Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 27, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #106 of 2,057
  The PH VI now completely vanished from amazon.de.

I have them for 2 days now - I don't have the problem with the slack sliders (yet ??).  Getting a good fit on the ears is a little issue for me though - I seem to have larger ears than others. ...

I can also confirm that the earpads are a little too soft - after some 30 minutes listening or so I get the feeling that my ear touches the "grill" of the driver.
I will try to stuff the pads with some soft cloth or wool.

Cheers, hopefully a bit of stuffing will solve your comfort issues. My pair will be here today........I'm expecting some aural pleasures this evening : )

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #107 of 2,057
Thx - good listening fun
L3000.gif
to you

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #108 of 2,057
Mine will be here wed per stupid ups ground. I dont know why that was their only shipping option but anywho. Todate there hasnt been a hp i am more eager to listen to. Everyone likes them and ranks them pretty highly.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #109 of 2,057
Good luck - i have been comparing them. to the LCD 2 over the Last days. I Can say That the Pandora sound very nice with female vocals but also with jazz. With Oldtime rock (King crimson, Genesis etc.) i felt they have a similar Sound as the Denon 7100 (i Don 't have them - this is just my Impression from Memory)
Compared to the LCDs they Need much less amp power -in direct comparison on my Superuniti I playd them with a loudness Setting of 30- 35 while I had to Turn loudness up to 47-52 with the LCDs to get the same Sound level.

I Hope somebody finds Bettler Earpads for them. Stuffing helps but is no satisfying solution for ever.

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #110 of 2,057
Could you do a more detailed comparison between the PHVI and LCD2 when you get the chance? With highs, mids, lows, soundstage, imaging, timbre, etc.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #111 of 2,057
  Could you do a more detailed comparison between the PHVI and LCD2 when you get the chance? With highs, mids, lows, soundstage, imaging, timbre, etc.

I used to have an lcd2 it would be very hard for a headphone to have timbres and a black background like it. Everything sounds really natural. On the other hand it would be easy for a headphone to sound more fun.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #112 of 2,057
For all Pandora VI owner, I went to mook festival in Jakarta today and good news they are going to give all pandora VI owner a new pad (at least that they told me). I tried the new pads on the new Pandora IV (gonna be released in few days). The new pads are much much more comfortable. I think the new pads should solve the comfort issue.

For Pandora IV SQ i just listened for a brief moment because they went south compared to the VI. It has the traditional FAD's weird (for me) sound signature. I couldn't get to enjoy them, and since I never liked any FAD's in ear line up i can't compare the sound at all. but i think traditional FAD's fan should be able to enjoy it. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #113 of 2,057
That's great to hear about the new pads!

Wish I had had the money to get them from Amazon when they priced them wrong.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #116 of 2,057
Oh wow that's great news! Man I wish I still had mine to try out with the new pads. Only been a week and a half since I said goodbye to them, been in withdrawal ever since :frowning2:

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #119 of 2,057
Good luck - i have been comparing them. to the LCD 2 over the Last days. I Can say That the Pandora sound very nice with female vocals but also with jazz. With Oldtime rock (King crimson, Genesis etc.) i felt they have a similar Sound as the Denon 7100 (i Don 't have them - this is just my Impression from Memory)
Compared to the LCDs they Need much less amp power -in direct comparison on my Superuniti I playd them with a loudness Setting of 30- 35 while I had to Turn loudness up to 47-52 with the LCDs to get the same Sound level.

I Hope somebody finds Bettler Earpads for them. Stuffing helps but is no satisfying solution for ever.

They have been great with all kinds of acoustic music and vocals have a great depth and separation. I find it surprising how well they work with EDM as well, as they seem on the slower side and warm but the bass presence and upper mid details really push songs along.
I find that the low impedance really brings out differences in mastered volume levels and I'm constantly adjusting the volume when my playlist jumps between albums.
Also, the upper mids and treble really come out at higher volumes and balance the overall sound......I think I'm slowly deafening myself but it sounds so good.

Quote:
  From what i understand it will be for free. :D. Should be pretty soon..

Yasss that would be a sweet deal....even if they are reasonably priced this would be great too! The pads are very comfy but a bit thicker would be perfect.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #120 of 2,057
The new pads are thicker, and a little bit more firm. which provide good isolation and better comfort for me. 

My pads was broken today. seems to be a common issue. waiting from replacement from Jaben. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back