Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #1,952 of 2,057
Effect Whaoouuu ! yes, what a change ! I´m warmly pushing everyone of these headphones owner´s to get this cable, it´s giving a plus in sound stage, sound definition and clarity, I could I´ve saved some money not purchasing AM5 for my Fiio X7II if I used this cable before ! a must have :gs1000smile:

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #1,954 of 2,057
It´s worth it depending of the usage, in mint conditions it´s still a bargain at around 250/350 $ (and €) range.
And after you can have a better confort changing pads (personally ZMF) and finding a balanced cable like the Meze Audio.
At the end, don´t know if the sound is holographic, as I never used Planar headphones, but the sound out of these cans is
much more detailed, dynamic and enjoyable than many other expensive ones.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #1,956 of 2,057
Well they are quite differents, HD660S are open, maybe a better soundstage but they really need an amp to give their best, and are quite comfy as rather lightweight.
I prefer my Sonorous VI when connected directly to the DAP (or your phone), don´t need that much power (16 Ohms impedance), the sound it´s much detailed in the midrange and a bit bright considering the highs. The comfort is the point as they are quite heavy (460gr), but when you find the good combination between new pads/headband you can use them for hours. Using both at home, for the Sonorous size and the HD660s long cable (3m !)

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #1,957 of 2,057
16ohm? They're 8ohm, and the current requirement at 8ohms means they'll clip with some sources, as well as exhibit frequency response weirdness with many. While they'll get plenty loud with most anything, they won't necessarily be driven anywhere near their potential from a good many sources.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,958 of 2,057
pads sold

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,959 of 2,057
Hello everyone! I've recently bought used Pandora Hope 6 and currently use them with cayin i5. I listen mostly to jazz, old rock and classic. Well, I love their smooth sound very much, they are vary detailed and very emotional.
I have two questions.

1) Today I went to a very respected manufacturer of custom DACs and headphone amps (Myst), and the owner listened to them and he told me that he hadn't liked them because of very sharp Highs and very weak Mids. The bass was rather good to him.
What do you think about this?
2) well, I think that truly the hi's are rather overwhelmed, especially in jazz. Can it be because of the custom pads that the previous owner put? (see the attached file)
Could you recommend decent pads for them? To strength the mids and to reduce the hi's. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200312_225528.jpg
    20200312_225528.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200312_225519.jpg
    20200312_225519.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #1,960 of 2,057
Hello everyone! I've recently bought used Pandora Hope 6 and currently use them with cayin i5. I listen mostly to jazz, old rock and classic. Well, I love their smooth sound very much, they are vary detailed and very emotional.
I have two questions.

1) Today I went to a very respected manufacturer of custom DACs and headphone amps (Myst), and the owner listened to them and he told me that he hadn't liked them because of very sharp Highs and very weak Mids. The bass was rather good to him.
What do you think about this?
2) well, I think that truly the hi's are rather overwhelmed, especially in jazz. Can it be because of the custom pads that the previous owner put? (see the attached file)
Could you recommend decent pads for them? To strength the mids and to reduce the hi's. Thanks in advance.
Hello, well as I stated in my previous comments, due to the low impedance (8/16ohms) it´s better to avoid any basic amp, they don´t need anything to enhance their small defects (a bit bright tend to go towards sharp highs !) I assume with more sofisticated DAC/Amps you could adjust/Equalize and correct it. I´m using my VI´s directly with the DAP or the MAC (Audirvana) and it´s fine. Listening Classical mainly (and old Rock as I´m 63 :) ).
I also changed the original pads with the ZMF lambskin + Head Band, changed a bit the sound, more neutral and improved a lot comfort. (Have a look also at Dekoni pads)
Last improvment the Meze Audio balanced cable 2,5mm, very useful, worth it !
Hope this wil help you to enjoy them !

Attachments

• IMG_8748.JPG
    IMG_8748.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #1,961 of 2,057
Hello, well as I stated in my previous comments, due to the low impedance (8/16ohms) it´s better to avoid any basic amp, they don´t need anything to enhance their small defects (a bit bright tend to go towards sharp highs !) I assume with more sofisticated DAC/Amps you could adjust/Equalize and correct it. I´m using my VI´s directly with the DAP or the MAC (Audirvana) and it´s fine. Listening Classical mainly (and old Rock as I´m 63 :) ).
I also changed the original pads with the ZMF lambskin + Head Band, changed a bit the sound, more neutral and improved a lot comfort. (Have a look also at Dekoni pads)
Last improvment the Meze Audio balanced cable 2,5mm, very useful, worth it !
Hope this wil help you to enjoy them !

