Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1,216 of 2,508
I have been listening to the Solar for a while on my Lotoo Paw Gold, including some well mastered high res tracks and I am finding hard to find anything even slightly wrong about the Solar. It is perfectly balanced, with great stage, fast, sparkly, with no harshness. It is even to perfect at times, like the good student bragging. Or course it doesn't have the rich vocals of the Zeus, or the very engaging bass texture of the 846, or the delicacy of the SE5 ultimate. But overall, it is a top performer with nothing to fault. And tons of fun as well.

Wow, I've tried/heard somebody's 846 (with blue filters) once for about an hour and really liked it. Can't remember the bass of it making such a big impression (its soundstage and imaging did) om me at that time though. Almost a year ago => maybe I should try it again sometimes
rolleyes.gif

Balanced out is the star performer of the Onkyo, according to their thread.

Balanced out (can only use that with my Z5 and Z7) also surely makes a difference with my Pono player
smily_headphones1.gif

Working on a Rhapsodio RDB Mk4 review over here atm.
Maybe I can even finish & post it (no promises) later on today
rolleyes.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,217 of 2,508
I have been listening to the Solar for a while on my Lotoo Paw Gold, including some well mastered high res tracks and I am finding hard to find anything even slightly wrong about the Solar. It is perfectly balanced, with great stage, fast, sparkly, with no harshness. It is even to perfect at times, like the good student bragging. Or course it doesn't have the rich vocals of the Zeus, or the very engaging bass texture of the 846, or the delicacy of the SE5 ultimate. But overall, it is a top performer with nothing to fault. And tons of fun as well.

did you go custom or universal ?

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,219 of 2,508
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,223 of 2,508
I think the fit is good and I prefer the flexibility of universal these days.

Fair enough. The uni's are actually surprisingly comfortable.

is the custom better ?

I bought universal. Now I want custom. Positives/negatives for both, but in my experience sound quality is essentially the same (after tip rolling and achieving a good seal...)

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,225 of 2,508
Lol, I can't open this thread anymore without seeing new orders have been placed. I remember when I knew exactly how many Solar's there were and who owned them, but I've lost count.. That was 2 weeks ago.

We met briefly on the EE thread, didn't realize you are also going for a Solar after Zeus and the A12.. Those will make some nice comparisons!

Yes hehe! Can't wait for my solar to be here! I got the custom version as usual so the comparison between these 3 will be more accurate! Sammy said mine will be shipped tomorrow!

Can't wait! Haha. The Zeus is crazy good but I'm sure solar will be just as good too :).

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,227 of 2,508
If I ever go for the Solar it will be the universal version. 

Benefits of universal fit are better resell value (experienced that with my V6 Stage uf recently, gone in 30 hrs) and it's easier to let somebody else try them.
On the other side: without a good fit/seal you have a serious sq issue...

Sammy said mine will be shipped tomorrow!

That's pretty quick, did you order them this morning?
wink.gif

With some luck you'll have them soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back