Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #1,966 of 2,057
It is true, due to the trademark trouble we had, we were forced to retrieve all the Pandora Hope VI and IV from the market and change them to Sonorous VI and IV.
Basically, the drivers and design are exactly the same but there is a minor change to the VI sound signature.

Pandora Hope IV and VI were using different earpads.

Pandora Hope IV comes with earpads that are thicker while Pandora Hope VI comes with earpads that are thinner and softer.

But during the switch, both Sonorous IV and Sonorous VI are using the same thicker version earpads which was the default earpads for Pandora Hope IV.

Haha, actually the legal issue was not caused by the Avatar movie. It was from the another company based in the USA.

As mentioned above, yes, the earpads are different. There are actually 3 places being changed.

1. Earpads which also lead to a slight change to the sound signature.
2. There was an issue where the slider loosens after repetitive adjustments. We had increased the friction force which holds the cups for Sonorous version.
3. Change of logo. Pandora Hope logo featuring old "Final Audio Design" logo but Sonorous version starts to come with the new "Final" logo.

Hope this helps :)
I am happy to get definitive info about the switch after years wondering!

With their original pads (the thin ones from the Pandora Hope) the VI remain the best headphones I have ever heard until you get to the price point of the Abyss or Susvara. I still ended up replacing the pads with those from the Sonorous X, as I could no longer keep up with the treble peaks nor the pressure on my ears, but I keep those original pads preciously as they are the key to the kingdoms of audio heaven and hell.

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,967 of 2,057
I am happy to get definitive info about the switch after years wondering!

With their original pads (the thin ones from the Pandora Hope) the VI remain the best headphones I have ever heard until you get to the price point of the Abyss or Susvara. I still ended up replacing the pads with those from the Sonorous X, as I could no longer keep up with the treble peaks nor the pressure on my ears, but I keep those original pads preciously as they are the key to the kingdoms of audio heaven and hell.

I agree. After owning around 30 sets of headphones, I've ended up only keep a few, which include Final Sonorus IV and the Susvara.

Just finished replacing my disintegrating faux leather headband on the Final VI, in conjunction with new earpads and headset cable I should be set for years to come.

Attachments

• IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #1,973 of 2,057
130_ext_08_en_2.jpg

these ones
I gave up on getting an authentic Final balanced cable. It was like $779 USD from Audio46 Headphones, more than I paid for the cans.
Hello, sorry for my late response. I think there might be some misunderstanding over there.
The $779 cable might be the silver-coated upgrade cable instead of the original OFC Cable as shown in the photo.
The OFC cable should be around $249 for 3.5mm/1.5m and $349 for 6.3mm/3.0m.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion.

May 22, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #1,977 of 2,057
I know this has been done over, but what's the opinion on pads? I would like obviously good sound, value and longevity.
Particular link to the products appreciated.
I use the final type C. It significally changes the sound. It has holes on the inner side and with some glue tape you can easily mod the sound by covering some of the holes. This way you can increase bass if needed. Im my case I made two additional holes on the outer side of the pads to make the sound more soft and airy. I also cut holes on the pads for the BA drivers and removed the metal mesh. This adds more clarity to the highs. With these mods it sounds way better than out of the box. No harsh highs at all but space speed energy and air.

May 31, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #1,978 of 2,057
I know this has been done over, but what's the opinion on pads? I would like obviously good sound, value and longevity.
Particular link to the products appreciated.
Yeah me too would like to know more about this. I'm late to the party, but I bought a used Pandora Hope IV (not the VI) from a friend recently, would like to know:

1. Main differences between the IV and the VI.
2. What types of pad works best for the IV.
3. Any pads from outside of Final Audio that's great with the IV (I remember reading from somewhere that some Shure and Brainwavz pads works well with it. Any actual testimony?

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #1,979 of 2,057
it works, and it's now 50% off. pretty good deal. I don't find it too bright.
Thanks a lot for the hint. I bought it, too but I received it not..it’ll took some days. I have one question. Did someone know a good adapter from the meze cable with 2.5mm jack plug to 3.5mm jack plug. Because I don't want to destroy the good properties of the Meze cable with a bad adapter.

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #1,980 of 2,057
Thanks a lot for the hint. I bought it, too but I received it not..it’ll took some days. I have one question. Did someone know a good adapter from the meze cable with 2.5mm jack plug to 3.5mm jack plug. Because I don't want to destroy the good properties of the Meze cable with a bad adapter.

I use one from ddHifi - DJ35A. you can look it up on AliExpress (DD Official Store)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back