodio tour thread disappeared to....

I was informed that it's against the forum rule to organize a tour on behalf of a non-sponsoring manufacturer, so the tour couldn't be carried out as what I had planned. I apologized for raising up anyone's hope to have a chance to demo it.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #2,243 of 2,508
  speaking of the NT6, can anyone post thoughts on those with the Galaxy?  the NT6 seems more similar to the Galaxy than the Solar.

@tupac0306 posted this chart some time ago: http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/64/6427ef06_841408908.png
It includes his opinion on the NT6, Galaxy and many other totl iems as well, on a detailed level...

Can't escape the sun.

I'm toast.

Lucky you! You should know by now that it's a privilege to get burned by the Solar
biggrin.gif

I was informed that it's against the forum rule to organize a tour on behalf of a non-sponsoring manufacturer...

Well, this would have been my 2nd guess, after The Twilight Zone of course
rolleyes.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #2,244 of 2,508
so , if an individual wants to share his iems here - he can not ?

i mean say i have a solar and i want you guys to listen to it and see what you think , it is forbidden ?

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #2,246 of 2,508
Any updates - how are the Solars doing now they are back?
I am really interested in hearing how you would compare contrast against the K-10 and the Westones

I can't audition all the iems, so I am narrowing it down to the K-10, solar or the galaxy.

Dan 

It depends what tonality you want. Slightly warm and u shaped will be Z Solar or K10, the Solar being more airy and spacious to my ears. More neutral, clear and fast, Galaxy.

Yes Galaxy will be closer to the NT6 than the Solar, but still different. First, the NT6 is brighter, besides, the Galaxy has more air movement in the mid bass, due to the dynamic driver. All I can say as I have not had the NT6 for a while.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,247 of 2,508
I'm rather surprised that the Solar is considered that warm... I really don't hear it that way. Also, that the Galaxy, being a dynamic, is so fast/neutral in signature. Usually it's the other way around for BA vs. DD IEMs. I'm a bit curious about the Galaxy now! 

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,248 of 2,508
Is the Custom Solar the same price as the Universal? $1,350?

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #2,249 of 2,508
Their website shows that the Solar custom is $200 more ($1,550).

The Galaxy would be more to my preference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back