I swapped out my pads for a set of Ether c - totally fixes the treble. I'm using a Meze audio headset cable so I can use these for meetings in the home office. Glad I read this post because the fake leather head band is starting to deteriorate. I was actually planning on unstitching the original head band, copy the shape with lambskin leather and restitch, but now I'll save myself the trouble and purchase the ZMF headband pad.

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #1,962 of 2,057
Hey guys, I'm keen on getting a used Pandora VI from a seller locally, but he'd stated that due to the tropical climate in my country, the leather (or leather-like) skin had peeled off leaving something like a cloth like material. this ha[[ened to both the earpads and headband, so now, after looking at the pics @pipopl had posted, I can remedy the situation with that ZMF headband and pads, but is it worth the extra cost, btw, seller's selling the can at about 246USD....

Just outta curiosity, I've seen the Pandora VI and the Sonorous VI, they look exactly alike to my untrained eyes, is the Sonorous VI an MD deal?

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,963 of 2,057
Hey guys, I'm keen on getting a used Pandora VI from a seller locally, but he'd stated that due to the tropical climate in my country, the leather (or leather-like) skin had peeled off leaving something like a cloth like material. this ha[[ened to both the earpads and headband, so now, after looking at the pics @pipopl had posted, I can remedy the situation with that ZMF headband and pads, but is it worth the extra cost, btw, seller's selling the can at about 246USD....

Just outta curiosity, I've seen the Pandora VI and the Sonorous VI, they look exactly alike to my untrained eyes, is the Sonorous VI an MD deal?
they are the same pair of cans. the change is for trademark purposes, i believe. look it up in the earlier pages

Apr 8, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #1,964 of 2,057

Great price if they are in good condition. The Sonorous are the same headphones as the Pandora Hope, after the legal people from the Avatar movie forced them to switch names (there’s a planet called Pandora in the movie or something?). Things may not be totally straightforward, as I’ve read the Sonorous VI use different pads from the Pandora Hope (namely those from the IV). This changes their signature, not necessarily for the better, but makes them more comfortable. If you have access to spare pads and can get confirmation, a fine addition to your purchase would be pads from the original VI - hard on the ears physically, more piercing in the treble, but excellent sounding; and those from the X, which are compatible, tame the treble and the energy and feel great.

Actually, @Final Audio, would you mind shedding light on the pads question? Is it true that the Sonorous VI pads differ from the Pandora Hope VI ones, and that it is their only difference?

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #1,965 of 2,057
they are the same pair of cans. the change is for trademark purposes, i believe. look it up in the earlier pages
It is true, due to the trademark trouble we had, we were forced to retrieve all the Pandora Hope VI and IV from the market and change them to Sonorous VI and IV.
Basically, the drivers and design are exactly the same but there is a minor change to the VI sound signature.

Pandora Hope IV and VI were using different earpads.

Pandora Hope IV comes with earpads that are thicker while Pandora Hope VI comes with earpads that are thinner and softer.

But during the switch, both Sonorous IV and Sonorous VI are using the same thicker version earpads which was the default earpads for Pandora Hope IV.

Great price if they are in good condition. The Sonorous are the same headphones as the Pandora Hope, after the legal people from the Avatar movie forced them to switch names (there’s a planet called Pandora in the movie or something?). Things may not be totally straightforward, as I’ve read the Sonorous VI use different pads from the Pandora Hope (namely those from the IV). This changes their signature, not necessarily for the better, but makes them more comfortable. If you have access to spare pads and can get confirmation, a fine addition to your purchase would be pads from the original VI - hard on the ears physically, more piercing in the treble, but excellent sounding; and those from the X, which are compatible, tame the treble and the energy and feel great.

Actually, @Final Audio, would you mind shedding light on the pads question? Is it true that the Sonorous VI pads differ from the Pandora Hope VI ones, and that it is their only difference?
Haha, actually the legal issue was not caused by the Avatar movie. It was from the another company based in the USA.

As mentioned above, yes, the earpads are different. There are actually 3 places being changed.

1. Earpads which also lead to a slight change to the sound signature.
2. There was an issue where the slider loosens after repetitive adjustments. We had increased the friction force which holds the cups for Sonorous version.
3. Change of logo. Pandora Hope logo featuring old "Final Audio Design" logo but Sonorous version starts to come with the new "Final" logo.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back