Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #1,786 of 2,508
  A tiny bit? haha ok I will give you a tiny bit.

Solar is slightly V shaped as I said before, galaxy on the other hand is more linear in comparison, but with a peak at upper mid section, providing a very airy, spacious presentation.
Solar sounds fuller in comparison to galaxy due to its more procnouced mid-upper bass and lower mid. Galaxy's bass is more dominate in the sub bass region, so it is slower but deeper. 
Taz23 is correct about the extension on both sides, galaxy is slightly better in that regard, specially the treble extension. 

There will be a review on it, so I will save the rest. :)

Ah, it is great to hear that someone has both the Solar and the Galaxy.  @tupac0306, I will keep a lookout for your review.  Thanks in advance!

By the way, please do report what cables are you using and which one suits the respective IEM  (perhaps according to genre).  

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #1,787 of 2,508
  Looks like Sammy is ready to air that information about galaxy. 

So I should add in my impressions :p:

After 2 weeks listening, it is easily one of the best IEM I have ever heard, if not THE best! The more I listen to it, the more it blows my mind. I still can't believe it's only a one-driver IEM. The sound really makes me wonder why the hell we need those 12 or 16 drivers CIEMs when we can just make it small and simple with better sound. 

It's funny that all my best CIEMs/IEMs have less than 6 drivers.

What are your top 3 favourite CIEM/IEMs? I guess one of the spot goes to the SE5.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #1,789 of 2,508

Yes but you can't help but wonder what life would be like beyond this Solar system, in another Galaxy...

Next up, in another Universe...  
(Sammy, will that be the name for the planar IEM?  
basshead.gif
)

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #1,792 of 2,508
My really late Xmas and extraordinary early birthday present arrived today.

Putting the Solar iem's through their burn in and 4 hours in and I'm stunned.

These sound beautiful, thunderous bass, luscious midrange where angels play guitar, and that sweet treble that is up where heart strings get played.
It's almost to much to process at first.

I have a feeling 200hrs in and I'll be in audio heaven. Together with the sony zx2, and 2.98 custom cable, this seems to be the best synergy match I have heard To date.
These Solar iem's are sensational.

Thank you Sam and Sammy.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #1,794 of 2,508
  The Dutch Solar contingent must be informed of this!

I think those two are still sleeping, lol. You snooze you lose.

Haha, almost no sleep (as a single dad with 2 little kids) on this side of the world
biggrin.gif

Been lurking the past few days and of course the Galaxy caught my attention.

But, I was already busy with another iem (first time custom) over the past weeks and besides that, my 1p2 left channel almost completely (defect driver) gave up on me this weekend
eek.gif
=> has to be repaired. All of this costs $$$ => I'm not sure if I still will have budget left for a Galaxy. But I'll shoot Sammy a pm later on today, and you never know
rolleyes.gif

@taz23 & @tupac0306 some very nice first Galaxy impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #1,795 of 2,508
My next upgrade will be planar or electrostatic iem , :D

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #1,797 of 2,508
Putting the Solar iem's through their burn in and 4 hours in and I'm stunned.
These sound beautiful, thunderous bass, luscious midrange where angels play guitar, and that sweet treble that is up where heart strings get played.

Look at that, there's your Solar review already => that went pretty fast.
Now you only need a title
wink.gif

I have a Galaxy coming in soon.

Talking about fast & reviews: wow, you're moving quick through the iem landscape
blink.gif

And you even posted a Solar review (not sure if everybody noticed that over here) in the meantime...
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,798 of 2,508

Look at that, there's your Solar review already => that went pretty fast.
Now you only need a title
wink.gif

Talking about fast & reviews: wow, you're moving quick through the iem landscape
blink.gif

And you even posted a Solar review (not sure if everybody noticed that over here) in the meantime...
beerchug.gif

Listened to the Solar almost non stop for a month...enough for me to know what I think about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back