REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #316 of 1,613
Its much better than the Belkin imo, if you are referring to the Belkin home theater model. I would advise you to get the H15 since you are more prone to lightening strikes.

Woot! I didnt realize I hit 500 posts. I dont know if thats a good thing though :xf_eek: .....

Congrats.. I think so I have the PF60 or some odd model. They seem to be equally priced. Conditioning is a whole other world, you can spend ridiculous money
wallah: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-15562-shunyata-hydra-triton-power-conditioner.aspx
Congrats on 500
Ouch.. Yea I don't think that kind of conditioner is necessary. Also, keep in mind that isolated banks are superior to RFI/EMI filters for ac noise reduction

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #317 of 1,613
I suspect it would be very nice with the T1 as well, but I don't have a balanced cable on mine so I can't be sure.  
25.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #319 of 1,613
  Anyone playing around with DSD512 upsampling using Signalyst (since JRMC doesn't support 512 yet)?

thanks!

I downloaded and installed the HQPlayer but was not able to configure it to upsample to DSD256 and DSD512. These sampling rates were simply not available in the list. May be I did not know how to configure the player. The trial has expired. I may try it in a different computer.
Does anyone know how to configure the HQPlayer to allow the selections of the upsampling to DSD256 and DSD512?

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #322 of 1,613
  What is this?
Biggest and heaviest: is it better or worse than the DA8

IMO, that device is cheap for a reason, especially since it claims it has 2x ESS 9018 chips which are known to be counterfeited.

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #323 of 1,613

IMO, that device is cheap for a reason, especially since it claims it has 2x ESS 9018 chips which are known to be counterfeited.

I'm sure you would have no problem using dual ESS9018's and still squeezing out a profit at $1k but it is a bit suspicious.

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #324 of 1,613

I'm sure you would have no problem using dual ESS9018's and still squeezing out a profit at $1k but it is a bit suspicious.

Maybe yeah. Plus the fact there is no reputation and that you must call/email to place an order. If they don't accept paypal and/or require you to send a bank transfer, that's automatic suspicion.

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #326 of 1,613
  Does anyone know how to configure the HQPlayer to allow the selections of the upsampling to DSD256 and DSD512?

I installed the HQPlayer in another computer. To get all DSD sampling rates available we have to run the HQPlayer Desktop 3 Asio.
I tried to play some files upsampled to DSD256 and DSD512 but the computer had not enough processing power. Even upsampling do DSD64 resulted in interrupted and irregular audio.

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #327 of 1,613
About those L.K.S. Audio dacs, I wonder why the single chip model is $120 more than the dual. Surely it would be significantly cheaper to build the single. The dual model appears to have twice as many parts and the metal enclosure is about twice the size...

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #329 of 1,613
The LKS Dual-9018 DAC is getting pretty popular in Hong Kong, as a few reputed hi-fi players in a local forum (www.hiendy.com) are giving it very good reviews. One of them turns out to become the local distributor of that DAC in HK, so there could be an element of bias as well.

2 guys from the same local forum have compared a modded Teac UD-501 (with op-amp rolling) vs the LKS Dual-9018, the modded UD-501 turns out to be slightly on top, but they become on par again when the op-amp in the LKS are rolled also.

That LKS Dual-9018 DAC has a Japanese version as well (http://htpc.jp/t46e/t46.html, the whole thing except the case is designed and made in China, with the case made by the Japanese), with a better looking case it's charging more than double the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back