Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,246 of 2,508
  So, I got bored at work and decided to write a (small) review of the Rhapsodio 2.98 8-strand cable. A very special cable that I love for its very unique sound. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rhapsodio-2-98-silver-gold-occ-litz-8-strand/reviews/14783

ps. Will do some A/B comparisons later to update on speed etc., and add some photos; or I will send it over to @MikePortnoy sometime for a proper cable review 
rolleyes.gif

Proper cable review? Man, you already made a very informative one! 

And I am honored to see this post! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #1,247 of 2,508
Solars finaaaallllly ordered after a massive ruck with wallet and head. Thanks to Sammy for lightening fast responses - and thanks to one or two others here (they know who they are - the invoice is in the post, boyz  
biggrin.gif
 )

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,248 of 2,508
  So, I got bored at work and decided to write a (small) review of the Rhapsodio 2.98 8-strand cable.

Well done, Nic!

A very nice review on this (imo also) fabulous cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Solars finaaaallllly ordered after a massive ruck with wallet and head.

Congrats!

Your head will be happy as soon as the Solar is in your ears, feeding it with that sweet music / sound quality and
your wallet will be happy afterwards, when the price has really gone up, like Sammy mentioned before
wink.gif

Btw, universals?

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,249 of 2,508

Proper cable review? Man, you already made a very informative one! 

And I am honored to see this post! 
beerchug.gif

Might be informative, but not at your level yet buddy. People read my review and are probably still wondering what the level of control and space of the sub-bass is, or how good the black space around the instruments is, or the treble and midrange speed 
biggrin.gif

I will send it over to you soon my friend!

Quote:
  Well done, Nic!

A very nice review on this (imo also) fabulous cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Erik! you know best how to judge it! RSD is launching a new cable line again, I wonder if they are keeping these.. If not it will be a collectors item soon 
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,250 of 2,508
  Solars finaaaallllly ordered after a massive ruck with wallet and head. Thanks to Sammy for lightening fast responses - and thanks to one or two others here (they know who they are - the invoice is in the post, boyz  
biggrin.gif
 )

Glad you decided to pull the trigger. My head and wallet have not been on speaking terms for quite a while, I know that feel bro. But in this case it is worth it 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,251 of 2,508
Talking of cables, how good is the Pandora spc upgrade cable ? Compared to the Rhapsodio 2.98 8-strand cable...and others?

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #1,252 of 2,508
The standard SPC cable is great, I use it a lot. Switching cables is fun and will change the sound, but it is not a necessity. When manufacturers use a flimsy factory produced 3-wire, the bass has less control and muddies the midrange for instance. In that case I would recommend a different cable, but this is a high quality cable as is. If you have the Solar and a good source, you're good to go.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #1,253 of 2,508
  Talking of cables, how good is the Pandora spc upgrade cable ? Compared to the Rhapsodio 2.98 8-strand cable...and others?

Ozzie did you ask what cable your iem is coming with?

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #1,255 of 2,508
  The standard SPC cable is great, I use it a lot.

Are you sure that the cable that came with our Solars was a silver plated (copper) one?

(Btw, in this picture, the one on the left)

I always thought (probably my mistake) that it was a pure copper litz 
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, this is a great sounding cable indeed (haven't heard the Pandora myself though)
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #1,257 of 2,508
Dec 17, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,258 of 2,508
Are you sure that the cable that came with our Solars was a silver plated (copper) one?

(Btw, in this picture, the one on the left)

I always thought (probably my mistake) that it was a pure copper litz :rolleyes:
Anyway, this is a great sounding cable indeed (haven't heard the Pandora myself though) :)  
I like the metal case.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #1,259 of 2,508
I like the metal case.

Yeah, Rhapsodio ''old style'' => probably a nuclear bomb proof case
wink.gif

I like the new design cases also very much though
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,260 of 2,508
In my review I completed it with the Pandora SPC. It was my stock cable and honestly you don't "need" any other. It sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back