REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Sep 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #301 of 1,613
Thanks project86! I'd love to have a quality DAC with multiple outputs and the DA8 is pretty much at the top of my list. It looks very promising.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #302 of 1,613
Cant wait... mine should arrive in 2 weeks... Hopefully this will replace my Concero to Theta Chroma 396 combo. I found the Concero to lack bass and not image as well as the Theta, which is 20 years old btw. But the Concero was more refined up top, yes lacked the dynamics because of the bass. The disadvantage is the Theta top can get unruly and there is no playing hires files. Will try the Concero into the DA8 too.
 This was all on my external speaker setup which is quite good. These: http://www.evolutionacoustics.com/loudspeakers/mmmicroone/
Solid State amp is this: http://www.wellsaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/close2.jpg
Speaker Cables (the bomb!!): http://triodewirelabs.com/american-speaker-cable.html
Plus power cables: http://triodewirelabs.com/audiophile-power-cable-ten-plus.html

Plus my Mac/Hackintosh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php
hmm missing anything...
No power conditioners.. though I should have something.. 

Psyched!!!!
Interesting amp. Looks like you'll be in for a treat. I'd consider getting some means of protection atleast, you never know...

The H10 imo is serious bang for buck. It's got voltage regulation which line conditioners typically don't offer, it's also got isolated banks which imo provided a better blackground. My load is at 40% with 120 being the maximum, and I literally power everything in my room without having the unit blink past 40%.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #303 of 1,613
Who makes the H10? Lightning hit our house about 3 weeks ago. Luckily it didn't burn any of my audio equipment. It did ruin a touchscreen for my exercise bike and a laser printer.. it (laser printer) works but burned out the ethernet connection so I cant print to it. Electric sparks literally popped out of the outlets. But I hear you. Have to protect the goods.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #304 of 1,613
  Who makes the H10? Lightning hit our house about 3 weeks ago. Luckily it didn't burn any of my audio equipment. It did ruin a touchscreen for my exercise bike and a laser printer.. it (laser printer) works but burned out the ethernet connection so I cant print to it. Electric sparks literally popped out of the outlets. But I hear you. Have to protect the goods.

APC makes it. The H15 is not much more, has more protection (higher ratings) but is ultimately the same thing. Seems worth the extra $60 or whatever the normal increase, unless you can find the H10 on one of those crazy $99 specials they have done in the past. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #305 of 1,613
Given that your house was hit by lightening, I'd say getting power management is a necessity.

Here's my H10

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #306 of 1,613
Sep 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #308 of 1,613
Sep 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #310 of 1,613
What would be your opinions on power conditioners such as the P18 and their ability to handle surges/lightning?

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #311 of 1,613
What would be your opinions on power conditioners such as the P18 and their ability to handle surges/lightning?

These other guys can tell you a lot more about power conditions but look for the joule rating that we've mentioned. A high joule rating around 4000 should mean it can handle large surges.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #312 of 1,613
I use a Belkin on my main system downstairs. Has an LCD screen. Is the APC better or are they about the same...
Its ridiculous... between my computer and my audio system upstairs there are like 24 plugs. Something like that and I have all the giant cords.. It looks like that scene from Brazil (movie) when Robert Deniro is working on that wall with the billions of wires

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #313 of 1,613
The P18 was an option for me as well, however--I went with the APC H10 because it has 12 power inputs whereas the P18 has only 4, the P18 also does not have AVR (Automatic voltage regulator) and only works as a surge protector as well as a line conditioner. Im not sure on how much joules the P18 is capable of.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #314 of 1,613
I use a Belkin on my main system downstairs. Has an LCD screen. Is the APC better or are they about the same...
Its ridiculous... between my computer and my audio system upstairs there are like 24 plugs. Something like that and I have all the giant cords.. It looks like that scene from Brazil (movie) when Robert Deniro is working on that wall with the billions of wires
Its much better than the Belkin imo, if you are referring to the Belkin home theater model. I would advise you to get the H15 since you are more prone to lightening strikes.

Woot! I didnt realize I hit 500 posts. I dont know if thats a good thing though :xf_eek:.....

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #315 of 1,613
Its much better than the Belkin imo, if you are referring to the Belkin home theater model. I would advise you to get the H15 since you are more prone to lightening strikes.

Woot! I didnt realize I hit 500 posts. I dont know if thats a good thing though
redface.gif

Congrats.. I think so I have the PF60 or some odd model. They seem to be equally priced. Conditioning is a whole other world, you can spend ridiculous money
wallah: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-15562-shunyata-hydra-triton-power-conditioner.aspx
Congrats on 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back