Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Sep 6, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,998 of 2,057
Sep 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #1,999 of 2,057
IBasso DX220 Max can’t drive T1 gen2?
I had dx220 with t5p gen2. Sonically it wasnt perfect match. Didn't had balanced cable that time to try with beyer. Proper source and amplification is the key to these headphones. VIs also doesn't play good with everything. Currently I'm listening on combo xduoo xd-05 plus with little bear b4-x. I like it more than dx220. Didn't had max version.

Sep 7, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #2,000 of 2,057
T5 gen2 arrived and I don’t like to much with Shanling M6 pro, but with iBasso DX220 Max has better marching.
DX220 Max has a different tuning to any other iBasso.
Anyway I Still prefer Pandora Hope VI with Invictus SILVER plated cable, has an amazing match with M6 pro.
I love Pandora Hope VI because is lively and dynamic, maybe not a reference sound but very close to live event.
If I like this sound signature will I find with VIII or X?
I think D8000 would be a different beast.

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #2,001 of 2,057
T5 gen2 arrived and I don’t like to much with Shanling M6 pro, but with iBasso DX220 Max has better marching.
DX220 Max has a different tuning to any other iBasso.
Anyway I Still prefer Pandora Hope VI with Invictus SILVER plated cable, has an amazing match with M6 pro.
I love Pandora Hope VI because is lively and dynamic, maybe not a reference sound but very close to live event.
If I like this sound signature will I find with VIII or X?
I think D8000 would be a different beast.
Problem with VIII and X is that they very hard to nearly impossible to get second hand. If you like VIs sound signature I would suggest to get them some better amplification and source. I love them with tube amplification. You can use your portable players as a source to try if this is the path for you.

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #2,002 of 2,057
I’m enjoying a lot also Klipsch HP3 with Shanling M6 pro that match better than iBasso Dx220 Max, strange but true!

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,003 of 2,057
I bought my VI new, Maybe I’ll find an VIII demo in some local store that doesn’t sell it and get a deal🥳

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,004 of 2,057
Hi all, this has been a very thread to follow. I am current trying to decide between the Sonorous VI and the Fostex TH610. Unfortunately I can’t get to demo either headphone. Has anyone compared the two? At the moment (here in Australia) the Sonorous VI are $799 and the TH610’s are $699. For reference I currently have the Hifiman HE4XX and Sony MDR-Z7M2 (I sold my Oppo PM3’s to fund these at a great price). I like the 4XX for the acoustic/old school rock/classical and the Z7M2 for that bass hit or when I just want something low volume and unobtrusive on in the background.
I am after a closed back, with a bit more detail and a bit more ‘tidy’ and less I s’pose veiled then the Sony’s (I liken them to listening to Jim’s Hendrix through a tube amp). Any thoughts would be most welcome. And for info, the same store has Focal Elegia (with bundled Dragonfly Red) for $999.

Oct 13, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #2,006 of 2,057
Hello, does someone know how to contact Final Audio ? I tried to send them an email but I have no answer. My headband is crumbling...
Where did you buy yours? It seems their new official rep in France is Son-video. Otherwise try PMing @Final Audio here - they have one of the best community managers I’ve ever seen but he hasn’t been active for some weeks.

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #2,007 of 2,057
Where did you buy yours? It seems their new official rep in France is Son-video. Otherwise try PMing @Final Audio here - they have one of the best community managers I’ve ever seen but he hasn’t been active for some weeks.
It's old, I don't remember. I sent them an email in May and they answered once and since I have no news, they don't reply.

Nov 19, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,008 of 2,057
Yep! Of the other two, one is uncomfortable and makes the sound energetic but spikey, while the other one is said to degrade SQ. The C combine comfort and a tamer sound, and yes they keep the driver further from the ear.
Thaks for this info...just got the Sonorous Vi and the driver is too damn close...its always clipping my ears which sucks.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #2,009 of 2,057
Thaks for this info...just got the Sonorous Vi and the driver is too damn close...its always clipping my ears which sucks.
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy your VI. Keep those original pads at hand though - they are part of the magic, and depending on your posture and listening conditions they may prove bearable sometimes and let you experience a different take on the headphones’ sound. But yeah I literally had sore ears sometimes wearing mine for extended sessions.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #2,010 of 2,057
Will do....the sound out the VI is sublime and incredible with the stock pads. I wonder what the changes will be with the Type-Cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back