Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 3, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #1,711 of 2,057
I have the ZMF cowhide pads and while I've not put them on the VI's, everything else I've had them on has decreased the treble and increased the bass. So if you want a darker sound from the VI's, they'd be perfect.

May i ask how is the sound with the ZMF cowhide pads? Does it change much form the original pads? I want to change the pads on my pair but not sure what to try

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,712 of 2,057

May i ask how is the sound with the ZMF cowhide pads? Does it change much form the original pads? I want to change the pads on my pair but not sure what to try

The soundstage has increased, mids a little less, treble slightly more sparkly, bass about same. I very much like them

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1,713 of 2,057
Hi

Are there any pads that stop the slight sound leakage, as I like the sound, but would like to use them instead of my IEM's on occasion.

My set is new so hopefully you know the size of pads I have, as I understand there are two.

Regards

Darren

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,714 of 2,057
Hi, 
I just listened to the Sonorous VI's at NY CanJam and fell in love and am looking to purchase a pair. I was just wondering, though, if the Pandora Hope VI's had any differences other than just the name because I don't want to purchase a pair of PHVI's and get a totally different product. Also, I read that the pads on these seem to be a problem, has anyone tried the HM5 pads on these and if so what do they do to the headphones sound wise?
Thanks.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #1,715 of 2,057
  My Hope VI was pretty much collecting dust in the closet since I bought the Focal Elear. Then I read your post on the Shure pads, decide to give it a shot...

WOW. I got them last night, slapped them on and it's a whole new ballgame. The comfort is the first game changer. The greater cushioning and diameter give a better fit around the ears and the space between the drivers. 

If that wasn't enough, as you said, it increases the soundstage without losing much of the sound signature. The tradeoff in small detail loss is insignificant in what you gain.

It now earns it's spot right alongside the Elear. No more closet dwelling!

Hi, 
I just listened to the Sonorous VI's at NY CanJam and fell in love and am looking to purchase a pair. I was just wondering, though, if the Pandora Hope VI's had any differences other than just the name because I don't want to purchase a pair of PHVI's and get a totally different product. Also, I read that the pads on these seem to be a problem, has anyone tried the HM5 pads on these and if so what do they do to the headphones sound wise?
Thanks.

The Shure Alcantra pads are amazing as far as comfort goes, but I found them lacking in terms of sound quality the longer I had them on. Eventually ended up with the Brainwavz Angled Pads and think they're a fantastic match. Here's what I said about them a few months ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696821/reviews-impressions-thread-final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-interesting-dynamic-ba-full-size-headphones/1650#post_13087250

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,716 of 2,057
Hi, 
Thanks.

Hi. .. I'm at CanJam as well, and have the older, Pandora version of the VI at home. From what I'm told, they're identical sounding, but there were improvements made on the slide mechanism for size adjustment. Some folks have to use rubber bands to keep them The Size they want (mine are like that, but I have a small head, so just keep them as small as they go).

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #1,717 of 2,057
So, the Sonorous VI doesn't have the wobble of the Pandora Hope VI? 

Also, how does this compare to the V-Moda M-100?

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,718 of 2,057
I haven't tried the Sonorous VI, but the rep at CamJam told me that was the main change aside from the name, sonically they should be the same. The Sonorous 3, which I have used, does not have that mechanism issue. (nor did the 10)
(haven't heard the V-Moda)

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #1,719 of 2,057
Very very interesting, could you send me code number of this Shure pads?

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #1,720 of 2,057
FINAL-ly arrived!
dt880smile.png

Listened only 2-3 hours with iPhone and Spotify, but i love this sound signature!
Treble and Bass depens on how u dress Pandora more than Others Headphones, i think it's due to the tweeter position.

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,723 of 2,057

From my searching online I found a couple of connectors that should work for reaching into the cups. The first one will definitely work but it is pretty expensive at $27 for a pair.

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=190

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262573670752?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm going to try the cheaper ones first. If they work I will let everyone here know!

So, I got the cheap china connectors and they are a little to short to work. I ended up buying the doublehelix ones and they work great! I made a 6' balanced cable with the connectors.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,725 of 2,057
I recently have been having an issue with my right headphone wire causing static and cutting out. I looked for a replacement and this is the cost of the stock replacement. After shipping and tax it would run me around $65. I just started working again after a period of unemployment and I can't spend that much. I am wondering if there is a cheaper way I can get this fixed. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back