Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #166 of 2,057
I know, i know, but the thought that i could've had them for that rediculous price and that others managed to get them for that makes it nearly impossible to pull the trigger now, knowing others are having the exact same expierience but at a fraction of the cost. I know it's really stupid but it's just a bit of a psychological hurdle lol.

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #167 of 2,057
well get over it buddy (i know I am being insensitive) these sound amazing!!! I bought mine after the fact too and payed 699 after the mess up was fixed. I have had four dif headphones come in since then and it is still the best sounding one

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #168 of 2,057
sigh my pandora pads replacement haven't arrived up till now and i got a brand new Utada hikaru FIrst love anniversary platinum remaster arrived. TH600 isn't bad in any means but really miss the mids of PHVI....

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #169 of 2,057
  well get over it buddy (i know I am being insensitive) these sound amazing!!! I bought mine after the fact too and payed 699 after the mess up was fixed. I have had four dif headphones come in since then and it is still the best sounding one

Haha, not insensitive at all, i need the tough love lol. I think once payday comes i'll finally pull the trigger. Just a quick question, if i buy brand new now how will i or other previous owners go about recieving these new free pads? (if i understood the posts correctly).

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #170 of 2,057
Is anyone able to give me a brief comparison to the Signature Pro or the Signature DJ?

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #171 of 2,057

Haha, not insensitive at all, i need the tough love lol. I think once payday comes i'll finally pull the trigger. Just a quick question, if i buy brand new now how will i or other previous owners go about recieving these new free pads? (if i understood the posts correctly).

I was looking for earpad updates on the website and found these have just been added....not sure if they are on sale yet but I assume they are in the process of distributing as they weren't listed a couple of weeks ago. Not on the UK dealer website. They look like a vast improvement...I would wait for them.
http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/2086
Earpads look firmer (deeper....hmm maybe not, maybe just firmer) and the overall HP is lighter : D
I want that one!!

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #173 of 2,057
Wow thatnks for the heads up! Love the black, Any idea on when they'll be available? Also pricing, same as the VI?

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #174 of 2,057
Wow!! That new updated version looks supersweet and love that the weight as been reduced which is quite a big aspect for me that have become used to ~250g or lighter headphones.

EDIT: Wait a sec, that's Pandora IV...

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #176 of 2,057
That PHIV is interesting... Although I think the VI looks much nicer. That black finish looks almost like the VI just had the metal part removed, kinda seems strange to me. The weight is still a bit heavy too, albeit lighter =/ I wonder when FAD will release the PHV, which is supposed to be an open back version of the VI. I bet the weight on that should be significantly lighter.

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #177 of 2,057
Yeah, I suppose the IV may be of a much lesser SQ....hadn't even considered that.......

I think  my neck got carried away with the thought of less weight! 

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #180 of 2,057
And with it being all metal, I bet it'll be even heavier than the VI. Looks gorgeous but seriously, the weight is too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back