Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 23, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,876 of 2,057
I’ve almost sold these cans five or six times but listening to them now I have to conclude I must be crazy,especially for the price I was asking! These are almost as good as anything I have..out of a iPhone 6s

They scale up well with better electronics. I used an iPhone to burn mine in, and afterwards, listened critically and found the sound very much to my liking. When I then used my AK240SS, the VI sounded much better.

Feb 25, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,877 of 2,057
I seem to have an issue with one of the drivers. When the cups suction there is a crinkling sound. That driver is kinda quieter. It still reproduces sounds semi ok. It just sounds like the unaffected driver is louder or stronger.

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,879 of 2,057
So I needed to return mine due to not (always) working right side drivers but I was still able to give them several hours of burning in/ testing them. About the sound quality I must admit that almost all the pros and cons read in this thread are correct.
I like the energy the space/imaging the speed the IEM-ish level of details and the general richness of its sound. It is really an emotion full presentation. On the other hand I find the treble just a bit too aggressive and the bass emphasized and uncontrolled to my taste.
I am blown away in general but would like to tune it with ear pad swap. So I need a bit more polite highs with signifacantly less bass rumble.
Are the type C pads the way to go or could you recommend something else?

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,880 of 2,057
So I needed to return mine due to not (always) working right side drivers but I was still able to give them several hours of burning in/ testing them. About the sound quality I must admit that almost all the pros and cons read in this thread are correct.
I like the energy the space/imaging the speed the IEM-ish level of details and the general richness of its sound. It is really an emotion full presentation. On the other hand I find the treble just a bit too aggressive and the bass emphasized and uncontrolled to my taste.
I am blown away in general but would like to tune it with ear pad swap. So I need a bit more polite highs with signifacantly less bass rumble.

I bought mine used so cant return and im selling them for parts lol.

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #1,881 of 2,057

The recommended pads were:

Type B
Sh840
Ether C
Angled Hm5 (No these are horrible)

I used the sh840 pads on mine. They were good. Old if they would have been the end all but they were better than the stock pad A.

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,882 of 2,057
The recommended pads were:

Type B
Sh840
Ether C
Angled Hm5 (No these are horrible)

I used the sh840 pads on mine. They were good. Old if they would have been the end all but they were better than the stock pad A.
Thanks,
But as far as I understand these pads are good if you want to increase comfort without changing SQ.
I dont have any comfort issues but want to tune the sound character a bit.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,884 of 2,057
Hi

I've just bought a pair of Sonorous VI's. I have a couple of questions. Do they benefit from burn-in and can anyone recommend some balanced cables at various price points that I can choose from?

Regards

Darren

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #1,885 of 2,057
Hi

I've just bought a pair of Sonorous VI's. I have a couple of questions. Do they benefit from burn-in and can anyone recommend some balanced cables at various price points that I can choose from?

Regards

Darren
Hi Darren,

I had mine for just a couple of days but the treble section became significantly smoother after arround 15-20 hours. Then I returned them due to a contact failure.
I am now waiting for my replacement and will use them whith Forza balanced cables.
How are your first impressions btw?

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,886 of 2,057
Hi

I find them harsh in the treble and muddled in the upper mids. Bass seems fine. I am confident they will calm down, however, having now read a few reviews. As you mentioned the burn-in period isn't that long with about 24 ish hours being the time when they seem to settle down.

I like and have used Forza cables on headphones in the past and have just been on their site. Can you point me in the right direction as to connectors? I'm after a 2.5mm balanced termination for my Questyle QP2R.

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,887 of 2,057
Hi

I find them harsh in the treble and muddled in the upper mids. Bass seems fine. I am confident they will calm down, however, having now read a few reviews. As you mentioned the burn-in period isn't that long with about 24 ish hours being the time when they seem to settle down.

I like and have used Forza cables on headphones in the past and have just been on their site. Can you point me in the right direction as to connectors? I'm after a 2.5mm balanced termination for my Questyle QP2R.

Regards

Darren

I also found the treble a bit harsh even after my short burn in but much softer than at the beginning. My bigger concern is the bass. It is just too much for me and I would prefer better controll there. I ordered the type c ear pads cause it should calm down trebles and bass as well. Will give a feedback about it.
I discussed with Matt from Forza. He told me that Final HPs need 100-200 hours to completely calm the treble.
He confirmed that they have special longer 3.5mm connector which work well whith Final lock system cans. They also have the 2.5mm balanced connector. He recommended the Noir Hybrid cable to pair whith the sonorous.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #1,888 of 2,057
Hi

Regards

Darren

My best setup for Sonorous VI is:

- Official Final type C pads. Mine came with type A
- Official meze balanced cable for 99 series occ copper

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,889 of 2,057
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Meze is out of stock with their balanced copper, unfortunately. What difference do the type c pads make over the stock type a?

Regards

Darren

Edit: I've just seen a description of the various pads on Final Audio's site and have ordered a set of "C" pads from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #1,890 of 2,057
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Meze is out of stock with their balanced copper, unfortunately. What difference do the type c pads make over the stock type a?

Regards

Darren

Edit: I've just seen a description of the various pads on Final Audio's site and have ordered a set of "C" pads from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk.

I made the change a long time ago. But from what I remember, less amount of bass but better control and a little less brightness in the highs. Waiting for your impressions.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back