Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Jul 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #526 of 840
Quote:
I remember reading about something called the "reverse insertion technique" in an IEM thread. Somebody in that thread was writing about the benefits to be gained by taking some in ear monitors and sticking them in your ears the wrong way round. I think he said it opened up the soundstage or something. Since coming across that, I've learned not to take everything I read on Head-Fi too seriously. That's not to discount the opinions of people who do know what they're talking about - of which there are plenty.

That does actually ring a bell. It was sometimes used for the older UE universal models like TF10 and the original SuperFi 5 Pro (and SF3 Studio I guess) because of their odd shapes. People could sometimes get a better fit by switching sides, and then compensate by reversing channels in Rockbox.

Nothing fancy about it - a better fit will usually improve the sound. This wouldn't work for any other IEMs that fit the same way if you switch left/right sides. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #527 of 840
Quote:

That does actually ring a bell. It was sometimes used for the older UE universal models like TF10 and the original SuperFi 5 Pro (and SF3 Studio I guess) because of their odd shapes. People could sometimes get a better fit by switching sides, and then compensate by reversing channels in Rockbox.

Nothing fancy about it - a better fit will usually improve the sound. This wouldn't work for any other IEMs that fit the same way if you switch left/right sides. 

I stand corrected. I thought it was just somebody talking utter garbage - probably down to the fact that such a thing has its own name. If I Googled the reverse insertion technique, I think I'd be more likely to find a bunch of XXX sites than an earphone fitting process.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #530 of 840
New V800 owner here!
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #533 of 840
I'm just experimenting. If the Conductor doesn't sell I'm very happy to keep it. My next setup will be a great DAC, a WA22 and the Audeze LCD3 balanced. It might be a few weeks away :)

Have you sold your LCD2 yet?

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #534 of 840
Quote:
I'm just experimenting. If the Conductor doesn't sell I'm very happy to keep it. My next setup will be a great DAC, a WA22 and the Audeze LCD3 balanced. It might be a few weeks away :)

Have you sold your LCD2 yet?

Nope, no luck so far. I keep getting requests for just the cable alone... it might be better to sell things on their own, even though I don't have another LCD-2 cable.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #536 of 840
Very interested in this DAC. Can anyone with Linux comment on the experience of getting them to work with each other? My current HRT MusicStreamer II+ works perfectly when connected with no setup required and I just want to make sure the V800 will as well.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #537 of 840
There should be no problem with Linux. Haven't tried but its plug n play, driverless in windows 7.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #538 of 840
Quote:
I would have had the Toxic Cable and sent you my stock cable as part payment. Just be patient. Your price is a good one and I'm sure somebody will snap it up eventually
biggrin.gif

I'll shoot you a pm sooner or later, that would be a nice deal. Back to the v800 now! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back