Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #586 of 722
Quote:
I don't know if it has been said but Charles is not in the Rhapsodio team anymore...

He sent me an email saying so...

Just hope my order has been transfered to Sammy...But from what I know from Charles it should be ok. 

OPS....... is his email still valid? :frowning2:

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #587 of 722
Yes it is but if you want some informations about your order or perhaps make new orders, better ask Sammy on FB. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #588 of 722
no, i meant no ordering but just keeping contact.

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #589 of 722
I don't think because Charles's email is the rhapsodio general address... but at this moment, yes you can because he is in charge to finish to make the lasts orders. 

Just ask him his private email. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #591 of 722
The 8BA + silver cables

RDB v1 mini

Shozy px-m1 amp

K2 amp

And as test sample, the 12 BA...but not sure about this last. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #593 of 722
i guess in next step Rhapsodio will place a 20BA IEM with nucleus platinum cabling and separate vent box, just be sure to check their site :-D

jokes aside i wish to see Rhapsodio developing a coherent product line and investing in fine tuning of popular models like v1 or R^2 instead of placing new models every week.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #594 of 722
Yes have the RDB and R^2 along with one of there BA based IEMs R1L or R2L and then a few different amps and you have a winning line up that is simple. Do not revise them every week and do not keep revealing successors. They need some composure and organisation i think, big time!

In other news i will be receiving and exciting order of:

RDB+ V1 Mini with new 7n OCC cable
R2D2
P&S Amp-S

at the beginning of next month from them so very excited.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #595 of 722
Quote:
Yes have the RDB and R^2 along with one of there BA based IEMs R1L or R2L and then a few different amps and you have a winning line up that is simple. Do not revise them every week and do not keep revealing successors. They need some composure and organisation i think, big time!

In other news i will be receiving and exciting order of:

RDB+ V1 Mini with new 7n OCC cable
R2D2
P&S Amp-S

at the beginning of next month from them so very excited.

great news mate, keep us posted about your audition findings of them :-D

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #597 of 722
Charles, I'll have the RDB v1 review done in a week so watch out. I also now know why you like AT so much and I'm getting the ATH-AD2000X tomorrow hopefully. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #600 of 722
Quote:

nice review, i wonder what you will say about bass and sub-bass when you will hear 1+2?
wink_face.gif

what i find a bit debatable is trebles which i find sometimes too aggressive and mechanical sounding while i agree about detailing and else.
mids for me where a bit forward, i would not call them recessed, in fact mids are slightly standing out compared to AKG K3003 or 1+2. agree about thinner mids you mentioned as overall v1 is less meatier sounding than i would have liked. however since v1 is more airy and delicate i find them especially stunning with small chamber acoustic music and some vocal works. it's really difficult to balance between delicate sounding and meaty sounding and v1 leans to be more delicate for me, which is fine as well.
bass, i do not know, compared to other IEMs bass on v1 has plenty of information and extends nicely. however once you K3003 and more so when you 1+2 you note that v1 does not have lower registers power (i mean church organ when i mean registers). this is where v1 must be tuned still to give bit by bit more information and projection of lower octaves.

i guess tuning crossover frequency (do not know technically how this on IEMs) could require bit more work from Rhapsodio. here i talk about loudspeaker analogy and i know some IEMs have no crossovers. still i wish there is better passing from mid to bass and i wish more refined and tamed trebles.... but i know H20 always liked it hot, so this all is about personal preferences.

what i like about V1 and similarly about 1+2 is that they are NOT shouting into your ear (like some other IEMs i heard) but create a coherent deep and wide stage. i would say even K3003 is not capable of bringing this feeling to me. this is why i believe V1 and 1+2 are very special IEMs in this regard.

mind this v1 has huge 2D stereo effect which translates into spacious musical presentation but i find it bit lacking 3D depth and layering. so v1 flattens bit the stage and moves everything close to you which on some material can be too much into your face. in this area i find 1+2 excells much better for me personally.

otherwise i found your review exactly the same way i hear v1 except for issues i mentioned.

as regards cabling for what is worth i much prefer copper braided cables to silver, v1 has little benefit from silver while trebles get some chilly pepper on them, so your findings about cables is pretty much what i heard. all IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back