Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #121 of 722
I was having a look inside the housings last night and couldn't believe what's going on in there. Tiny tiny assembly. The BA's are inside the nozzle with the dynamic driver sitting behind.

I've settled on the silver cable, it agrees with me more. :D

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #122 of 722
I was having a look inside the housings last night and couldn't believe what's going on in there. Tiny tiny assembly. The BA's are inside the nozzle with the dynamic driver sitting behind.

I've settled on the silver cable, it agrees with me more. :D

yup i could barely make it out on the pic I took on the red unit

Swimsonny, you heard any more on your demo pair :D ? or CNY (CN NY) and nothing much :D ?

also, I don't believe anyone posted a link to Mr Adrian's review ;D http://www.head-fi.org/products/rhapsodio-rdb-hybrid-2ba-dynamic-driver/reviews/8404

we might also want to make and RDB+ appreciation and review thread, but I want sleep more

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #123 of 722
I will happily make this the RDB an stick some link in O
CNy slowed everything down but now I should have my original package re sent and I will have the R (squared) dual dynamic I'm in similar shell.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #124 of 722
Thank you to people who have put my name in as one of the tour's stop over host -- I am officially EXCITED

atsmile.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #125 of 722
I will happily make this the RDB an stick some link in O
CNy slowed everything down but now I should have my original package re sent and I will have the R (squared) dual dynamic I'm in similar shell.

excellent, thanks swim

> Thank you to people who have put my name in as one of the tour's stop over host -- I am officially EXCITED

welcome :wink:

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #126 of 722
Quote:
re rdb+ using tubes. pretty sure you're wrong and the ba is mounted behind the nozzle screen
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/770045/rdb-review-pics/
http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/777430/

rdb+ has the dd in the same dome thing above the ba as 1p2, and the ba is below the dd behind a protective mesh.
there is no room for tubes or no sense in putting them there (you put tubes to route sound from multiple bas, or if the ba was behind the dd which it's not)

Looks like the RBD did from your link. I didn't realize it had been physically changed. However this is the current unit from the Rhapsidio wedsite for the universal so your explanation doesn't jive. You can use bores for a # of things.

and their cutom version does as well when one lrger hole would meat your explanation fine.

Quote:
The RDB = the original 1 plus 2. I know this for sure and neither company made them, they were partners at the time and bought from the same supplier.

Thanks. Seems they're different now.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #127 of 722
Here's the best my camera could do before losing focus. You may need to turn the brightness up on your laptop/monitor.

Right up front inside the nozzle are the two tiny BA's. Really awkward getting photo's, because the shell catches light and reflects at different angles.

But, in person you can see putting the red one in-particular up to sun light what's going on in there.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #128 of 722
Looks like the RBD did from your link. I didn't realize it had been physically changed. However this is the current unit from the Rhapsidio wedsite for the universal so your explanation doesn't jive. You can use bores for a # of things.

and their cutom version does as well when one lrger hole would meat your explanation fine.

Thanks. Seems they're different now.

trust me rdb+ is and always was dd in a dome + ba mounted below in a nozzle behind a mesh. the pics from their fb and site are examples of design possible for rdb (kinda like look pretty, our current flagship rdb plus can look like that) (colors and faceplates.) and errr those are usually pretty obviously multiba models, since they have no dd dome

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #129 of 722
Quote:
trust me rdb+ is and always was dd in a dome + ba mounted below in a nozzle behind a mesh. the pics from their fb and site are examples of design possible for rdb (kinda like look pretty, our current flagship rdb plus can look like that) (colors and faceplates.) and errr those are usually pretty obviously multiba models, since they have no dd dome

Yup no dual bores at least when they are still at my place. Not sure what sort of acid H20Fidelity could have in his ears however :wink:

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #130 of 722
Yup no dual bores at least when they are still at my place. Not sure what sort of acid H20Fidelity could have in his ears however :wink:

Don't worry about the acid, that washes off when I take them surfing with me in the afternoons. :wink:

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #131 of 722
I did do some durability tests e.g. traveling to work with them on, deliberating trying to take a nap with them etc...
tongue.gif
Proves that the silver cable that came with them really performed well~

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #132 of 722
Quote:

If you say so. Don't blame me for assuming the dedicated photos on the rdb page aren't rdb's LOL. http://rhapsodio-cmw.com/?p=11You can also see the dynamic driver in the bottom of the red unit pictured. Why would they show photos with those clear carbuncles anyway? How hard is it to put proper pics on your site? I'm not arguing that they have bores here if you tell me they don't but those are RBD's with bores shown. I'm not saying it's what they sell. They don't make anything else like them and have different dedicated photos for another upcoming custom. It's also not the only custom type hybrid on the market. Merlin, Rooth etc that all use bores so it's relatively common even if Rhapsodio does not.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #133 of 722
I have all my hopes for this thread on Anakachan (or others who can compare both iems without prejudice) ... People just couldn't believe the $500 RDB+ when they smell linkages with a $1k+ product.

No I haven't heard the 1+2. But all I see in this threads are people trying to prove they are not related / not related any more. Where are the sound impressions? Where are the sound comparisons? Man this is a joke.

On another hand, I read Anakachan's review on the 1Plus2 and hmm it does relate to my experience with the RDB+, where he said he desires a bit more mids, and we both agree on how detailed the respective IEM's can get. Got me interested in hearing the 1Plus2.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #134 of 722
the red n blue one there is maybe rdb or rdb plus (or rd - single dd), can't clearly see how quickly the nozzle angles, the other pics don't look like hybrids.
as to why - no idea, probably uploaded the pics a while ago when rdb was pre prod and wanted to show alt design options and should maybe update the site (and eerr post pics of rdb plus that are rdb plus)?
merlin and rooth ofc have tubes, but also have two twfks to route sound from.

at the end of the day I don't think ba nozzle mounting is novel per se (e.g non acrylic k3003 or h100...only so many places to put the ba lol), but the domed dd seems to be.(what makes the bass stand out)

the basic shape for rdb plus would be a wide sharply conical shape close to the nozzle (with the space above the dd) - owing to the dd dome and twfk mounted below it in the nozzle.
vs a longer protruding nozzle for typical tubed ba and all the drivers mounted inside a main cavity and tubed to the nozzle

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #135 of 722
Rhapsodio and Tralucent used to be partners.

Rhapsodio sold the RDB

Tralucent sold the 1plus2 (rev1)

They were identical.

You are reviewing the RDB+, a new product.
Anakchan reviewed the 1plus2 (rev2) which has been changed since the break up to a new product made in the Tralucents own place in comparison to them both using the same supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back