Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #362 of 2,057
When is Pandora heavenVI.v2 coming out? :)

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #363 of 2,057
When is Pandora heavenVI.v2 coming out? :)

V2?!.... I'm getting my "V1's" in 5 days. Not looking to break my bank so I hope theres nothing to improve on besides a new product. 
eek.gif

EDIT:
For some reason I read hope. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #364 of 2,057

They are announcing a Pandora Hope X to be coming soon.

EDIT: Strangely enough I only found this on the Belgium and the Netherlands Homepage.
Maybe only for the European Market ??  No - that would make no sense.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #368 of 2,057
^yeah but it's gonna be stupid expensive.

Yep. It's a luxury item for people who want a headphone that's half sound product and half art piece. Which I'm totally down with, but I really do not believe the Hope X is something someone should buy because they're primarily focused on the sonic experience. 

Remember the PH6 is $700, the Murasama VIII was $8,000. It's a safe bet the PHX is gonna land somewhere in between, and I'd be willing to bet not on the PH6 side. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #369 of 2,057
Also true, and on top to that it looks as if even more metall was used compared to the PHVI - which means that the earshells will probably move even easier than on the VI.

On the other hand - still curious about the sound, can't help it.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #370 of 2,057
i think FAD had corrected the slider tension enough on the IV,  

tried the VI again, begin to notice the slidedown onto my ears...
dun feel like tying rubberbands to stop the slide. :p
But the sound is just so "RIGHT" to my ears...sighh.

The X has more gloss, ( brass? ).  i  like the looks of it.
Brass cant cost that much more...rite? 

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #373 of 2,057
If memory serves, the Muramasa was limited to like 100 units and was just as much art exhibit as headphone. I'm not gonna lie, I'd love a pair just to have them on a stand. They were apparently horribly uncomfortable, but hey. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #374 of 2,057
I have about 30 hours burn-in on the Hope VI. The clarity, timbre, and clarity in this headphone is just amazing. I think this is one of the best headphones I've ever heard for crisp natural sounding drums and percussion instruments. The echo and reverb is right on point. And the texture of horn and brass instruments is mesmerizing. There may be better sounding headphones out there, but I don't think I need to hear them. This is just satisfying to my ears on so many levels (width, space between instruments, natural sounding vocals, depth, headstage, and comfort). Well done FAD!

And actually having heard FAD's top of the line BA earphone that goes for about $1K, I think you can't beat this headphone, bargain-wise, if you can find it new for about $600. Yes, I think the sound is a bargain at about $600 (I know it retails for higher than that amount). Actually, I would still recommend it if you have the extra $200 to shell out for the retail price.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #375 of 2,057
Like I've said before, I had a credit card in my hand ready to pick up some LCD2s or something along those lines. It's impossible to overstate just how happy I am I went with the PH6 instead. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back