Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 3, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #886 of 2,508
I hope so too. If not, there is always the Sale/Trade forum. I have some I am happy with so there is no pressure. Angie has a great treble range, it is broad and not sibilant with a lot of details all the way around and of course you can dial up the bass. The Heir 8.0 is comfortable with effortless sound and good soundstage. Some are annoyed by the bass but I am not. I think when you find the correct tips and depth inside the ear they sound great and the details come through. All around I almost prefer the Heir to the Angie.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #887 of 2,508
I have missed the Heir 8.A from the day I sold it. Its bass gives it that magnificent lower midrange presence, making male vocals sound warm and deep, while old school AC/DC guitars sound powerful and big. Warmth like a soothing bath.. The Solar has less lower midrange presence, but makes it more than up in the upper midrange - beautiful, clear and fast, with more sparkle up top. They both sound very full though. 

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it will live up to the expectation 
biggrin.gif
 I just needed some time to adapt from the 8.A to the Solar, as the 8.A is pretty dark in comparison. The Solar seemed a bit bright at first, because I was so used to the Heir.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #890 of 2,508
  I think a few Solars are being shipped...

Yeah, they've been shipped allright and they're moving pretty fast also atm
biggrin.gif

th

I hope so too. If not, there is always the Sale/Trade forum...

Say whaaaaat?
dEL6l.gif

Who knows....vhsownsbeta already sold his universal Solar over there last week to go custom...and of course there's always the possibility that they're not your kinda taste after all...it's mainly about preferences at this pricepoint I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

and @tupac0306:
Welcome to the club!
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #891 of 2,508
  @tupac0306 You have a seriously impressive collection buddy - three SE 5-way's, isn't that a bit overkill 
smily_headphones1.gif

haha. actually I had four, one of them is gone ;p. 

SE5 is still my favourite CIEM till this day. So that's probably why :), hopefully it can be topped in the future~ 

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #892 of 2,508
Dec 4, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #893 of 2,508
My next iem is..............................Solar
i like this color

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #896 of 2,508
  My next iem is..............................Solar
i like this color

Welcome aboard on the ?olar express
wink.gif

tumblr_inline_mw3yuscajD1qbiocu.gif

I also like that design!
When I saw it for the first time, I almost decided to send my universal one in to get them reshelled into a ''black/gold'' custom
rolleyes.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #897 of 2,508
Dec 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #898 of 2,508

New EARPIECE design.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #899 of 2,508
A copy paste of my post on the S-EM9 thread, a little comparison between 3 flagships:

Signature
S-EM9: elevated sub-bass - linear mid-bass - distant lower midrange - enhanced upper midrange - forward treble ----> (U-shaped)
Solar: elevated sub-bass - slighly enhanced mid-bass - medium thick lower midrange - enhanced upper midrange - forward treble -----> (W-shaped)
Zeus: elevated sub-bass - enhanced mid-bass - very thick lower midrange - flat upper midrange - polite treble ----> (midforward)

Dynamics
S-EM9: fast & precise, but still smooth
Solar: also smooth, slightly lengthier decay
Zeus: very smooth, longest decay (notes linger)

So the S-EM9 and Zeus are pretty much opposites, with the Solar in between. All are outstanding and absolute TOTL, but have different properties that will cater to different preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back