Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Jun 14, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #2,746 of 3,078
You're in NY? If you're Upstate, you're more than welcome to come over and listen to a variety of amps with your cans, including a V200. Good luck.

Thanks for the offer, I live in eastern Long Island and unfortunately I ended up missing the NY meet a few weeks back and missed out on some excellent opportunities to listen to equipment and meeting some fellow headfiers. I might pm you some questions that I might have if you don't mind. Thanks.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2,747 of 3,078
I'm aware of the lake people amps but I have not heard many people recommend them with the hd800's. Why would anyone buy the v100/200 amps if the only difference is cosmetics? Are you positive if I purchase a g109 it will sound identical to the v200 with my hd800's?

I'm not sure they'd sound identical, but they should be very similar considering their similarities in the build, but you'd have to compare them side by side. They probably have a differently tuned sound, as I said, LP are pro focused products, they aim for absolute accuracy and neutrality, whereas the V200 in particular is a bit warm, but technically, they're on the level of Violectric's, meaning they use the same quality components, very similar if not identical layouts, etc. Even their measurements are very similar.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2,748 of 3,078
I'm not sure they'd sound identical, but they should be very similar considering their similarities in the build, but you'd have to compare them side by side. They probably have a differently tuned sound, as I said, LP are pro focused products, they aim for absolute accuracy and neutrality, whereas the V200 in particular is a bit warm, but technically, they're on the level of Violectric's, meaning they use the same quality components, very similar if not identical layouts, etc. Even their measurements are very similar.

Am I incorrect in interpreting your comment as one big guess?

Edit: typo

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #2,749 of 3,078
I own both a G109 and a V200 - they sound identical to me (slightly warm, effortless control).
I will most likely keep the V200 simply because it matches my DAC800, however if you are looking for something with a Vio/LP sound to tame the HD800 then the G109 would be the best value option for doing so.

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,750 of 3,078
  I own both a G109 and a V200 - they sound identical to me (slightly warm, effortless control).
I will most likely keep the V200 simply because it matches my DAC800, however if you are looking for something with a Vio/LP sound to tame the HD800 then the G109 would be the best value option for doing so.

Appreciate that, I am still torn on which direction I am going and I can't seem to find anyone selling one in good condition.

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #2,753 of 3,078
Am I incorrect in interpreting your comment as one big guess?

Edit: typo

No, it's not a guess, I know how similar they sound with every other headphone, so it's safe to assume they'd sound very similar with HD800's as well. Identical? Probably not. But the fact is that for half the price you get the same level of quality, just an ever so slightly different tune in sound. .

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,755 of 3,078
It kind of depends on you interpretation of "similar". I bought the V100, sold it after I got the V200. Then I sold that one after I bought the V281. I have reviewed all 3 of them and sure I could explain how similar they are, but I could do just the same in how different they are.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #2,756 of 3,078
It kind of depends on you interpretation of "similar". I bought the V100, sold it after I got the V200. Then I sold that one after I bought the V281. I have reviewed all 3 of them and sure I could explain how similar they are, but I could do just the same in how different they are.

I am 100% sure that I don't want to go to a balance system, but maybe you could recommend one for the HD800 wanting to tame the treble peak some and maybe adding a small boost to the low end to make the 800 a little more musical and less analytical.

Jun 20, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,757 of 3,078
I am 100% sure that I don't want to go to a balance system, but maybe you could recommend one for the HD800 wanting to tame the treble peak some and maybe adding a small boost to the low end to make the 800 a little more musical and less analytical.

That sounds like the V200 to me.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,759 of 3,078
Hey guys I have a question.  Just ran across this info on the violectric 200 amp.  I am presently using a PS Audio DL III DACthat has the Cullen stage 4 mods done.  I really like the Audio Technica W5000 headphones that I have but have been stuck on getting an amp for them. If I go with the Audio Technica HA5000 it would be great for the W5000 but if I wanted to get other very good headphones I would be rather limited.  I guess my question is if you all think this amp since it is more on the warm side would do well with the W5000. other amps I have considered are the Woo WA2 and the Schiit Lyr 2 but not sure I want to get into the tube rolling end of it all.  Any advice you all could give would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back