1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: Violectric V800 DAC

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by project86, Oct 3, 2011.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. project86 Contributor
    Quote:

That does actually ring a bell. It was sometimes used for the older UE universal models like TF10 and the original SuperFi 5 Pro (and SF3 Studio I guess) because of their odd shapes. People could sometimes get a better fit by switching sides, and then compensate by reversing channels in Rockbox.

Nothing fancy about it - a better fit will usually improve the sound. This wouldn't work for any other IEMs that fit the same way if you switch left/right sides. 

2. Tony1110
    Quote:

3. project86 Contributor
    Well, that was just one application I remember. It's totally possible there was some yahoo around here championing that idea as "improving" other IEMs, for some magical reason.

And yeah, don't Google it....

4. guido
    any updates on the USB input upgrade?

5. AManAnd88Keys
    New V800 owner here! [​IMG]

6. Tony1110

Great DAC you've got yourself there :wink:

7. AManAnd88Keys
    Quote:

I know, I know [​IMG] I see you are already selling the Conductor, what's your next setup going to be?

8. Tony1110
    I'm just experimenting. If the Conductor doesn't sell I'm very happy to keep it. My next setup will be a great DAC, a WA22 and the Audeze LCD3 balanced. It might be a few weeks away :)

Have you sold your LCD2 yet?

9. AManAnd88Keys
    Quote:

Nope, no luck so far. I keep getting requests for just the cable alone... it might be better to sell things on their own, even though I don't have another LCD-2 cable.

10. Tony1110
    I would have had the Toxic Cable and sent you my stock cable as part payment. Just be patient. Your price is a good one and I'm sure somebody will snap it up eventually :D

11. DarthMarth
    Very interested in this DAC. Can anyone with Linux comment on the experience of getting them to work with each other? My current HRT MusicStreamer II+ works perfectly when connected with no setup required and I just want to make sure the V800 will as well.

12. zhunter
    There should be no problem with Linux. Haven't tried but its plug n play, driverless in windows 7.

13. AManAnd88Keys
    Quote:

I'll shoot you a pm sooner or later, that would be a nice deal. Back to the v800 now! :wink:

14. Tony1110

It's okay. I've got one now. Lol. Enjoy the V800 :)

15. AManAnd88Keys
    Quote:

Well, that was quick! [​IMG]

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last