Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Mar 12, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #182 of 2,057
Really?? The Pandora Hope X is lighter? Can you link me the specs?

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #183 of 2,057
  Really?? The Pandora Hope X is lighter? Can you link me the specs?

oh woops... I thought you meant the hope 4

I wonder what that muramasa thing is?
blink.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #184 of 2,057
Oh it's cool, not a problem. The Muramasa was FAD's extremely expensive, extremely uncomfortable, extremely limited run first headphone that barely anyone had a chance to listen to. I think MuppetFace was one of those few lucky people. Some of the tech included in the Muramasa has trickled down to the Pandora Hope line apparently.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #185 of 2,057
  Oh it's cool, not a problem. The Muramasa was FAD's extremely expensive, extremely uncomfortable, extremely limited run first headphone that barely anyone had a chance to listen to. I think MuppetFace was one of those few lucky people. Some of the tech included in the Muramasa has trickled down to the Pandora Hope line apparently.

oh okay

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #186 of 2,057
Will be interesting to see how IV turns out, I think this thread could very well concern both, would be pointless to create a new thread for Pandora IV.

Wonder what the pricing will be like on more reasonable places like japan's amazon. Maybe $400'ish (Pandora VI is like $512 lowest atm).

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #187 of 2,057
  I was looking for earpad updates on the website and found these have just been added....not sure if they are on sale yet but I assume they are in the process of distributing as they weren't listed a couple of weeks ago. Not on the UK dealer website. They look like a vast improvement...I would wait for them.
http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/2086
Earpads look firmer (deeper....hmm maybe not, maybe just firmer) and the overall HP is lighter : D
I want that one!!

I definitely prefer the looks of the VI !

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #188 of 2,057
Yeah I would agree but in terms of comfort and portability the IV looks like a winner. For me it doesn't really compare at all if the SQ is going to be of a lesser quality. I love my PHVI A LOT : D

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #189 of 2,057
Yeah - I also love the sound and I am trying to get an improvement for the comfort issues.

Final Audio support in Europe at elast answered to my email. Maybe ther is some news re the earpad repalcement soon. I'll keep You posted.

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #191 of 2,057
  Yeah - I also love the sound and I am trying to get an improvement for the comfort issues.

Final Audio support in Europe at elast answered to my email. Maybe ther is some news re the earpad repalcement soon. I'll keep You posted.

Awesome, please do! I looked at e-mailing them but they had a disclaimer saying 'sorry we can't answer every e-mail' hah, What....

I don't find them too uncomfortable but some firmer pads might be nice....probably change the sound quite a bit too though.
  Guys, I'm going to audition the Pandora IV tomorrow with Chord Hugo. Will report back.

Damn I wish there was somewhere I could try out hp's!

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #192 of 2,057
First impressions: very very heavy!!! (Yes, heavier than Perfect Sound Dido's which are mostly metal as well, and heavier than the Alpha Dogs from MrSpeakers...). I guess those two are helped by their floating headband/strap. But the weigh isn't really a big deal, I mean... come on... I'M A MAN!! BRING SOME!! LOL. :wink: 
Seriously though, as previously mentioned, pads are just not the best feeling on the ears. They are pleasant but too soft and after a few minutes they are already pressing on the ears and you feel the plastic/metal cup that the earpad TRIES to surround... I use glasses as well so, maybe that's helping with the lack of comfort, but the earpads are just not deep enough! :frowning2:

Can't judge sound yet since I got them like an hour ago! :wink:
I can say though that it sounds airy, with good imaging and a good overall balance (tone). It's neither too bright, nor warm. Like it so far.

Mar 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #194 of 2,057
  First impressions: very very heavy!!! (Yes, heavier than Perfect Sound Dido's which are mostly metal as well, and heavier than the Alpha Dogs from MrSpeakers...). I guess those two are helped by their floating headband/strap. But the weigh isn't really a big deal, I mean... come on... I'M A MAN!! BRING SOME!! LOL. :wink: 
Seriously though, as previously mentioned, pads are just not the best feeling on the ears. They are pleasant but too soft and after a few minutes they are already pressing on the ears and you feel the plastic/metal cup that the earpad TRIES to surround... I use glasses as well so, maybe that's helping with the lack of comfort, but the earpads are just not deep enough! :frowning2:

Can't judge sound yet since I got them like an hour ago! :wink:
I can say though that it sounds airy, with good imaging and a good overall balance (tone). It's neither too bright, nor warm. Like it so far.

This part is UNANIMOUS and hopefully they fix it soon.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #195 of 2,057
I managed to spend some time with the Pandora IV today. Here're some early impressions:

1. It's noticeably lighter, and more comfortable due to the firmer pads.
  2. It looks quite cool too with its black cups.
  3. Slightly less detailed than Pandora VI and it is still very good in terms of treble and resolution.

Here's the best news for Pandora VI owners 
biggrin.gif

1. Pandora IV's bass is really poor as compared to the Pandora VI. 
  2. Pretty muddy and lacked of impact and texture.
  3. I hope it's not because that it's not burn-in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back