Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Mar 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #241 of 2,057
So what's the verdict on pad upgrades? I got a pair of these incoming and I'm curious what we're saying our best option is...

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #243 of 2,057
  can't say much on SRH840's pads, its slightly, very slightly warmer but overal sound stays the same (at least for me). still waiting for the official FAD's new pad to arrive.

Where'd you order them? FAD's online store isn't in English so I have no idea how to navigate. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #245 of 2,057
Okay, I just got these in the mail (HUGE ups to grizzlybeast for a smooth sale). I'll give a big review later, but here's my fly-by:

1) Good lord these are big.

2) I don't see a problem with the earpads. Yeah, the edge of my ears touches the plastic over the driver, but whatever. Not concerned. As long as I'm not moving my head around a ton it's not an issue.

3) These aren't basshead cans, but that's only because everything else is so clear as well. The bass on some Gucci Mane tracks can POUND.

4) Holy mids, Batman. Vocals are crystal.

5) I have no idea where the crossover happens.

6) The way the cups swivel and spin around on the headband is weird as hell.

7) Possibly the best headphones for heavy metal I've ever heard. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #246 of 2,057
Actually, that's pretty much the review, there. But they are goddang amazing. I'll probably try some other pads, but even without I've been wearing them for about two hours no problem. 

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #247 of 2,057
Oh by the way. I noticed no one put up a pic of them like this, but I thought it was kinda cool seeing the inside of the cup with the BAD. Sort of explains why they're not terribly comfortable, since THIS is what your ear is up against.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #248 of 2,057
So I bought these replacement pads for $11 shipped: http://amzn.com/B00HBSNUO2

Guess what? They work like a dream. No need to spend $30 on official BD pads. Aside from the small issue of the cups sliding down the headband if I move around too much, I'm ready to call these things perfect home-listening headphones.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #249 of 2,057
Nice...

I have had so much work that I haven't been posting much (or long entries) here (nor anywhere actually).
I do have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed these headphones!!
I might try them again later on (maybe in like June or whenever I get LFF Enigma's...) and will definitely try them with better/comfortable pads.!
Those look a-Ok.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #250 of 2,057
So I bought these replacement pads for $11 shipped: http://amzn.com/B00HBSNUO2

Guess what? They work like a dream. No need to spend $30 on official BD pads. Aside from the small issue of the cups sliding down the headband if I move around too much, I'm ready to call these things perfect home-listening headphones.

Thanks for the link. I'll need to search for these in the uk but that's a nice cheap alternative.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #251 of 2,057
Thanks for the link. I'll need to search for these in the uk but that's a nice cheap alternative.

Yeah, these are probably the most underreported high-end headphone I'm aware of. There are only SIX videos on YouTube about them, three in English and only one is an actual review. There's only one store in the entire Western Hemisphere that carries them (IRiver), and three reviews that I can find with several message board posts from the one guy who did a YouTube review. They're practically nonexistent, which is a shame because they're AMAZING headphones. 

Although I have to admit, I feel a little more special for having them as a result, since they're probably the rarest headphone I will EVER see anyone with outside of something like the Orpheus. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #252 of 2,057
Agree-- it feels very exclusive to own a set of this headphone. I can't foresee selling in a long, long time. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #253 of 2,057
Yeah, these are probably the most underreported high-end headphone I'm aware of. There are only SIX videos on YouTube about them, three in English and only one is an actual review. There's only one store in the entire Western Hemisphere that carries them (IRiver), and three reviews that I can find with several message board posts from the one guy who did a YouTube review. They're practically nonexistent, which is a shame because they're AMAZING headphones. 

Although I have to admit, I feel a little more special for having them as a result, since they're probably the rarest headphone I will EVER see anyone with outside of something like the Orpheus. 

I ll buy em from you!:wink: I could see myself buying these again. For reals though. Glad you like them. People follow trends and miss out on the real goods.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #254 of 2,057
I ll buy em from you!
wink.gif
I could see myself buying these again. For reals though. Glad you like them. People follow trends and miss out on the real goods.

LOL maybe we should get like a time-share pool going. No way I'm ever giving these up. And thanks again for the sale. I'd been looking around for my one "summit-fi" type purchase and just couldn't settle on anything, then your ad just appeared as if by good fortune. And the replacement pads definitely helped. MIGHT have to do the rubber band trick but I'm not sure it's actually an issue or if I'm just trying to sit the things on my head higher up than I should.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #255 of 2,057

LOL maybe we should get like a time-share pool going. No way I'm ever giving these up. And thanks again for the sale. I'd been looking around for my one "summit-fi" type purchase and just couldn't settle on anything, then your ad just appeared as if by good fortune. And the replacement pads definitely helped. MIGHT have to do the rubber band trick but I'm not sure it's actually an issue or if I'm just trying to sit the things on my head higher up than I should.

deadhorse.gif

what  replacement pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back