Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
May 3, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #3,061 of 3,062
I have two questions: is the violectric v200 better than the Lake People G111?
Is the v200 a good upgrade to the Asgard 3, does it have more power and quality?
Different sound. Depends on what headphone.

I've had V200 and Asgard 3 in the past but not at the same time, also did not have G111.

So take it with grain of salt, but based from my conversation with another head-fi member and it seems to match what roskodan is saying.

They all have slightly different sound signature.

V200 = warm with rolled off air.
G111 = neutral, more leaning towards studio sound.
Asgard 3 = this one is confusing because people say it's warm but I didn't find it too warm.

Due to the difference in sound signature the recommended DAC pairing are also different.

But resolution wise from my chat with another person he says V200 > G111, and from memory I think V200 > Asgard 3.

So based on this I would say V200 has highest resolution. It's also recommended to buy AudioQuest NRG-Z3 cable to go with it, though I never tried.

That being said, I sold V200 after I got Lyr 3. So this is all from memory LOL.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #3,062 of 3,062
I have two questions: is the violectric v200 better than the Lake People G111?
Is the v200 a good upgrade to the Asgard 3, does it have more power and quality?
I have the V200 and had the G111 MKII, unfortunately I don't know the old G111. It would be quite a challenge if the old G111 had the soundstage of the V200. In my opinion all L.P. models they are geared for professional listening and are delicious. The Violectrics are designed for audiophile listening, where musically they have a wider and deeper soundstage and make musical instruments better appreciated (excellent stereophony). If you are looking for a musical amplifier, also consider the Lehmann Linear (sounds divine) and Violectric V100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back