Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
May 30, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #511 of 2,057
nah I didnt get those. But another person I know sold them to me. This HE-6 even not properly amped is the purest hp I have had to date so I am not letting it go right now. I literally think I will sell everything else I have and keep those here. 

If You were considering an Import from Japan You could get it clearly below that amount. Another Guy here found a price around 300 USD if I am not wrong. Even if you have to pay import tax etc. you'd stay below 600 USD.

May 30, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #512 of 2,057
300?  i was scouting around a few sites until my eyes went blurry...
and at times mistook the 4 for the 6, and almost hit the buy button,
it would be disastrous if the "wrong" can landed at my door :p
But if it is true, then FANTASTIC !!

May 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #514 of 2,057
At $300, I would have thing they are either IVs, used, or fakes. (I suppose it could be a pricing error as well, especially since that's what it turned out to be, and I was able to edit this post and add this part to make myself looke even smarter
biggrin.gif
 ) Think about it,- do you think a real dealer can make a profit by (re)selling it for $300? If it sounds too good to be true......

May 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #515 of 2,057
Yes - there surely is some truth to this. 
On the other hand I bought mine at amazon.de for 286 Euro when they started to offer it in Europe, and it surely is not a fake.
So - it is possible sometimes. You should't rule out the chance that someone is making a mistake in pricing.  

I also could get the Heaven VI from Japan for 439 USD while they take 599 Euro in Europe. So there is some chance in direct import.  

May 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #516 of 2,057
I'm not even sure I could buy a pair at that price and not feel like I was scamming someone, LOL.

Said it before and I'll say it again, these are the holy grail of closed-back. I still need to try the Fostex TH900 and maybe the LCD-XC but at this point... why? I cannot fathom why anyone would not fall in love with these. Someone needs to get Tyll a pair. 

May 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #517 of 2,057
  I'm not even sure I could buy a pair at that price and not feel like I was scamming someone, LOL.

Said it before and I'll say it again, these are the holy grail of closed-back. I still need to try the Fostex TH900 and maybe the LCD-XC but at this point... why? I cannot fathom why anyone would not fall in love with these. Someone needs to get Tyll a pair. 

I just wrote a post about these in the forums headphone measurement suggestion thread. I'd really wanna see a measurement before jumping on it as I know roughly what kind of balance appeals to me.

May 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #518 of 2,057
The cheap pricing above was an accidental listing on amazon which after a few orders were filled they went to the original price. A few members caught that and jumped on it. I didn't have he funds to at the time.

May 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #520 of 2,057
  For those of You who are interested - Final Audio showed their new Pandora Hope VIII on the munich High End show last week end.

The sound to me was stunning as far as I could hear in this environment.  (the price also - they said it will cost around 3.000 USD. The earshells are covered with 24k gold ...)  It should be available soon in asia - in Europe it will probably be august till you can get it.

Here are pics (taken with my Iphone - sorry for the quality)

Thanks for the info. These must be a major upgrade in sound over the VI if they are planning to sell them for $3,000. I can't imagine that they could be THAT much better. Isn't $3,000 about how much they were selling the original Muramasa for?

They look amazing I have to say. So beautiful. BTW, they look very much like the Muramasa VIII. 

Final Audio's website seems to have placeholders in place for the Hope VIII (as well as the Hope X).

http://www.finalaudio.nl/en/products/pandora-hope-series/pandora-viii.html

http://www.finalaudio.nl/en/line-up/pandora-hope-series/pandora-x.html

A picture of the Hope X? from their website:

May 30, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #521 of 2,057

Thanks for the info. These must be a major upgrade in sound over the VI if they are planning to sell them for $3,000. I can't imagine that they could be THAT much better. Isn't $3,000 about how much they were selling the original Muramasa for?

They look amazing I have to say. So beautiful. BTW, they look very much like the Muramasa VIII. 

Final Audio's website seems to have placeholders in place for the Hope VIII (as well as the Hope X).

http://www.finalaudio.nl/en/products/pandora-hope-series/pandora-viii.html

http://www.finalaudio.nl/en/line-up/pandora-hope-series/pandora-x.html

A picture of the Hope X? from their website:

No - the Muramasa was sold for 8.000 $  - but as far as I know they only ever produced 5 pieces. One of them was for sale 3 weeks ago here on the classifieds. 
I believe the picture shows the Hope VIII.  
EDIT: I rechecked my pics - maybe You are right, the VIII had brown leather and the earshells part that looks like aluminium here is made out of plastics on the VIII.

May 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #522 of 2,057

I just wrote a post about these in the forums headphone measurement suggestion thread. I'd really wanna see a measurement before jumping on it as I know roughly what kind of balance appeals to me.

I'm also very curious what the response curve on these is, because they don't sound "flat", but at the same time I can't peg any part of the range as being boosted or recessed. 

May 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #523 of 2,057

EDIT: I rechecked my pics - maybe You are right, the VIII had brown leather and the earshells part that looks like aluminium here is made out of plastics on the VIII.

Interesting. So, if the Hope X is real (and it probably is given that they stated from the beginning that the Hope VI would be part of an entire new line of headphones) how much would it cost given the Hope VIII is already going to be $3,000ish in most probability?

May 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #524 of 2,057
If I had to take a stab, I'd say the VIII will be more like $1500 and the X in the $3000 area.

The Muramasa was a limited edition art exhibit, basically. I don't think it was ever going to be a "mainstream product". Going by the price gradation of everything else FAD has, I don't believe they'd go 700 -> 3000 -> 8000 or anything insane like that. 

May 30, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #525 of 2,057

You'd think Final Audio would send him a pair. Or maybe he is just too busy to review every piece of equipment manufacturers send him. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back